Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Reading is easy too. Read those articles you linked. One of the top 4 is from 2013. None of the ones on the first page are at all harsh on him, no talk of being figured out or overmatched etc.

Next time you want to play gotcha, read the evidence.

Andrew Luck is the Most Overrated Player in the NFL

Doyel: Andrew Luck is making a bad team worse

Yeah a guy that for three years has lead his team to 11-5 records, plays below average while injured for 6 total games and those headlines aren't harsh.

He was shockingly good. People have the memory of a goldfish.

Claims the guy that wants to ignore 48 games of production for the first six while playing injured this season.

Seems reasonable.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Andrew Luck is the Most Overrated Player in the NFL

Doyel: Andrew Luck is making a bad team worse

Yeah a guy that for three years has lead his team to 11-5 records, plays below average while injured for 6 total games and those headlines aren't harsh.

Claims the guy that wants to ignore 48 games of production for the first six while playing injured this season.

Seems reasonable.

So you still didn't read them did you?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kaep is a gimmick. He can not stand in the pocket and successfully play football. That is a gimmick. I don't hate Kaep but I watched him a ton last year when I had him on my fantasy team. He was just awful at throwing the football and seeing reads. I am not saying he cant be successful again because he is a world class athlete but it has to be the right system that hides those problems. Thats why I think him and the Eagles are a match made in heaven. Kaep isn't RGIII and petrified to step into throws and run. He just needs the right system but he still wouldn't be a championship caliber QB.

When I say championship caliber QB, I mean one that can put you on his back. Any NFL QB could win a championship with the right team.
Ok, who is the back putting on QB? Every team that I've seen hoist the trophy has had good defensive play.Rodgers is the best in my mind but has been sent to vacation year after year by lesser QBs.

Tom Brady may be the GOAT but doesn't win when the defense hits a lull.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So you still didn't read them did you?
No, I've read them. That you call them not harsh to Luck is comical.

I honestly think you try and convince yourself that you are being fair and balanced. Your entire thought process that blames everyone but RGIII for RGIII, and in the next breath believes a guy that has lead a team, that was 2-14 before his arrival, to 3 consecutive playoffs and a 33-15 record the last 3 years, is being white coddled while being called the most overrated player in the NFL, is so blatantly racially bias its laughable.

I'm out.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I've read them. That you call them not harsh to Luck is comical.

I honestly think you try and convince yourself that you are being fair and balanced. Your entire thought process that blames everyone but RGIII for RGIII, and in the next breath believes a guy that has lead a team, that was 2-14 before his arrival, to 3 consecutive playoffs and a 33-15 record the last 3 years, is being white coddled while being called the most overrated player in the NFL, is so blatantly racially bias its laughable.

I'm out.
Straw man attack as usual. Good lord man, you are just making stuff up. I never absolved Griffin for his many personal failings. I have a lot of problems with him, from his hairstyle to the fact that he doesn't know how to slide, to the fact that he tried to come back too early from injury.

None of my criticism of Griffin makes me forget that he, with all his flaws, set the NFL on fire as a rookie. I end up arguing with the idiots on this board because you love to rewrite history and ignore anything that doesn't fit your argument.

I said Luck would be discussed differently if he were black. I didn't say he isn't good. You added that all from your own imagination.
I'm on a phone so I'm not going to cut and paste from the articles in your link but find me a person that calls for him to lose his job, be traded or any of the stuff you constantly get about Kap.

Edit: The first one you highlighted was written in December 2013, just admit you didn't read the articles. That article has nothing to do with what Luck is doing right now.

Last edited:

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't know why any of you are bothering, don't you remember when JDB was all up Josh Freeman's ass? How'd that turn out again? Who the fuck are the Brooklyn Bolts of the Fall Experimental Football League?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Stupid to bring race into this. We're beyond the Warren Moon era. Loved his game. Cunningham won me the pot in fantasy in the only year I played.:yep: Different player types with game. Not stereotypes. Key is that they could both play. Kaep is going to be around for a while but I doubt he's ever going to be the foundation of an O again. Wilson will be a perennial starter and could still improve from the pocket but that's the key in the NFL, throwing from the pocket and sliding in it looking to throw. Being able to run is always an asset but short lived as a design.

I don't like designed runs. However, if a Qb can buy his wr's time to get open, then that's a huge plus as a Qb. IMO.....that's what a complete Qb should be able to do.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It works the other way at times too. Danny Woodhead had to overcome not looking like an NFL running back. The guy ran for a million yards in college, won freaking track meets in the offseason and then tested off the charts and still didn't get a combine invite .

Now that was total racism. One of these day's ....I'm gonna link a article about how whites are discouraged from playing the HB & CB positions ( starting early)

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know why any of you are bothering, don't you remember when JDB was all up Josh Freeman's ass? How'd that turn out again? Who the fuck are the Brooklyn Bolts of the Fall Experimental Football League?

Please find that and quote me.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that was total racism. One of these day's ....I'm gonna link a article about how whites are discouraged from playing the HB & CB positions ( starting early)

Be careful, I've stumbled upon a crazy,openly racist site dedicated to white football players. It was wacky on those boards, makes this place look like a MENSA gathering.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just jumping in here.... but I think people are over exaggerating how much Luck's injuries have affected him this year. He injured his shoulder/ribs in late in the game against the Titans. He sucked in week 1 and 2 and early in the game against the Titans. He missed the 4th and 5th game. He came back in the 6th game against the Patriots and played very well. Then he stunk it up against NOLA, and was deemed "fully healthy" by the time he played against the Panthers, where he sucked again.

So he played a total of 1, maybe 2 games where he was still hurting, and those were oddly enough his two best games this year.

It seems like people can't accept the fact that he just isn't playing well. People are even resorting to blaming the team around him. He has nearly the same team around him that he had last year. They also upgraded at RB. Their leading rusher last year was Trent fuckin Richardson, and this year they've upgraded with Frank Gore, and he's actually been decent. Yes, his O-line sucks. But a lot of great QB's have still played well with a shitty O-line.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The NFL is about performance, not skin color... Anybody who says otherwise either has a hidden agenda or is so blinded by their own racism that they can't see the truth.

oh sure, that's why we have such a balance ( with skin-color) with those who hold "decision making positions" in the NFL i.e. Qb's, (centers & MLB's to a smaller extent) HC, OC's, GM's. (Walter Payton and a group were once blocked from owning a team....not sure why)

Oh sure that's why we have to have a " Rooney Rule" cuz........ "The NFL is about performance, not skin color" whatever u say.

With all this said......I pray for the day when we don't have to have these discussions about the NFL

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't like designed runs. However, if a Qb can buy his wr's time to get open, then that's a huge plus as a Qb. IMO.....that's what a complete Qb should be able to do.

Would you trade Wilson's 3 year run for Luck's as a fan? I know I would, I would like a Super Bowl championship in my adult life,if Wilson retired right now he is a Seahawk legend.

He runs a ton and has ran his way to two Super Bowls. Those called runs manipulate defenses and are a big part of the offensive success.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Exactly, he cant even beat out Kirk Cousins. If Jay Gruden thoght he could win more games with RGIII, he would be playing. He just isn't that good.

He has posted 3 years of 33-15 play and you think he should be railed for below average play while injured over a 6 game stretch. If what you are suggesting happened, and he was black, you would be calling for Jesse Jackson to hold a presser assailing the NFL and media.

He also pissed and moaned about coaches and criticized his offensive line. His physical skills are not enough to make up for his pathetic leadership and inability to run a deep playbook.

If Jay Gruden thoght he could win more games with RGIII, he would be playing. He just isn't that good.

yep....that's why Gruden let this happen to him.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-Lions&usg=AFQjCNH81yjn1LWbHPCfzFOLrPeqix-9HQ

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post

Would you trade Wilson's 3 year run for Luck's as a fan? I know I would, I would like a Super Bowl championship in my adult life,if Wilson retired right now he is a Seahawk legend.

He runs a ton and has ran his way to two Super Bowls. Those called runs manipulate defenses and are a big part of the offensive success.

Would you trade Wilson's 3 year run for Luck's as a fan?

I like Luck, but I think Wilson is smarter at protecting the FB. Let me say this ( I've said it many times even back at the old CBMB).....I wanted us to draft Wilson outta Wisconsin. Many told me "he wasn't a NFL QB.", LOL.....right.

Yes RW would be 'hawk legend

On designed runs, I just fear a Qb stands a good chance of injury. He becomes such a open target ( If I were a DC, I'd tell 'em to make him pay. Don't think it doesn't happen). I also HATE the spread ops......here a "D" player can crack da Qb even if he doesn't have da ball.

However, when a Qb 1) uses his mobility to buy time for his wr's, that's great. 2)When a Qb goes thru he's reads then takes off and either slides or runs outta bounds I;m good eith it. I just think these are the best ways to manipulate a "D" without getting the qb "killed" ( see RG3...sad)

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Please find that and quote me.

Exactly. Freeman was better some years, a ton in 2010, and a bit in 2012. He is younger and healthier. If Trestman is truly a QB fixer, then I want this kid now. People have been living off Cutler's one year in Denver but want to discount Freeman's success. It would be much better cap wise to get him on the cheap and let Cutler explore or walk.

Rex has never been as good as Freeman in the NFL, except for that September of 05.

Take a look at those stats and you will see why it isn't a clear cut choice as to which is better between Cutler and Freeman.

Homer: "Freeman sucks. His accuracy is horrible and unfixable."

You: "How do you explain his past success?"

On MN signing Freeman: "MN has been missing a QB who can take advantage of deep PA game. Now they got one, I don't like this in division. If this guy is just ok, we have 4 playoff caliber teams in division."

It should be obvious, even to you, that when you agree with Run and Shitt and Cobb on a QB you might as well accept defeat and bail.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh sure, that's why we have such a balance ( with skin-color) with those who hold "decision making positions" in the NFL i.e. Qb's, (centers & MLB's to a smaller extent) HC, OC's, GM's. (Walter Payton and a group were once blocked from owning a team....not sure why)

Oh sure that's why we have to have a " Rooney Rule" cuz........ "The NFL is about performance, not skin color" whatever u say.

With all this said......I pray for the day when we don't have to have these discussions about the NFL

According to the 2010 census 12.1% of the total population of the US is made up of people who identify as 'Black or African-American'.

There are currently four African-American head coaches: Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers), Jim Caldwell (Detroit Lions), Lovie Smith (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) and Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals). African-American coaches comprise 13% of all coaching positions in the NFL.

The number of African-American General Managers increased to 7 from 6 in 2013.The following teams have African-American General Managers: Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants and Houston Texans. African-American General Managers comprise 24% of all General Manager positions in the NFL.

African-American players currently comprise 67.3% of the league’s players.

Seems to me that HC's and GM's are fairly represented per the national demographics... Maybe it's time that the NFL starts a rule to help Non African-American's become players in the NFL. There is a clearly a racial bias that favors African-American players over others. <- See how stupid that looks?

I'll say it again... NFL is about performance. Anyone who disagrees IMO is either ignorant or has a hidden agenda.

EDIT: Also, 19% of starting QB's are African-American.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post

Be careful, I've stumbled upon a crazy,openly racist site dedicated to white football players. It was wacky on those boards, makes this place look like a MENSA gathering.

LOL...I think I know the 1 ur talking about. But I've seen some very questionable practices when it come to white Hb's & Cb's. It's something we might wanna explore in another thread. I mean don't tell me there aren't any white guys good enuff to be Hb's & Cb's. I really like Toby Gerheart....not sure whats happening with him in Jacksonville

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Are you joking right now? The stuff below is all up somebody's ass in your mind?
Exactly. Freeman was better some years, a ton in 2010, and a bit in 2012. He is younger and healthier. If Trestman is truly a QB fixer, then I want this kid now. People have been living off Cutler's one year in Denver but want to discount Freeman's success. It would be much better cap wise to get him on the cheap and let Cutler explore or walk.

Rex has never been as good as Freeman in the NFL, except for that September of 05.

Take a look at those stats and you will see why it isn't a clear cut choice as to which is better between Cutler and Freeman.

Homer: "Freeman sucks. His accuracy is horrible and unfixable."

You: "How do you explain his past success?"

On MN signing Freeman: "MN has been missing a QB who can take advantage of deep PA game. Now they got one, I don't like this in division. If this guy is just ok, we have 4 playoff caliber teams in division."

It should be obvious, even to you, that when you agree with Run and Shitt and Cobb on a QB you might as well accept defeat and bail.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL...I think I know the 1 ur talking about. But I've seen some very questionable practices when it come to white Hb's & Cb's. It's something we might wanna explore in another thread. I mean don't tell me there aren't any white guys good enuff to be Hb's & Cb's. I really like Toby Gerheart....not sure whats happening with him in Jacksonville

Gerhart has been hurt a lot. I don't think the bias is on purpose, I think people are just too dumb on average to see their own prejudices. It isn't for nothing that Belichick seems to have a monopoly on the short and/or white running back and receivers. Bill is running a football team not an under armour photo shoot.