OT: ANDY RIED's son involved in multi-vehicle crash...UPDATED: Ried formally charged with DWI

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only scenario I could imagine would be if the disabled vehicle was parked on the right side of the ramp, and the Traverse parked on the left side of the ramp forward of the disabled vehicle...This way, the Ram could strike the left side of the Impala, and continue on to strike the right rear of the Traverse...Its just a hunch..I guess we would need to see the officers accident report to know for sure

Another drunk driving defender. Not surprised.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It’s never been easier to not drive drunk smh. Couple clicks on your phone ?

The NFL has always had a taxi service for players/coaches etc. available at all times. The fact any of these guys drive drunk is inexcusable and always has been. Not that it's an excuse for anyone else either.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Looks like Britt already did some jail time for drugs.

Sounds like Reid spent too much time away from home when these kids were growing up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2 questions need clarifying.

1. How much alcohol did he consume ie was it really just a couple of drinks or was he over the legal limit?

2. Where exactly was the car he hit situated and what was the lighting situation. Stalling at the entrance ramp to an interstate at night is a pretty dangerous spot to be in if you aren't on the shoulder.

If he was drunk then 2 becomes a bit moot and he is fucked. If he was below the legal limit then 2 becomes more important as I have seen near misses in similar situations in broad daylight much less at night having lived in KC for almost 5 years.
Obviously don't know but you would think that the helper vehicle had lights and was running in 20* weather, especially with kids in the car. If he smelled of alcohol... 1st thing a drunk says in that situation is "I had 2 or 3 drinks" to try and change the narrative. It's in the 'cops' playbook.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Sounds like Reid spent too much time away from home when these kids were growing up.

Garrett said, “I did get a thrill out of it. That was also part of the whole new world that opened up to me when I smoked that first joint.”

He added, “I liked being the rich kid in that area and having my own high-status life. I could go anywhere in the ‘hood. They all knew who I was. I enjoyed it. I liked being a drug dealer.”

Sounds like his kids are just fuck ups. They were afforded just about every opportunity life can give a kid. They simply pissed it all away. Also Reid was in fact around when they were growing up.

According to The New York Times, Garrett and his brother, Britt, grew up playing football at Harriton High in Rosemont, Pennsylvania, and Reid would often watch their games from inside of his car, so as to avoid drawing too much attention. Garrett and Britt would also sometimes go with their father on scouting trips, and serve as ball boys during training camps. During their childhood, Reid was not yet a head coach, but an assistant coach at six different places.

The New York Times reports that Reid always prioritized spending time with his children when they were young, and that sometimes he would rush home after a predawn film session to make sure he was there to have breakfast with them.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Obviously don't know but you would think that the helper vehicle had lights and was running in 20* weather, especially with kids in the car. If he smelled of alcohol... 1st thing a drunk says in that situation is "I had 2 or 3 drinks" to try and change the narrative. It's in the 'cops' playbook.

Sure I doubt he was sober just saying, still have to wait on the official tox report. And yes, you would hope they have lights on but if the helper vehicle is parked right in front of the stalled vehicle then the stalled vehicle would be blocking the lights especially if there is a curve. It would be more important for the stalled vehicle to have its hazards on since they would not be obscured.

Quite frankly though, they probably should have dropped their kids off or parked well clear of the other vehicle for this very reason. Parking right in front of a stalled vehicle doesn't make a whole lot of sense especially if the stalled vehicle is more in the road than on the shoulder.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure I doubt he was sober just saying, still have to wait on the official tox report. And yes, you would hope they have lights on but if the helper vehicle is parked right in front of the stalled vehicle then the stalled vehicle would be blocking the lights especially if there is a curve. It would be more important for the stalled vehicle to have its hazards on since they would not be obscured.

Quite frankly though, they probably should have dropped their kids off or parked well clear of the other vehicle for this very reason. Parking right in front of a stalled vehicle doesn't make a whole lot of sense especially if the stalled vehicle is more in the road than on the shoulder.
If it's that dark, you see the lights anyway and a Transverse's lights are high enough to show over the impala, especially from the perch if a pickup.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

ehh doesn’t mean Andy was away from home too much. He could of been there daily and the results could end up the same. Some people are born with addictive personalities, etc...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
what was his bac?
Too high when he hit them? Who knows about a couple hours later when they took a sample at the hospital.