OT-ish (MNF): Vikings - Seahawks

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Bears won't be able to get a bye, but they may not have locked in a seeding, so they may not rest starters.

It would be between the 3 and 4 seed. They are not going to risk injuries for that advantage. It's still a 1st round home game either way. You know how cautious Nagy is... He would rest a player if they had a knee scratch.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it hard to believe the Packers are still alive. Feeling like something funny going on here. Where's delbjork? Wonder if he's seen the script.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I could see the Vikings losing their next two games with the way they are playing. The easiest way to eliminate them is to beat them on Sunday. If they beat the Bears, they will most likely get the 6th seed. I just went through the playoff generator with the Packers winning on Sunday and they came up as the 6th seed mutiple times. Even the Giants came up once or twice.

It's possible they get the 6th seed (would need Minnesota to choke the next 2). But it's not likely.

It would have been more likely if Seattle had lost tonight. Seattle would then need to be the ones to win 2 out of 3 to get to 9-7. They could easily lose to the Chiefs and the 49ers on the road. The one gimme at home vs the Cardinals wouldn't be enough.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not true if we don't beat the Pack. I believe we will, but if we don't....

The Packers are half game behind three teams, and a full game behind Minnesota.

A bunch of teams need to lose ONE game. Given that all those teams are .500 or worse, that is not a tall order.

Washington won't win again. Carolina has lost 5 in a row and plays New Orleans twice. (I would LOVE for Carolina to win those, but it ain't happening!) Philly can't win out. They suck and they are at the Rams next week.

EDIT - too slow. This is what Rise just said.

Also - taking the tie breaker into account, the Packers would need to go 3-0 and have Minnesota go 1-2. I don't see that happening.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hypothetical situation:

Your team has been bad for the first three quarters of the game. Who would you rather have under center to make the box score look more respectable in garbage time: Kirk Cousins or Matt Stafford?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As far as the Packers go, you actually got what you needed tonight to help eliminate them. Let me explain.

With the Seahawks victory tonight, they only need 1 win out of 3 to clinch a better record than GB. Let's assume for the sake of argument they don't lose ALL of the following: at 49ers, home Chiefs, home Cardinals. 1 win gets them to 9-7 and best Green Bay can do is 8-7-1. That clinches Seattle the 5 seed.

This leaves Minnesota for the 6th seed. To eliminate GB, they have to win 2 out of the final 3 to get to 8-7-1 where they hold the tiebreaker over Green Bay. Basically, they have to win 1 of the next 2. Home to Miami or at Detroit. What about the Bears game you say? The Bears will be resting starters if it came down to Minnesota or Green Bay because mathematically they would already have the division wrapped up and no chance to get a bye. Even if they lose both to the Packers and 49ers, the Vikings are under assumption to lose 1 of the next 2 or the Packers are eliminated anyway. With the magic number 1 right now, that alone clinches the division. So under that scenario, do you honestly think they would A) want to play Trubisky who had a banged up shoulder and Mack who had an injury this year and B) let the Packers into the playoffs where they would immediately play the Bears and assuringly just beat the Bears 2 weeks ago and swept the season series? Fuck no they wouldn't. They would MUCH rather treat week 17 as an exhibition game scaling back the playbook and then play the Vikings again the following week with a different team and stategy.

This is all moot though if the Bears beat Green Bay next week though as they should.

Hypothetical situation:

Your team has been bad for the first three quarters of the game. Who would you rather have under center to make the box score look more respectable in garbage time: Kirk Cousins or Matt Stafford?

Stafford. More yards!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Hypothetical situation:

That's funny.

I say it's a tie.

Tonight's game had 6 points in the first 56 1/2 minutes, and 22 points in the last three 1/2.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
saints have to play Carolina twice and Pittsburgh. those are no easy wins as well. plus saints had difficult time with TB.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I find it hard to believe the Packers are still alive. Feeling like something funny going on here. Where's delbjork? Wonder if he's seen the script.

dude I've been saying this for a month now. no other team with the same record would even be in contention for anything.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don’t want him hurt but I want khalil and akiem to make this game a near death experience for him. I’ve always hated that tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh please with the transparent facade.

you don't want him hurt, just almost dead? ok.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
So are we in the playoffs now or not? I’m
Not understating. Did we clinch or not yet?

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:

11e3eae4fc.jpg

we did it

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't looking FW to having to face either in WC, but damn...

Both SEA and MIN looked like total dogshit tonight. Wasn't even stellar D from what I saw. Both offenses were flat out terrible.

Too bad Bears can't play one of em asap & not 4 weeks later.

Much less worried after that one. Take the North on Sunday!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hypothetical situation:

Stafford is the king of stat padding. Gimme Stafford and he's cheaper

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
11e3eae4fc.jpg

we did it

how the fuck do the Rams lose 2 more games? it's actually possible for the Bears to get the 2nd seed. Bears win out and Saints just need to lose 2/3. They play Carolina twice who want to get in the playoffs, and Pit who needs to win to get in the playoffs.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
how the fuck do the Rams lose 2 more games? it's actually possible for the Bears to get the 2nd seed. Bears win out and Saints just need to lose 2/3. They play Carolina twice who want to get in the playoffs, and Pit who needs to win to get in the playoffs.

anything is possible in Playoff Generator land