OT: ANDY RIED's son involved in multi-vehicle crash...UPDATED: Ried formally charged with DWI

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
DUI? again? He pleaded guilty to DUI in 2008.

Another citizen without the prestige and deep financial pockets would be fucked hard in this situation. Let's see how the court system handles this one, /don't count on same penalties

jts1207

Liked Posts:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DUI? again? He pleaded guilty to DUI in 2008.

Another citizen without the prestige and deep financial pockets would be fucked hard in this situation. Let's see how the court system handles this one, /don't count on same penalties

He already has a felony on his record for pointing a gun at someone in a road rage incident, according to the other article posted. He’s not getting out of this unscathed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hospital also got a blood draw. He's appropriately fucked. Critically injured 5 year old is really pissing me off. Hope he gets jail, sued into bankruptcy and never drives again. I don't expect people to be perfect in their drinking but how drunk do you need to be to simply run into a car like that? How dumb to be in that position with a history like that?

I was rooting for KC tomorrow. Now I don't care.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Didn’t Dante stallworth get off from killing someone while driving drunk? It’s amazing what money and fame could do. This dude will probably pay a heavy fine, license suspended, and community service

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2 questions need clarifying.

1. How much alcohol did he consume ie was it really just a couple of drinks or was he over the legal limit?

2. Where exactly was the car he hit situated and what was the lighting situation. Stalling at the entrance ramp to an interstate at night is a pretty dangerous spot to be in if you aren't on the shoulder.

If he was drunk then 2 becomes a bit moot and he is fucked. If he was below the legal limit then 2 becomes more important as I have seen near misses in similar situations in broad daylight much less at night having lived in KC for almost 5 years.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
“Per Kansas City police, a white Dodge Ram that Reid was driving collided with a Chevrolet Impala that had run out of gas and was at a standstill on an exit ramp. The driver of the Impala had called family for help before the accident, which arrived in a Chevrolet Traverse that was parked in front of the disabled vehicle. Reid struck the left front of the Impala, then continued and struck the right rear of the Traverse.”

having trouble picturing this in my head. He had to have been fucked up and driving like an idiot or dozed off or something. And he admitted to taking prescribed adderall in addition to drinking

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“Per Kansas City police, a white Dodge Ram that Reid was driving collided with a Chevrolet Impala that had run out of gas and was at a standstill on an exit ramp. The driver of the Impala had called family for help before the accident, which arrived in a Chevrolet Traverse that was parked in front of the disabled vehicle. Reid struck the left front of the Impala, then continued and struck the right rear of the Traverse.”

having trouble picturing this in my head. He had to have been fucked up and driving like an idiot or dozed off or something. And he admitted to taking prescribed adderall in addition to drinking

Not necessarily. Some of those ramps on I-435 are curvy so if the car was in one of the lanes just after a curve, one bit of inattention and you are fucked. That could obviously be as a result of being drunk or it could be from checking your rearview mirror at the wrong time or fiddling with your phone. The tox report will be key in my opinion as well as determining just how far into the road this car was and where on this map the accident occurred.

download.jpg

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Not necessarily. Some of those ramps on I-435 are curvy so if the car was in one of the lanes just after a curve, one bit of inattention and you are fucked. That could obviously be as a result of being drunk or it could be from checking your rearview mirror at the wrong time or fiddling with your phone. The tox report will be key in my opinion as well as determining just how far into the road this car was.

How could you not be paying attention on adderal? I would think he would be pretty locked in

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How could you not be paying attention on adderal? I would think he would be pretty locked in

Well I guess it depends on how much alcohol he chased it with.

jts1207

Liked Posts:

I’m not saying he wasn’t fucked up but I can imagine certain off ramps with no room for cars to pull over could be tricky at a decent rate of speed

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The only scenario I could imagine would be if the disabled vehicle was parked on the right side of the ramp, and the Traverse parked on the left side of the ramp forward of the disabled vehicle...This way, the Ram could strike the left side of the Impala, and continue on to strike the right rear of the Traverse...Its just a hunch..I guess we would need to see the officers accident report to know for sure