OT: It’s time to talk about Penix

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
The move makes a ton of sense if you are an 81 year old owner and your main goal is to not see a bottom 5 team in the next decade. If your goal is to put the most competitive team on the field in the short or long term the path they chose doesnt have consistency with itself. It seems a lot more like a hedge against bottoming out than a strategic move that opens a path to a team capable of a deep playoff run.
Right or wrong, it made sense to them. That whole war room was high-fiving and hugging. At the end, they should have the same mentality as everyone else should have, fuck with others think and say. We are doing we.

With that said, let’s go out there and beat their asses, whoever is under center.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All of the media types are making this out to be way crazier than it has to be. At a quick glance this is a bad move.

Dig deeper and Penix is the best pure thrower in this draft class. Everyone ignored Penix for one reason or another but Maye and Penix were the two best QBs in the draft.

If Caleb Williams' Justin Fields qualities shine through he may never reach the potential expected of him.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The ‘media types’?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
All of the media types are making this out to be way crazier than it has to be. At a quick glance this is a bad move.

Dig deeper and Penix is the best pure thrower in this draft class. Everyone ignored Penix for one reason or another but Maye and Penix were the two best QBs in the draft.

If Caleb Williams' Justin Fields qualities shine through he may never reach the potential expected of him.
Your sentiment about "what a time to be a Bears fan" sure didn't last long.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Your sentiment about "what a time to be a Bears fan" sure didn't last long.
It is a great time to be a Bears fan but Caleb Williams has his flaws and I've been consistent about who my two favorite QBs in this draft were.

Caleb Williams fumbles a lot and holds onto the ball way too long. There's not a lot of throws he made on time and on rhythm. He's not the best pocket passer in the draft and the NFL is still a game that's won from the pocket.

The Chiefs and the Bills have been the most successful teams because their QBs are the best at winning from the pocket.

The offensive line is good enough and the receivers are fantastic so that should be the what gets the most out of Caleb.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@DanielCCSBears If you are going to fart into my thread, can you explain what you mean by ‘media types’ when you are a disgraced blogger and post threads linking to css articles you wrote which should have been… threads? Don’t you like to brag about being fired from Bleacher Report?

Does that not make you a ‘media type’? Educate us

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The offensive line is good enough and the receivers are fantastic so that should be the what gets the most out of Caleb.

Until I see the unit in action I can only say the oline is better. But since we still have the same oline coach that taught them to go different directions and let rushers go untouched to the QB I'll need to see it.

I said it at the time, I said it when we didn't get rid of the coach: These are players who have done this their whole football playing lives. Even if they mess up and double team B they should instantly recognize that nobody went to A and slide over.

BTW, the difference from Fields is Fields had spots on the field he was blind to. Williams seems to see the whole field and knows where people are going to be.
Williams having mobility is a good thing until we know the line can actually block.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I certainly don't disagree but we've seen Bears fans calling for this exact thing even this year with the #1 QB pick.
Get a vet, sit the #1 for a year so he can learn from the vet.
People think they can buy an instant gratification just add water pre-mix.

I don't think Cousins was a good answer and at 35 certainly isn't a long term answer. That's why I say it makes sense and nobody should be shocked.
As far as Penix I don't think you can teach the NFL problems I predict out of him. About all you can do is give him a stellar oline. Maybe they have one or figure Cousins buys them time to get one.
Nobody is calling for the Bears to get a vet so they can sit Williams.

• Harold
Reactions: Myk

TL1961

Liked Posts:

And you wonder why people clown on your posts. 🤡

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is a great time to be a Bears fan but Caleb Williams has his flaws and I've been consistent about who my two favorite QBs in this draft were.

Caleb Williams fumbles a lot and holds onto the ball way too long. There's not a lot of throws he made on time and on rhythm. He's not the best pocket passer in the draft and the NFL is still a game that's won from the pocket.

The Chiefs and the Bills have been the most successful teams because their QBs are the best at winning from the pocket.

Neither Josh Allen or Mahomes were pocket passers coming out of college and are probably the 2 recent QBs drafted that most resemble Williams game out of college as they played hero ball a ton.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Neither Josh Allen or Mahomes were pocket passers coming out of college and are probably the 2 recent QBs drafted that most resemble Williams game out of college as they played hero ball a ton.
Thanks Captain Obvious. The game is still won from the pocket and you have to develop that in order to win. I have faith that's it's going to happen for Williams and the Bears are going to make a deep playoff push in the next two years if not this year. But I'm also going to be fair.

It wasn't even the Caleb Williams pick that did it for me it's the Odunze pick. It's the focus on the QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks Captain Obvious. The game is still won from the pocket and you have to develop that in order to win. I have faith that's it's going to happen for Williams and the Bears are going to make a deep playoff push in the next two years if not this year. But I'm also going to be fair.

It wasn't even the Caleb Williams pick that did it for me it's the Odunze pick. It's the focus on the QB.

It wasnt obvious you understood this because you neglected to mention it in your post.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
@DanielCCSBears trying to get his count up by hijacking threads to "LOL" at his posts