Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude.....talk to the OC. Who's he had b4 Graham ( can he take "the top off the "D"?)

Can Lockett? Doug Baldwin isn't an off the top guy but he's not slow and very underrated. Really good WR.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, I didn't say he wasn't.. and that means?

Lots of players are great for singles seasons or parts of their careers but shit every time else. Lots of athletes do it in all ranges.

Formulate an actual argument if you want to be so whiny about it. WHy was he good that year, what was he doing he wasn't doing elsewhere, what approaches were had against him? You can actually decipher pretty clearly a lot of things easily like that.

Are there really lots of guys who are record setting good for an entire year? At least with Griffin, the reasons are clear, he was hurt and they changed the offense. Griffith Is a great example of the short term mentality of the NFL. They ran out a 23 year old rookie on a bad knee against the Seattle Seahawks in the playoffs and he has never been the same. The wise thing would have been to shut him down and get a full rehab.

Griffin set rookie records for touchdown-to-interception ratio (20-5), passer rating (102.4) and rushing yards by a QB (815). He completed 65.6 percent of his throws, second only to Ben Roethlisberger’s 2004 rookie mark (66.4).Only one other quarterback in NFL history — Randall Cunningham in 1990 — threw for at least 3,200 yards and rushed for more than 800 yards in the same season
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rg3-wins-pfw-pfwa-rookie-164936968--nfl.html

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know you have to be of at least normal intelligence to have graduated from college so I'll try to explain it to you. I said that Luck would be loved less if he were black. I am obviously talking about how his poor performance has not seemed to change the narrative of his impending greatness. He did well in prior years, now he is not doing well, where are the stories of him being a figured out running QB?

Griffin wasn't figured out, he was physically diminished by injury and lost Mike and Kyle Shanahan, the coaches that built the offense for him. He had a better rookie passer rating than anything that Luck has achieved. Griffin's reads were simple but he was also super accurate and a threat to run, he too elevated a bad team into the playoffs his first year, then he tore his knee up and he is not same player.

Remember how long it took Carson Palmer to get back. Was he also figured out when he was bad? Was Warner figured out in NY? NFL writers love to write guys off and most fans absorb it with no critical thought. You could make an all star team of the guys the media has declared done. I'll keep my own council.

Stupid to bring race into this. We're beyond the Warren Moon era. Loved his game. Cunningham won me the pot in fantasy in the only year I played.:yep: Different player types with game. Not stereotypes. Key is that they could both play. Kaep is going to be around for a while but I doubt he's ever going to be the foundation of an O again. Wilson will be a perennial starter and could still improve from the pocket but that's the key in the NFL, throwing from the pocket and sliding in it looking to throw. Being able to run is always an asset but short lived as a design.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are there really lots of guys who are record setting good for an entire year? At least with Griffin, the reasons are clear, he was hurt and they changed the offense. Griffith Is a great example of the short term mentality of the NFL. They ran out a 23 year old rookie on a bad knee against the Seattle Seahawks in the playoffs and he has never been the same. The wise thing would have been to shut him down and get a full rehab.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rg3-wins-pfw-pfwa-rookie-164936968--nfl.html

League caught up to the option. His brain wasn't in his knee. QBs get knee injuries. See above. Pocket passer that can use the entire field is his best friend for an extended career. Changing the O to a NFL style was his downfall and you can't expect any of these guys to run an option for an extended career. It's short sighted.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stupid to bring race into this. We're beyond the Warren Moon era. Loved his game. Cunningham won me the pot in fantasy in the only year I played.:yep: Different player types with game. Not stereotypes. Key is that they could both play. Kaep is going to be around for a while but I doubt he's ever going to be the foundation of an O again. Wilson will be a perennial starter and could still improve from the pocket but that's the key in the NFL, throwing from the pocket and sliding in it looking to throw. Being able to run is always an asset but short lived as a design.

People can keep trying to ignore the fart in the room but I don't see any reason to do so. The fact that Luck is a big strapping white man is part of his appeal. That is a simple fact.

EDIT: Did you know luck is leading the league in INTs despite missing two games and is the 32nd rated passer in the league? He has been worse than Kap this year and hasn't played the quality of defense either.

It works the other way at times too. Danny Woodhead had to overcome not looking like an NFL running back. The guy ran for a million yards in college, won freaking track meets in the offseason and then tested off the charts and still didn't get a combine invite.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That you would bring up Luck as an example when he's that injured and still trying to help his team, smacks of bias. The change in OC may have something to do with lack of adjusting to his current limitations. He's currently a bit overrated by many but he's the best QB to come out in quite a while and also still young. Cam before him but I'd rather have a healthy Luck. I think Wilson is getting heat because of the God shit and demands for top pay, not his complexion. What I liked about Wilson over guys like RG3 is that he can pass from the pocket, he's just not elite at it but he's young, and can still get better. Some see that and that he's being paid elite money and become critical. It's like with Jay, if he didn't get that deal, many would be less critical. In few years, Wilson will probably get better at it, his salary will look more reasonable, people will forget the delusional stuff and he'll be a darling again.

That said, on a more universal perspective, I'm well aware racism is still here and not one sided though non whites generally get the short end of the stick. Unfortunately you appear to be, lets say, too aware of it.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
People can keep trying to ignore the fart in the room but I don't see any reason to do so. The fact that Luck is a big strapping white man is part of his appeal. That is a simple fact.

It works the other way at times too. Danny Woodhead had to overcome not looking like an NFL running back. The guy ran for a million yards in college, won freaking track meets in the offseason and then tested off the charts and still didn't get a combine invite.

The NFL is about performance, not skin color... Anybody who says otherwise either has a hidden agenda or is so blinded by their own racism that they can't see the truth.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
League caught up to the option. His brain wasn't in his knee. QBs get knee injuries. See above. Pocket passer that can use the entire field is his best friend for an extended career. Changing the O to a NFL style was his downfall and you can't expect any of these guys to run an option for an extended career. It's short sighted.

Is that really true? How does the league catch up to a play that is a fundamental part of football? That is like saying the league caught up to the forward pass.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL is about performance, not skin color... Anybody who says otherwise either has a hidden agenda or is so blinded by their own racism that they can't see the truth.

If that is what you took away from what I typed, you are not very thoughtful.

EDIT: Racism, look it up and stop misusing it. Being aware of bias is not racist. Because I realize that women are often disrespected makes me a sexist? Grow up.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is that really true? How does the league catch up to a play that is a fundamental part of football? That is like saying the league caught up to the forward pass.

Cover 1/2 the field and kill the QB on every play. It doesn't mean it can't be part of an O but it can't be the mainstay. Nice for kids from college to get an O started for a year but it can't be your base for extended periods if you want to keep your QB viable. IMO, of course. Lots of Wilson runs are broken plays and that's great but they run the option less than many think. Seattle probably runs it below 20% of the time.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that is what you took away from what I typed, you are not very thoughtful.

EDIT: Racism, look it up and stop misusing it. Being aware of bias is not racist. Because I realize that women are often disrespected makes me a sexist? Grow up.

Lol... And that's the point. There is no bias... Owners, coaches, scouts, players are all motivated by the same thing.... MONEY (and a competitive drive to be the best).

And how do they get more money and satisfy that desire to be the best? By winning FB games. Do you honestly believe that any decision makers (owners, management, or coaches) give a shit about anything other than winning? Or that they would allow bias to impact their decisions? Sorry man but it ain't happening.

Now if you're talking about media coverage or fans opinions on MBs, then it's a different conversation but as far as personnel decisions about who is drafted or who plays.... GTFO... Race has nothing to do with it.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol... And that's the point. There is no bias... Owners, coaches, scouts, players are all motivated by the same thing.... MONEY (and a competitive drive to be the best).

And how do they get more money and satisfy that desire to be the best? By winning FB games. Do you honestly believe that any decision makers (owners, management, or coaches) give a shit about anything other than winning? Or that they would allow bias to impact their decisions? Sorry man but it ain't happening.

Now if you're talking about media coverage or fans opinions on MBs, then it's a different conversation but as far as personnel decisions about who is drafted or who plays.... GTFO... Race has nothing to do with it.

I was initially talking directly about media coverage and fan talk and said so.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was initially talking directly about media coverage and fan talk and said so.

Oh... My bad then. Yes, in general, media and fans (normal people) are dumb fucks.

EDIT: I thought you were saying Luck is getting more opportunities to stay on the field b/c he was white.

And to be fair players, coaches, and owners are payed very well for having to deal with the nonsense that occurs off the field.

Last edited:

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh... My bad then. Yes, in general, media and fans (normal people) are dumb fucks.

EDIT: I thought you were saying Luck is getting more opportunities to stay on the field b/c he was white.

And to be fair players, coaches, and owners are payed very well for having to deal with the nonsense that occurs off the field.

You know how these threads ramble. It would be ridiculous to bench Luck unless it's for his health.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cousins isn't turning that team around. Jay Gruden is b.s. HC for calling out players to the media. no class. Many Qb's have proven ya don't have to operate solely in da packet to be successful. Hell they can't pass block in DC anyway.
Exactly, he cant even beat out Kirk Cousins. If Jay Gruden thoght he could win more games with RGIII, he would be playing. He just isn't that good.

I know you have to be of at least normal intelligence to have graduated from college so I'll try to explain it to you. I said that Luck would be loved less if he were black. I am obviously talking about how his poor performance has not seemed to change the narrative of his impending greatness. He did well in prior years, now he is not doing well, where are the stories of him being a figured out running QB?
He has posted 3 years of 33-15 play and you think he should be railed for below average play while injured over a 6 game stretch. If what you are suggesting happened, and he was black, you would be calling for Jesse Jackson to hold a presser assailing the NFL and media.

Griffin wasn't figured out, he was physically diminished by injury and lost Mike and Kyle Shanahan, the coaches that built the offense for him. He had a better rookie passer rating than anything that Luck has achieved. Griffin's reads were simple but he was also super accurate and a threat to run, he too elevated a bad team into the playoffs his first year, then he tore his knee up and he is not same player.

Remember how long it took Carson Palmer to get back. Was he also figured out when he was bad? Was Warner figured out in NY? NFL writers love to write guys off and most fans absorb it with no critical thought. You could make an all star team of the guys the media has declared done. I'll keep my own council.
He also pissed and moaned about coaches and criticized his offensive line. His physical skills are not enough to make up for his pathetic leadership and inability to run a deep playbook.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh and just to prove how full of shit you are:

Google is easy.

Reading is easy too. Read those articles you linked. One of the top 4 is from 2013. None of the ones on the first page are at all harsh on him, no talk of being figured out or overmatched etc.

Next time you want to play gotcha, read the evidence.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, anyone remember when the wildcat destroyed teams? :yep:

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, anyone remember when the wildcat destroyed teams? :yep:

That lasted less than a season because that is how fast defenses adjusted. Kap ran through the league for two plus years because he isn't a gimmick.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That lasted less than a season because that is how fast defenses adjusted. Kap ran through the league for two plus years because he isn't a gimmick.

Kaep is a gimmick. He can not stand in the pocket and successfully play football. That is a gimmick. I don't hate Kaep but I watched him a ton last year when I had him on my fantasy team. He was just awful at throwing the football and seeing reads. I am not saying he cant be successful again because he is a world class athlete but it has to be the right system that hides those problems. Thats why I think him and the Eagles are a match made in heaven. Kaep isn't RGIII and petrified to step into throws and run. He just needs the right system but he still wouldn't be a championship caliber QB.

When I say championship caliber QB, I mean one that can put you on his back. Any NFL QB could win a championship with the right team.