HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's funny how the Kaep haters are virtually all the biggest Cutler fanboys. Jealously is a horrible thing.

You already know I am not a fanboy of anyone other than Jeffery. If I and everyone else shit on Cutler for the same mistakes you bet your ass I will do the same for the rest of the QBs across the league. I don't subscribe to the bullshit double standards entirely too many people make for quarterbacks. Everyone gets criticized just the same for inaccuracy, bad decision making, interceptions, choking etc etc.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just don't understand the criticism on such a young player who is playing at a pretty high level at such an early stage in his career. He can easily drop off, but even in his down year he still had a good season.

Envy. Kaepernick is young, immensely talented and successful. Cutler is in his 30s, mediocre and not remotely successful.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except that some QBs are more frequently inaccurate, make bad decisions, throw interceptions, and choke.

Like Peyton Manning in the playoffs and every SB appearance? I know.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope, a double standard would be acting as if Peyton Manning is the best quarterback of all time when he chokes away in the most critical time for any quarterback. The post-season. However that is merely one example of quarterbacking double standards league-wide.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its quite simple really. Switch Manning's name with any other quarterback in the league, slap his post season record on them and they would be labeled a playoff choker.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Its quite simple really. Switch Manning's name with any other quarterback in the league, slap his post season record on them and they would be labeled a playoff choker.

Depends. Are they also a five time league MVP?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depends. Are they also a five time league MVP?

You, as I, know that league MVP is decided before they play like shit in the post-season. League MVP is a regular season honor and he has clearly earned those. At no point do I even attempt to discredit his regular season play because that is in fact where he shines.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But you are implying that regular season play is pretty much worthless. Got it.

No I made a very specific distinction that the best of all time shouldn't also have a giant hole in their game, the post season. You can attempt to twist my statements in whatever convoluted way you prefer. The point remains the same. He is lacking a very important part to be considered the best of all time. Being a regular season god does not make up for under-performing when it counts the most. It also happens to be a double standard since damn near no one else in the league would be given that much rope.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is useless. I am not going to keep repeating myself over and over again.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You, as I, know that league MVP is decided before they play like shit in the post-season. League MVP is a regular season honor and he has clearly earned those. At no point do I even attempt to discredit his regular season play because that is in fact where he shines.

Peyton is tied for 6th all-time in total number of playoff wins.

Peyton is 1 game under .500 in the playoffs. Favre is 2 games over, so is Steve Young and Phil Simms. Jim Kelly 1 game over. Marino is 2 games under. Yet these guys aren't typically labeled playoff chokers to the extent that Manning is. Peyton has lost a lot of games because he always gives his team an opportunity to play in them.

IMO, to hold this against him is stupid. And since so many people do I'm wondering why more people don't care about Bart Starr being 9-1 in the playoffs.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Peyton is 1 game under .500 in the playoffs. Favre is 2 games over, so is Steve Young and Phil Simms. Jim Kelly 1 game over. Marino is 2 games under. Yet these guys aren't typically labeled playoff chokers to the extent that Manning is. Peyton has lost a lot of games because he always gives his team an opportunity to play in them.

IMO, to hold this against him is stupid. And since so many people do I'm wondering why more people don't care about Bart Starr being 9-1 in the playoffs.

He also has a similar playoff stat line to "clutch" Tom Brady

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Win percentage is just another way of hiding number of losses. Even Cutler sports a .500 playoff record. Woopty-doo. Show how many wins and losses they have. Oh and do include SBs while you're at it.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Win percentage is just another way of hiding number of losses. Even Cutler sports a .500 playoff record. Woopty-doo. Show how many wins and losses they have. Oh and do include SBs while you're at it.

Reminds me how terrible of a pitcher Cy Young must have been.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Super Bowls
Favre 1(played in 2)
Young 1..as a starter. Rode the pine for Two of Montana's(played in 2...mop up duty in a 55-10 thrashing of Denver)
Simms 1(or 2) He was the primary starter in 1990 but Hostetler took over in Week 14 when Simms went down with an injury and never returned.
Kelly 0 (played in 4)
Marino 0 (played in 1)
Manning 1 (played in 3)
Wins/Playoff record as a starter
Favre: 13-11
Young: 8-6
Simms: 6-4
Kelly: 9-8
Marino: 8-10
Manning: 11-12

Last edited:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Cutler's win percentage "hides" his number of losses (1)? Does a baseball player's batting average "hide" his number of strikeouts...or is it not measuring strikeouts?

Cutler
1 postseason win
0 Super Bowls

It hides it when they have a lot of losses genius. Its the same principle as comparing the accomplishment of two 2000 yard rushers like OJ Simpson and Chris Johnson. Who's is more impressive? Simpson's. Why? Because he did it in a 14 game season as opposed to Johnson's 16 game season. Number of attempts changes how you view any percentage. Always. Hence hiding losses...

Edit: You damn well know I am talking about football here not baseball.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It hides it when they have a lot of losses genius. Its the same principle as comparing the accomplishment of two 2000 yard rushers like OJ Simpson and Chris Johnson. Who's is more impressive? Simpson's. Why? Because he did it in a 14 game season as opposed to Johnson's 16 game season. Number of attempts changes how you view any percentage. Always. Hence hiding losses...

To keep this in perspective Manning has been to the playoffs 13 times. That means he could have won more Super Bowls than any QB ever(5) and still been with in a loss or two of the all time playoff loss record. I forget the exact leader and number. Maybe it's Favre with 11, but even with 5 Super Bowls and 8 losses he would have been in 3rd behind Favre/Marino..so basically...what's your point?

Perspective is a tricky thing I guess.

Last edited:

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So you do agree that Bart Starr is the best playoff quarterback of all time?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Or maybe one of these guys if it is all about percentage:

Glenn Presnell 1 1 0 1.000
Lions*
Irv Comp * 1 1 0 1.000
Packers*
1944 [72]
Paul Christman * 1 1 0 1.000
Cardinals*
1947 [73]
Bill Wade 1 1 0 1.000
Bears*
103 Gifford Nielsen 1 1 0 1.000

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you do agree that Bart Starr is the best playoff quarterback of all time?

I can't say I have ever attempted to study all quarterbacks' playoff records to even try to form an opinion of who the best playoff quarterback of all time is.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To keep this in perspective Manning has been to the playoffs 13 times. That means he could have won more Super Bowls than any QB ever(5) and still been with in a loss or two of the all time playoff loss record. I forget the exact leader and number. Maybe it's Favre with 11, but even with 5 Super Bowls and 8 losses he would have been in 3rd behind Favre/Marino..so basically...what's your point?

Perspective is a tricky thing I guess.

Its not even remotely difficult to comprehend that added SB wins goes a long way to making other playoff losses inconsequential. Alas you can't change history. He has but one SB win and it was handed to him by his defense after he nearly fubared it away.