OT: ANDY RIED's son involved in multi-vehicle crash...UPDATED: Ried formally charged with DWI

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For some it's called Karma

Bust

He'll be back on the road in 10 years like he did with that first conviction courtesy of his daddy's prestige and monopoly money.

The fact they won't press charges til after he's allowed to coach in the Superbowl says all. lol

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Bust

He'll be back on the road in 10 years like he did with that first conviction courtesy of his daddy's prestige and monopoly money.

The fact they won't press charges til after he's allowed to coach in the Superbowl says all. lol
I'm wondering what the average sentence is for dui/manslaughter. I'm guessing most people would be out of jail and eligible to be driving again after 10 years, I could absolutely be wrong though.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'm wondering what the average sentence is for dui/manslaughter. I'm guessing most people would be out of jail and eligible to be driving again after 10 years, I could absolutely be wrong though.

This is not his first offense tho. Reid's boy has issues but nothing his daddy's prestige and monopoly money can't fix

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What does his prescribed Adderall that he takes daily and millions across America drive on daily because it increases attentiveness have to do with this?

Because it isn't supposed to be mixed with alcohol and he wouldn't realize how drunk he is?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Because it isn't supposed to be mixed with alcohol and he wouldn't realize how drunk he is?
Fair point. I think some others just aren't fully aware of Adderall and it's affects since I've seen it singled out separately from the alcohol a couple times in this thread

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What does this have to do with anything???? Do you think Andy Reid wanted his kid to go out and do this??? Not wanting the Chiefs to win now because of this is pretty strange.
Dude, you're being harsher than I was. I just said that now I don't care. I wasn't that gung ho about who won to begin with. I never said I went from favoring them to wanting them to lose. Just said that now I don't care the little I may have before.

Also, if I wanted to argue about Andy, do you think that perhaps the nepotism may be enabling. I haven't wished anyone but the idiot driving any ill will so take a step back and have another drink.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Perhaps Coach Reid should retire and work on helping his family full time...seems to need it.

His son is a full grown adult. Common knowledge should tell you that parents can't magically change kids, yet alone adults. Further more, while I certainly don't condone drunk driving....it's not exactly very uncommon and I've never seen a realistic scenario that a father retire "to help his family full time" to prevent his adult son from drinking and driving. That's an absurd suggestion.

It's funny because some people are saying maybe Andy should have been there more when his kids were younger. All the while, failing to ignore that some parents are always there and accesible, but the kids still grow up making mistakes and not leading perfect existencies. Being around doesn't ensure anything. And assuming Andy didn't spend enough time with his kids, is also short sighted. Maybe he was a bad parent. Maybe the mom let the kids get away with murder. Maybe they were perfect parents and the kids just grew into who they grew into. Who the fuck knows? Apparently, a bunch of people on the internet are able to dissect and conclude not only the problems in strangers lives, but also the solutions. Typical nonsense that we see nowadays, where a singular tweet, sound byte, or headline, somehow tells the whole story, and imperfect people riddled with their own mistakes, are able to discern the limited information and insight, into not only the cause of the problems, but also the solutions. Fucking fascinating.

Bust

Liked Posts:
His son is a full grown adult. Common knowledge should tell you that parents can't magically change kids, yet alone adults.

When you are raised with a silver spoon in your mouth spoiled rotten shit happens. It's why you see a lot of celebrity kids die at an early age or grow up shit faced.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
When you are raised with a silver spoon in your mouth spoiled rotten shit happens. It's why you see a lot of celebrity kids die at an early age or grow up shit faced.

I don't disagree. That's a common theme that you see. But at the other end of the spectrum, when you are raised with nothing and don't even have a wooden spoon to use, shit happens as well...and I'm pretty sure none of us know the Reid family personally, so none of us are equipped to comment on what the fucking problem was. Now, IF he was indeed drunk driving and injured anyone, yet alone kids, then yes, he needs to be held accountable just like any of us would be. But the fucking commentary about the parenting like it's personal knowledge is what infuriates me about society nowadays. Everyone thinks they fucking know everything and have all the blanks filled, because they have the internet and read an article, headline, or listened to a sound byte. It's juvenile.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
You are cherry picking. Your own article also says the following.

Andy Reid and his wife, Tammy, were in court but declined to comment. The judge said the parents clearly loved and supported their children and had tried many times over the years to get them help.

It was a drug emporium because of the the sons. It was a family in crisis because both kids were addicts. None of that appears to be due to Andy Reid as the judge also made it clear he loved, supported and tried to get them help many times. They are simply fuck ups. You know nothing of the situation and based on reading one article and cherry picking a line or two feel you know that Andy Reid was a bad father despite all evidence to the contrary.

Still doesn’t say he was “home”. You’re completely missing my first post.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
You are cherry picking. Your own article also says the following.

Andy Reid and his wife, Tammy, were in court but declined to comment. The judge said the parents clearly loved and supported their children and had tried many times over the years to get them help.

It was a drug emporium because of the the sons. It was a family in crisis because both kids were addicts. None of that appears to be due to Andy Reid as the judge also made it clear he loved, supported and tried to get them help many times. They are simply fuck ups. You know nothing of the situation and based on reading one article and cherry picking a line or two feel you know that Andy Reid was a bad father despite all evidence to the contrary.

“despite ALL evidence to the contrary” All??

Cherry picking?? I still say he wasn’t “home” much when these kids were growing up. Evidence disputes your statement..

Before sentencing Garrett and Britt each to prison for up to 23 months, Judge Steven O’Neill described the Reids’ household as “more or less like a drug emporium.” He also questioned Andy and Tammy’s supervision, and challenged them to be accountable for what goes on under their roof.

There isn’t a structure that this court can depend on,” O’Neill said at the time.

O'Neill noted that searches of the Reid home found illegal and prescription drugs throughout the house. He said both boys had been overmedicated throughout much of their lives

It’s not just 1 article stating these facts. Also it’s not “cherry picking” when it’s the sentencing Judges statements after pretrial suppression’s and PSI investigations.

The house was littered with drugs and these kids had silver spoons to obviously do wherever they wanted. It’s tough to fuck up 2 kids with good parenting! It’s time society started holding parents accountable. Fucking cupcakes!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“despite ALL evidence to the contrary” All??

Cherry picking?? I still say he wasn’t “home” much when these kids were growing up. Evidence disputes your statement..

Before sentencing Garrett and Britt each to prison for up to 23 months, Judge Steven O’Neill described the Reids’ household as “more or less like a drug emporium.” He also questioned Andy and Tammy’s supervision, and challenged them to be accountable for what goes on under their roof.

There isn’t a structure that this court can depend on,” O’Neill said at the time.

O'Neill noted that searches of the Reid home found illegal and prescription drugs throughout the house. He said both boys had been overmedicated throughout much of their lives

It’s not just 1 article stating these facts. Also it’s not “cherry picking” when it’s the sentencing Judges statements after pretrial suppression’s and PSI investigations.

The house was littered with drugs and these kids had silver spoons to obviously do wherever they wanted. It’s tough to fuck up 2 kids with good parenting! It’s time society started holding parents accountable. Fucking cupcakes!

I already provided the quotes that show Reid was present in their lives and that they used to travel with the team as kids. What you posted is from when they were adults not children. You are making shit up as you have no clue about their lives growing up.

The home was littered with drugs because the 2 adult sons had them. Do you think if adult children live at home that their parents search their rooms as if they are teenagers?

Your whole narrative makes no sense. Not only was Reid at home with them but they traveled with the team for road games and Andy gave them jobs in Philly and KC when they were old enough. Thus they saw Andy at home and at work constantly. It is cherry picking because you are ignoring those facts.

Last edited:

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I already provided the quotes that show Reid was present in their lives and that they used to travel with the team as kids. What are posted is from when they were adults not children. You are making shit up as you have no clue about their lives growing up.

The home was littered with drugs because they 2 adult sons had them. Do you think if adult chikdren live at home that their parents search their rooms as if they are teenagers?

Sadly, yes this occurs. I have an older brother who has had drug issues and when he has stayed at the parents they would.

But i get what you’re saying completely

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sadly, yes this occurs. I have an older brother who has had drug issues and when he has stayed at the parents they would.

But i get what you’re saying completely

Well that must mean its your parents fault per CS. You probably a druggie too by his logic.

Liked Posts:
His son is a full grown adult. Common knowledge should tell you that parents can't magically change kids, yet alone adults. Further more, while I certainly don't condone drunk driving....it's not exactly very uncommon and I've never seen a realistic scenario that a father retire "to help his family full time" to prevent his adult son from drinking and driving. That's an absurd suggestion.

It's funny because some people are saying maybe Andy should have been there more when his kids were younger. All the while, failing to ignore that some parents are always there and accesible, but the kids still grow up making mistakes and not leading perfect existencies. Being around doesn't ensure anything. And assuming Andy didn't spend enough time with his kids, is also short sighted. Maybe he was a bad parent. Maybe the mom let the kids get away with murder. Maybe they were perfect parents and the kids just grew into who they grew into. Who the fuck knows? Apparently, a bunch of people on the internet are able to dissect and conclude not only the problems in strangers lives, but also the solutions. Typical nonsense that we see nowadays, where a singular tweet, sound byte, or headline, somehow tells the whole story, and imperfect people riddled with their own mistakes, are able to discern the limited information and insight, into not only the cause of the problems, but also the solutions. Fucking fascinating.
I was just stating that as a possible solution, perhaps his sons would have been better kids of their Dad was around more. Obviously that is no guarantee, I realize that.