OT lions GM believes in eqaulity and is a man..

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Same happened to Tyreek Hill, everybody loves him now.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I understand why he was not invited to the combine, it's a good p.r. move. I also understand why the Lions GM said what he said, because the guy is still going to be drafted. CBS rankings, these easiest to filter through, say Mixon is a 3rd rounder, which brings me to my question:

Instead of not inviting him to the combine, why not make it a rule that teams can't draft him until the 6th round? That seemingly fucks with his contract and player designation more than not inviting him to the combine.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I find it depressing that the Loins franchise is in better shape then the Bears.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A woman threw about 4 haymakers at me not too long ago, and she was a linebacker type. I grabbed her and tackled her to the ground. Fists of fury are only to be thrown when absolutely necessary. Even if he needed to do it. it's not like the NFL is sending him to jail, they are just saying he can't come to a combine. They'll give someone else a shot and he still has his Pro day. He can also release an honest official statement about the incident for the teams and call it a day.

The thing with Mixon is he is like a choir boy, who has never drunken before. My take on the situation reading between all the lines and lies...was that Mixon lied about his intoxication level that night...but not his drinking history. Mixon has a different experience in life from most of the people judging him...and with one of his first drinking episodes...and being confronted, challenged, and insulted racially in a small ammount of time....he snapped in 3 seconds.

I like him. I think he is actually a sweet young man.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand why he was not invited to the combine, it's a good p.r. move. I also understand why the Lions GM said what he said, because the guy is still going to be drafted. CBS rankings, these easiest to filter through, say Mixon is a 3rd rounder, which brings me to my question:

Instead of not inviting him to the combine, why not make it a rule that teams can't draft him until the 6th round? That seemingly fucks with his contract and player designation more than not inviting him to the combine.

I thought it was a cool thing to do...rather than wait and draft him at highest value...he basically just protected the kids draft stock by getting in his corner and saying he was a vialbe prospect and they will be looking at him and drafting at value. He forced the rest of league to do the same...so hopefully he only falls a round or two more than normal.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I believe he gets drafted. Where will depend on if a team believes he is a young man who made a mistake or if he has a character flaw or the team is Dallas where the GM has 100% backing of the owner and so they can pick up any college player or free agent with character flaws who they think they can get at a huge discount be they under suspicion of domestic violence, drug use, or even murder.

Fixed it

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
A woman threw about 4 haymakers at me not too long ago, and she was a linebacker type. I grabbed her and tackled her to the ground. Fists of fury are only to be thrown when absolutely necessary.
Did your mom suffer any bruises when you tackled her?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
And then when Dallas gets rid of the guy like Jay Ratliff, the Bears can pick him up at a bargain rate, benefit from the player's on field production, and then end up cutting the player after he threatens the lives of everyone in Halas Hall.

Was Ratliff a troublemaker before or when he was in Dallas?

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
i hope the lions don't get him....because i wish the bears get a chance to draft him first

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mixon is considered a 3rd rounder because of the incident. Otherwise, he'd be a 1st round lock. And this happened almost 3 years ago. The only reason people care is because it was on video.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing with Mixon is he is like a choir boy, who has never drunken before. My take on the situation reading between all the lines and lies...was that Mixon lied about his intoxication level that night...but not his drinking history. Mixon has a different experience in life from most of the people judging him...and with one of his first drinking episodes...and being confronted, challenged, and insulted racially in a small ammount of time....he snapped in 3 seconds.

I like him. I think he is actually a sweet young man.

Dude, what are you talking about. He wasn't drunk, she was.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've seen the video. It wasn't self defense in any way. Self defense means it was required in order for the person to protect themselves. This wasn't. He simply chose to deck her. He's a POS, as is anyone defending him.
Exactly as I saw it. Anyone trying to defend the POS after seeing the video is either real stupid or just as much a coward. We already know Aussie thinks women are fair game for men to beat on, so there's that too.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yes. That was why Dallas released him. You apparently have no idea what went on. OK.

According to Slough, Ratliff tore tendons that attached the pelvis to the inside of the leg and from the abdomen to the pelvis.
That was the reason I recall for him being cut from Dallas.

He had an altercation in the locker room with Jones following a game last season in which he had to be restrained by teammates.

Slough said that incident did not play a factor in the Cowboys' decision to cut Ratliff on Wednesday. Last January he had a drunk driving arrest, six weeks after Jerry Brown died in a car accident in which teammate Josh Brent was allegedly driving and a court case is pending.
These were WAY before the season that he was cut so they were not the direct reason why he was cut. He was cut because he was hurt and taking a long time to heal.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
That punch cost him millions of dollars.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All will be forgotten after his first 100-yard game in the NFL. LOL at not inviting him to the combine. What a farce.

If that 100yd game comes against the Bears, I won't forget about it. Lol

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears signed Danny Trevathan to stop the run, tho, so it won't happen.

Trevathan can't stop this...

[video=youtube_share;J4RkOjVMckU]https://youtu.be/J4RkOjVMckU[/video]

AussieBear

Exactly as I saw it. Anyone trying to defend the POS after seeing the video is either real stupid or just as much a coward. We already know Aussie thinks women are fair game for men to beat on, so there's that too.

real women dont hit men..