OT-ish (MNF): Vikings - Seahawks

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
it's actually possible for the Bears to get the 2nd seed. Bears win out and Saints just need to lose 2/3. They play Carolina twice who want to get in the playoffs, and Pit who needs to win to get in the playoffs.
That is fairly possible. I could see Pitt beating Saints, and Panthers taking one of their two games against Saints, especially in Charlotte. Bears could take 2nd Seed.

I also echo others... Bears will beat Packers in Chi next week, but if they don't win, they'll play the Packers at home in the Wildcard game.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Bears are almost locked in to the 3-seed.

They could fall to 4 if they lose a couple more games and the Cowboys win out.

There are scenarios outlined by others above where they get a first-round bye if they win out and the Saints and Rams lose their games. (Seems unlikely).

So I'm firmly looking at the race for the last Wild Card spot. If I were a betting man, I'd say it's the Vikings, and the Bears end up playing them two weekends in a row---one without their starters, and one with.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
As far as the Packers go, you actually got what you needed tonight to help eliminate them. Let me explain.

With the Seahawks victory tonight, they only need 1 win out of 3 to clinch a better record than GB. Let's assume for the sake of argument they don't lose ALL of the following: at 49ers, home Chiefs, home Cardinals. 1 win gets them to 9-7 and best Green Bay can do is 8-7-1. That clinches Seattle the 5 seed.

This leaves Minnesota for the 6th seed. To eliminate GB, they have to win 2 out of the final 3 to get to 8-7-1 where they hold the tiebreaker over Green Bay. Basically, they have to win 1 of the next 2. Home to Miami or at Detroit. What about the Bears game you say? The Bears will be resting starters if it came down to Minnesota or Green Bay because mathematically they would already have the division wrapped up and no chance to get a bye. Even if they lose both to the Packers and 49ers, the Vikings are under assumption to lose 1 of the next 2 or the Packers are eliminated anyway. With the magic number 1 right now, that alone clinches the division. So under that scenario, do you honestly think they would A) want to play Trubisky who had a banged up shoulder and Mack who had an injury this year and B) let the Packers into the playoffs where they would immediately play the Bears and assuringly just beat the Bears 2 weeks ago and swept the season series? Fuck no they wouldn't. They would MUCH rather treat week 17 as an exhibition game scaling back the playbook and then play the Vikings again the following week with a different team and stategy.

This is all moot though if the Bears beat Green Bay next week though as they should.

But if the Bears lose to the Packers and Vikings they would likely play Seattle in the first round, not Minnesota.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Bears are almost locked in to the 3-seed.

They could fall to 4 if they lose a couple more games and the Cowboys win out.

There are scenarios outlined by others above where they get a first-round bye if they win out and the Saints and Rams lose their games. (Seems unlikely).

So I'm firmly looking at the race for the last Wild Card spot. If I were a betting man, I'd say it's the Vikings, and the Bears end up playing them two weekends in a row---one without their starters, and one with.

All the Cowboys have to do is the tie the Bears and they will get the 3 seed. They have a pretty good chance to win out.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
All the Cowboys have to do is the tie the Bears and they will get the 3 seed. They have a pretty good chance to win out.

That game @ Indy is going to be hard. They're battling for a playoff spot and are red hot right now.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm still in shock the Vikings are playing themselves out of a playoff spot... They were better with Keanum, wtf? They might have to blow it up after next year

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'm still in shock the Vikings are playing themselves out of a playoff spot... They were better with Keanum, wtf? They might have to blow it up after next year

That's how NFL seasons go. Teams aren't typically perennial contenders. Look at how PHI and JAX fell off the map already.

Winning a SB is all about timing and some good luck, unless you are the Patriots.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

The Pat Shurmer effect.

They're still going to make it, I think.

The Panthers are in free fall---they ain't coming back.

The Redskins aren't going to surge these last few games.

The Eagles probably have the best shot at overtaking the Vikings.

It's crazy that even after all this, the Vikings are still likely to make the playoffs.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That game @ Indy is going to be hard. They're battling for a playoff spot and are red hot right now.

Yep, but if they win that one they likely get to 11-5 with TB and NYG.

Kook

Liked Posts:
Minnesota is still the projected 6th seed after tonight, right? They're collapsing along with the Redskins, Panthers, and Eagles. We really need to keep that 3rd seed to play one of these teams instead of Seattle.

If gonna win SB should be willing to play any team. I’m ok with it. Bring it on.

Kook

Liked Posts:
It’s not really that bad of odds, however the hardest thing they have to do is beat the Bears in Chicago. For this let’s say they win out...

Redskins 6-7 need to go 3-0 - lol
Panthers 6-7 need to go 3-0 with 2 against the saints
Eagles 6-7 need to go 3-0 with rams up next in LA

Vikings need to go 2-1 (best chance of happening) dolphins, lions, bears.

Bears should end the packers but if they win that one, they are probably winning out to be 8-7-1.

Call me crazy but Dolphins will take Vikings down. I call the last 2 Giants and Rams games correctly and feed confident on that one. One of those games shit will happen.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The best thing that could happen for the Vikings, short of us tanking completely while they win out, is for us to beat Green Bay. We win and they pretty much are in the playoffs short of completely stepping on their wangs in their last three games. Chicago may not even play many of their starters against Minny if we have locked up the third position by then. I seriously doubt that either LA or NO lose two of three at this point.

Don't count out New York at the end of the year against Dallas either. They may be done but that game is in New York, on December 30th. Dallas is not a great cold weather team and could get stung there at the end of the season. Also remember that they might have their division locked up at that point and may not want to risk injury in that kind of weather.