OT: Lions sign washed, former Bears WR

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ahhh, now let us sprinkle in a bit of Remy revisionist history.

The argument was made when Jenkins was playing OT. And guess what? He sucks as an OT.

And you can stop pretending as if I am the only one with the opinion Jenkins will not see a second contract with the Bears:

Doesnt matter when the argument was made. Jenkins proved better than Jackson at guard.

I never said you are the only one that thinks Jenkins will not see a 2nd contract. I am saying it is irrelevant as to who played better their first 2 years. I am also saying it is a biased position. You are magically deciding that you know Jameson will get a 2nd contract while Jenkins wont all to avoid the fact Jenkins is the better player now.

In addition your claim was about wasting years on rookie contract. It is fact that Jameson has wasted 2 years on his rookie contract. Jenkins has had 2 good years out of 3 on his rookie contract thus far.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A RB in todays NFL taken in the first round is a poor decision.

Gibbs can be a fantastic player, I think he already is, but it doesnt make any logical or financial sense. The upgrade from swift vs. gibbs is minimal compared to the upgrade they could have gotten at WR, DT, CB, etc. You know...positions where the players make a good chunk of the salary cap.

No one pays RB's anymore, and WR's are making 30m+ a year. The last "generational" talent at the RB position was just given away in FA(Barkley). Drafting an RB that high is a dumb move. CCS would have gone apeshit if the bears drafted gibbs in the first round vs an OT.

@nc0gnet0 knows this and is just playing dumb. In a league were the top WR makes 35m and the top RB makes 16 million it is absolutely mental give up 5 years of an elite WR prospect for 5 years of an elite RB prospect unless they are CMC and are essentially a WR playing RB. In that scenario you are getting a top WR in disguise for 16m instead of 35m.

However Gibbs has not shown he is as dynamic a WR as CMC so it was waste unless he does.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
LMAO, The Lions had the 4th best passing offense in the NFL last year, and only trailed the leader by less than 100 yards.
You think losing Josh Reynolds is going to change that?
Give me a break.
And again, just what does that have to do with the shit depth the Lions have at WR in 2024. An injury of any length to St. Brown this season and the Lions are fucked.

Just the facts!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
This ncuck guy is the worst…literally not worth discussing football with…he’s just another CCS schtick….

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesnt matter when the argument was made. Jenkins proved better than Jackson at guard.

I never said you are the only one that thinks Jenkins will not see a 2nd contract. I am saying it is irrelevant as to who played better their first 2 years. I am also saying it is a biased position. You are magically deciding that you know Jameson will get a 2nd contract while Jenkins wont all to avoid the fact Jenkins is the better player now.

In addition your claim was about wasting years on rookie contract. It is fact that Jameson has wasted 2 years on his rookie contract. Jenkins has had 2 good years out of 3 on his rookie contract thus far.
LMAO I never compared Jenkins to Jackson, because at the time, Jenkins was playing tackle at the time, dumbass. So stop trying to spin it like it was an argument you won, when you clearly lost. Jenkins sucked ass at tackle. What was it, a 47 PFF grade his rookie year?

Good God!!

And yes, the fact that the Bears are already waffling on extending Jenkins, is clear proof that as it stands now, Williams has a much better chance at securing a second contract with the team that drafted him than Jenkins. Not sure why logic escapes you on that matter.

And for all intensive purposes, last year was Williams rookie year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And again, just what does that have to do with the shit depth the Lions have at WR in 2024. An injury of any length to St. Brown this season and the Lions are fucked.

Just the facts!

Tim Patrick, Johnathon peoples Jones, Allen Robinson, all players on the practice squad.
Lions will be just fine with their WR depth.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears are too busy drafting bust QB's and trading away picks for players like Claypool. Then they go out and sign a cast off injury prone Lions RB and make him one of the top ten overpays in the league. Spare me the argument.

Then the genius Poles trades away one of the best Linebackers in the league, one in which the Bears used a top ten first round pick on, (who could not get out of Chicago fast enough I might add) for a low second round pick and a bag of stale donuts.

And then, too add insult to injury, they run out and sign Edmunds and make him the third highest paid Lb'er in the league. Guess who is on the NFL top 100 list? Roquan. Guess who is not?

So spare me the argument about how the Lions have handled the RB and LB position, the Bears are the ones that don't seem to have a clue. But I digress, I will just wait until Campbell improves, and you once again look like the clueless babbler that you are.

By the way, didn't you lose a ban bet?
Why are you still posting?
Pretty sure Jordan Love had a much better year than Bustin Justin.

Swift played more games than Gibbs so not that injury prone. He also had virtually the same yards from scrimmage as Gibbs. So it just proves the point. Why spend a valubale 1st on a RB when you can get similar production for 8m a year. By contrast you want comparable production to what a Justin Jefferson gives you as a rookie and you have to pay 30 million or so.

Campbell can't cover. Quan is better than Edmunds overall but Edmunds gets more TOs as he had 4 Ints. It also is not Quan vs Edmunds. It is Quan vs Edmunds/Edwards/Dexter/Sewell as trading Quan got us Dexter and Sewell with the draft picks and we replaced Quan at WILL with Edwards who had pretty much the same grade (80.1 vs 79.6) and because we saved 14m replacing Quan with a similar player we were able to use most of that money to sign Edmunds.

So this is laughable. We are paying Edwards 6m to grade out the same as Quan making 14m. We also got a starting DT and got a coverage MLB who lead all LBs in Ints. Meanwhile Campbell haf a passer rating against of 124 and made eveey QB that targeted play like prime Tom Brady.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LMAO I never compared Jenkins to Jackson, because at the time, Jenkins was playing tackle at the time, dumbass. So stop trying to spin it like it was an argument you won, when you clearly lost. Jenkins sucked ass at tackle. What was it, a 47 PFF grade his rookie year?

Good God!!

And yes, the fact that the Bears are already waffling on extending Jenkins, is clear proof that as it stands now, Williams has a much better chance at securing a second contract with the team that drafted him than Jenkins. Not sure why logic escapes you on that matter.

And for all intensive purposes, last year was Williams rookie year.

Yes you did. When I told you Jenkins could improve his 2nd year like Jackson did you said he could not. The comparison was not their positions but ability to improve.

Jenkins has been the better player than Jackson (gone) and Jameson. He has already lived up to his 2nd round draft status while Jameson has been trash to date. This was never about the future. It was about your statement regarding wasting time on a rookie deal. Jenkins has 2 of 3 years of good PFF grades. Jameson is 0 of 2.

Finally stop with the hypocrisy. When Jenkins was injured you made fun of it and did not claim 2022 was like his rookie year so stop changing your argument because Jameson sucked his first 2 years. I am judging Jameson om the same basis as you judged Jenkins.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lost the picture of myself and A-Rob we took in Scottsdale, AZ that I had as my avatar...Damn.

Ain't gonna sugarcoat shit but dude was real about getting it done in Chicago. Bilal too.

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Tim Patrick, Johnathon peoples Jones, Allen Robinson, all players on the practice squad.
Patrick who can't stay healthy, a washed- up Robinson who is on his 4th team in four years, and Peoples-Jones who could not beat out a UDFA for the Lions last WR spot. Yeah, that is some kind of depth.

Just The Facts!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lollololol. Did someone really type this?