OT-ish (MNF): Vikings - Seahawks

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any of them. They can definitely lose to the Bears and I could see them dropping either the Dolphins or Lions game. I honestly don't feel comfortable picking the Vikings over any of the remaining teams on their schedule. I'd lean to them winning, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to any of those teams.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That Kirk Cousins Contract is a disaster.

He is terrible.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
any of them. They can definitely lose to the Bears and I could see them dropping either the Dolphins or Lions game. I honestly don't feel comfortable picking the Vikings over any of the remaining teams on their schedule. I'd lean to them winning, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to any of those teams.

Fair enough. I 100% think we beat them if our starters are in but if they’re not that’s a loss and I just don’t see them losing to the dolphins at home or the lions though. The lions barely beat the cardinals

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I 100% think we beat them if our starters are in but if they’re not that’s a loss and I just don’t see them losing to the dolphins at home or the lions though. The lions barely beat the cardinals

I hope we get the vikings in the first round of the playoffs. I think now that the team knows they can beat the good teams, the vikings wouldn't stand a chance at soldier field.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not the warriir spirit thing to do?
No, gotta get that monkey of their backs and the sooner the better. Remember what happened last time Bears lost to Packers and helped them sneak into the playoffs? No good can come from that.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It’s not really that bad of odds, however the hardest thing they have to do is beat the Bears in Chicago. For this let’s say they win out...

Redskins 6-7 need to go 3-0 - lol
Panthers 6-7 need to go 3-0 with 2 against the saints
Eagles 6-7 need to go 3-0 with rams up next in LA

Vikings need to go 2-1 (best chance of happening) dolphins, lions, bears.

Bears should end the packers but if they win that one, they are probably winning out to be 8-7-1.

If the Packers beat the Bears next week, they could very well be tied for the 6th seed after next week with two weeks to go. All the other teams fighting for the 6th seed are playing bad. The Giants are even back in it at a game and a half back. I think the Eagles are going to get the 6th seed.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I hope we get the vikings in the first round of the playoffs. I think now that the team knows they can beat the good teams, the vikings wouldn't stand a chance at soldier field.

For sure. I think every NFC team is, wisely, trying to avoid soldier field. I would give us at least a 50% chance against anybody at home in the playoffs.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No, gotta get that monkey of their backs and the sooner the better. Remember what happened last time Bears lost to Packers and helped them sneak into the playoffs? No good can come from that.

The scenario was to lose to the Vikings if the Packers couldn't get in but i do agree beating them outright would be better

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
As far as the Packers go, you actually got what you needed tonight to help eliminate them. Let me explain.

With the Seahawks victory tonight, they only need 1 win out of 3 to clinch a better record than GB. Let's assume for the sake of argument they don't lose ALL of the following: at 49ers, home Chiefs, home Cardinals. 1 win gets them to 9-7 and best Green Bay can do is 8-7-1. That clinches Seattle the 5 seed.

This leaves Minnesota for the 6th seed. To eliminate GB, they have to win 2 out of the final 3 to get to 8-7-1 where they hold the tiebreaker over Green Bay. Basically, they have to win 1 of the next 2. Home to Miami or at Detroit. What about the Bears game you say? The Bears will be resting starters if it came down to Minnesota or Green Bay because mathematically they would already have the division wrapped up and no chance to get a bye. Even if they lose both to the Packers and 49ers, the Vikings are under assumption to lose 1 of the next 2 or the Packers are eliminated anyway. With the magic number 1 right now, that alone clinches the division. So under that scenario, do you honestly think they would A) want to play Trubisky who had a banged up shoulder and Mack who had an injury this year and B) let the Packers into the playoffs where they would immediately play the Bears and assuringly just beat the Bears 2 weeks ago and swept the season series? Fuck no they wouldn't. They would MUCH rather treat week 17 as an exhibition game scaling back the playbook and then play the Vikings again the following week with a different team and stategy.

This is all moot though if the Bears beat Green Bay next week though as they should.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, now that suspicions have been proven right and all know Rodgers is the real HC of that team, doesn't it make you want to hurt him more?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It goes Division record, Conference record, then common opponents.

Division record doesn't come into play for two tied teams from different divisions.

But you're correct that Dallas would win the tie breaker if they win out and we lose one game.

Head to Head - N/A
Conference record - both 9-3
Common opponents - Dallas 4-1, Bears 3-1.

But I am not ready to hand Dallas a win at Indy or at NYG. But it is pretty sad that after all this, they could be seeded higher than us.

If we are seeded 4th, we would likely face Seattle in Chicago, and the winner gets #1. At his point we still don't know who will be #1, so the big difference in 3 and 4 is the first week's opponent. Seattle in Chicago? I can live with that! Almost better than a back to back (and 3rd meeting) with the Vikes.

It will be interesting to see it play out.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I could see the Vikings losing their next two games with the way they are playing. The easiest way to eliminate them is to beat them on Sunday. If they beat the Bears, they will most likely get the 6th seed. I just went through the playoff generator with the Packers winning on Sunday and they came up as the 6th seed mutiple times. Even the Giants came up once or twice.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Miami is horrible on the road. 1-5 record with an average margin of -12.3. Their only win was against the Jets. Their defense is horrible which is good for Cousins. They are 7-6 overall but they have been lucky as fuck in 3 of their home wins. The Patriots game obviously, our game they should have lose and even the Bills game where Allen missed a wide fucking open receiver in the endzone in the closing seconds.

I would be shocked if Minnesota choked that badly to lose that game.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
As far as the Packers go, you actually got what you needed tonight to help eliminate them. Let me explain.

With the Seahawks victory tonight, they only need 1 win out of 3 to clinch a better record than GB. Let's assume for the sake of argument they don't lose ALL of the following: at 49ers, home Chiefs, home Cardinals. 1 win gets them to 9-7 and best Green Bay can do is 8-7-1. That clinches Seattle the 5 seed.

This leaves Minnesota for the 6th seed. To eliminate GB, they have to win 2 out of the final 3 to get to 8-7-1 where they hold the tiebreaker over Green Bay. Basically, they have to win 1 of the next 2. Home to Miami or at Detroit. What about the Bears game you say? The Bears will be resting starters if it came down to Minnesota or Green Bay because mathematically they would already have the division wrapped up and no chance to get a bye. Even if they lose both to the Packers and 49ers, the Vikings are under assumption to lose 1 of the next 2 or the Packers are eliminated anyway. With the magic number 1 right now, that alone clinches the division. So under that scenario, do you honestly think they would A) want to play Trubisky who had a banged up shoulder and Mack who had an injury this year and B) let the Packers into the playoffs where they would immediately play the Bears and assuringly just beat the Bears 2 weeks ago and swept the season series? Fuck no they wouldn't. They would MUCH rather treat week 17 as an exhibition game scaling back the playbook and then play the Vikings again the following week with a different team and stategy.

This is all moot though if the Bears beat Green Bay next week though as they should.

The Bears won't be able to get a bye, but they may not have locked in a seeding, so they may not rest starters.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Well, now that suspicions have been proven right and all know Rodgers is the real HC of that team, doesn't it make you want to hurt him more?

Don’t want him hurt but I want khalil and akiem to make this game a near death experience for him. I’ve always hated that tool.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Question: If it came down to us losing to the Vikings to keep the Packers out of the playoffs but the Vikings got in, would you be okay with that?

Just beat the Packers this weekend and we don't have to worry about that!