OT: How is Patrick Mahomes a GOAT

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Can someone explain to me why people call the could have been Bears QB a GOAT?

I get Mahomes has put up some top shelf numbers and all that. Has the second richest sports contract ever. Hes been to the playoffs all four years (started 3), with two trips to the SB, a SB Win, including the SB MVP. Still though, he only has one ring. The real GOAT Brady, has 7. Isnt is a bit premature to crown the man a goat before he even gets two rings? I mean all the Non Goats below have more SB rings than Patrick.

Joe Montana – 4
Terry Bradshaw – 4
Troy Aikman – 3
Eli Manning – 2
Peyton Manning – 2
Ben Roethlisberger – 2
John Elway – 2
Jim Plunkett – 2
Bob Griese – 2
Roger Staubach – 2
Bart Starr – 2

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Because winning championships in the ultimate team sport doesn't define the hardest and most important position in all of sports. Watch what he does with a football. Its that simple.

Also, when people call someone like Mahomes the GOAT, it's more a projection, rather than a definitive statement. At the rate he's going, he's the GOAT. And unlike some other QBs on that list, he's the biggest reason why they compete for SBs.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Because winning championships in the ultimate team sport doesn't define the hardest and most important position in all of sports. Watch what he does with a football. Its that simple.

Also, when people call someone like Mahomes the GOAT, it's more a projection, rather than a definitive statement. At the rate he's going, he's the GOAT. And unlike some other QBs on that list, he's the biggest reason why they compete for SBs.
Tom Brady holds onto the GOAT title until someone else can replicate what he’s done. Mahomes is a great QB, but he’s no where close to Bradys level.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tom Brady holds onto the GOAT title until someone else can replicate what he’s done. Mahomes is a great QB, but he’s no where close to Bradys level.
Brady has more titles than Mahomes has years in the league. Highly unlikely anyone will replicate how many titles Brady has won.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Brady has more titles than Mahomes has years in the league. Highly unlikely anyone will replicate how many titles Brady has won.
I agree and which proves Mahomes isn’t the GOAT at the rate he’s going.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Can someone explain to me why people call the could have been Bears QB a GOAT?

I get Mahomes has put up some top shelf numbers and all that. Has the second richest sports contract ever. Hes been to the playoffs all four years (started 3), with two trips to the SB, a SB Win, including the SB MVP. Still though, he only has one ring. The real GOAT Brady, has 7. Isnt is a bit premature to crown the man a goat before he even gets two rings? I mean all the Non Goats below have more SB rings than Patrick.

Joe Montana – 4
Terry Bradshaw – 4
Troy Aikman – 3
Eli Manning – 2
Peyton Manning – 2
Ben Roethlisberger – 2
John Elway – 2
Jim Plunkett – 2
Bob Griese – 2
Roger Staubach – 2
Bart Starr – 2

Well played Aesopian! You forgot....

Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino
Jim McMahon > Jim Kelly

Montucky

Liked Posts:
A lot can go wrong. Injuries, ineffectiveness and the loss of Pat Mahomes's stellar supporting cast are all almost inevitable. I look at the careers of all the great ones that I've been alive for, there was always some bout with adversity that had to be overcome. That adversity has not really come for Mahomes yet. Once it does and we see how he reacts I'll start indulging these proclamations but realistically the guy has had just three great seasons to his name at a young age. Its not unheard of for guys like that to just fall off once things go a little wrong.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Is this about the Madden cover? Jesus dude he's a young star. Not a star in the making, a legit star. Who cares if they call him a GOAT, he obviously deserves recognition

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A lot can go wrong. Injuries, ineffectiveness and the loss of Pat Mahomes's stellar supporting cast are all almost inevitable. I look at the careers of all the great ones that I've been alive for, there was always some bout with adversity that had to be overcome. That adversity has not really come for Mahomes yet. Once it does and we see how he reacts I'll start indulging these proclamations but realistically the guy has had just three great seasons to his name at a young age. Its not unheard of for guys like that to just fall off once things go a little wrong.
This would hold more weight if he were in the league for 7 years. Three seasons as a starter. Three great seasons. Im a body of work guy and a show it to me repeatedly guy. After seeing for three seasons the degree of difficulty of his passes and the ball placement, there is zero reason to believe that this isn't just who he is and who he will be until proven otherwise.

Sure, injuries happen but is that something we want to factor into when projecting the career of a QB? Just seems like an excuse to not give credit where it's due.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Once you let go of Trubisky and stop defending Pace for the pick, the pain starts to go away. Mahomes was the pick and he blew it. Those that criticize Mahomes are just lifetime Trubisky apologists.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Once you let go of Trubisky and stop defending Pace for the pick, the pain starts to go away. Mahomes was the pick and he blew it. Those that criticize Mahomes are just lifetime Trubisky apologists.
That or the hardcore Brady is GOAT types.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
No QB will ever win more SBs than Brady. Period. However, Mahomes is superior in every facet of his game to Brady, except for his brain. If Mahomes continues to play for Reid, and doesn't get seriously injured, he will eclipse Brady's career stats most likely. He will not win more championships.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not the GOAT right now....objectively

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
No QB will ever win more SBs than Brady. Period. However, Mahomes is superior in every facet of his game to Brady, except for his brain. If Mahomes continues to play for Reid, and doesn't get seriously injured, he will eclipse Brady's career stats most likely. He will not win more championships.

Yep. The expectation for titles will come down for great QBs because Brady's SB wins & appearances could hold for 100 years or more.

Great QBs will be simply be judged on a couple or three SB wins like the Mannings.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Well if you're only going by championships, which is the wrong way to consider someone the best but you do you.
I think championships play a big role in determining the GOAT of any sport. And I’m not only going off of Championships. He’s had unbelievable and consistent individual stats for 20 years.

Can Mahomes be the GOAT, of course he can, but you can’t call him the GOAT based on projections. Let’s see if he can win more championships, be consistent and have a long career.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

This, I would like to add now and days there can be more than one GOAT

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
Combination of accolades 1 x sb 1 x mvp 1 x sb mvp and 5k 50td before age 25

Then factor in the talent on the field

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Sorry but calling Mahomes the greatest of all time right now makes no sense at all