OT: ANDY RIED's son involved in multi-vehicle crash...UPDATED: Ried formally charged with DWI

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He needs to do some prison time. I promise anyone of us would be doing time. Some of Britt's charges are below. I knew a guy personally who did 5 years for being drunk and pointing a gun in someone's face. Btitt settled out of court...lol

In 2007, Britt was sentenced to 8 to 23 months in jail alongside his brother Garrett for running a "drug emporium" from their home.[4]

Reid was involved in a road rage incident in 2007 where he pointed a gun at another man's face. A lawsuit was eventually settled out of court for an undisclosed sum in 2014.[5]

Reid was involved in a multi-vehicle crash on February 4, 2021 that injured two young children near the team's training complex, just a few days before Super Bowl LV. Reid admitted to officers he had consumed 2 to 3 drinks earlier in the evening and was on Adderall, a prescription medication used to treat attention deficit disorder.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He already has a felony on his record for pointing a gun at someone in a road rage incident, according to the other article posted. He’s not getting out of this unscathed.
Sounds like a swell guy

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he was past the legal limit and going 84 then not sure why it is just DWI. Seems like Vehicular Manslaughter to me.

As for the Chiefs' culpability, that is doubtful. Reid is an adult and while above the legal limit was not significantly over.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he was past the legal limit and going 84 then not sure why it is just DWI. Seems like Vehicular Manslaughter to me.

As for the Chiefs' culpability, that is doubtful. Reid is an adult and while above the legal limit was not significantly over.

Looks like he got vehicular assault because the victim survived.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
“This s--- right here is NOT even ENOUGH (expletive) TIME,” the social media post said. “1 TO 7. He can still Walk, Talk and (expletive) eat with a spoon and fork....”

return the favour..fk it. ?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Looks like he got vehicular assault because the victim survived.

If you can call it that. Girl has brain damage, can't speak nor walk. She is going to need care 24/7 for the rest of her life.

He needs to do time for sure and the family needs to be compensated for a billion dollars of his daddy's money.

Last edited:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Chiefs will end up having to pay out in the civil suit...

I hate the chiefs.
That said, I bet they pony up cash for this girl, and I don't hold them even slightly accountable for this.

I haven't heard any stories about him being wrecked at the facility.

Perhaps his dad, as his boss and father, might bear accountability of it turns out he saw Britt before he left.

...and in all honesty, for all we know, he hit a bar after work and failed to mention that to the cops.
That honestly seems like the most likely scenario.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There's no accountability with the Chiefs. Britt Reid's many incidents, Tyreek Hill, Frank Clark. Remember that they even said they didn't release Kareem Hunt because he sucker-punched a woman on camera---They released him because he lied to them. They do not care---Keep those Super Bowls coming, I suppose

Bust

Liked Posts:
That said, I bet they pony up cash for this girl, and I don't hold them even slightly accountable for this.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities. The Reid family could attempt to bribe the family with billions to keep his son out of jail by not pressing charges.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
If the police report is correct that Reid was working at and then left the Chiefs facility outside of standard working hours (report says 9 PM), Chiefs are almost 100% vicariously liable for this accident. The "going and coming" rule that usually seperates Employers from auto liability of employees during commute to and from work almost never is applied by courts outside of standard working hours - and the fact that the employee consumed alchohol on site before leaving would actually make the Chiefs more likely to be stuck with the bill on this one. Just my .02 as someone with over 10 years of experience broking Business Auto policies in the US.