OT: Notre Dame at Florida State

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Im not a fan of either team but that was an amazing game. If im a Notre Dame fan im pissed, yea its a penalty but the WR didnt have to do it because that was gonna be a TD without the pick. And that is why i would be if i were a ND fan. But it took stones to call that at the end of the game. Kinda took away from the ending a little bit but just being a football fan it was awesome to watch. Feel bad for ND fans.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was hoping both teams would lose

Sent from Fisch's Fareway via Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still don't see how that is offensive pass interference. It definitely wasn't a pick play and the defender engaged the receiver right off the line. Looked like a blown defensive assignment to me. Unreal how the refs make that call. Manning gets away with that crap every damn game.
You are exactly right cause that's exactly what I saw. He wasn't wide open cause of a penalty. It was blown coverage as you immediately saw the one defender point the finger at the other.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Was there any seafood stollen? Or rape?

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
You are exactly right cause that's exactly what I saw. He wasn't wide open cause of a penalty. It was blown coverage as you immediately saw the one defender point the finger at the other.
Refs rewarded the Seminoles with a blown assignment. I'm sorry but if defenders are allowed to be physical with receivers within 5 yards the receivers should be allowed to do the same.

Just a horrid call, especially in that situation. And to listen to ESPN say it was a good call is ridiculous.

The second receiver was blocking just as the call was thrown. There were 3 Seminole defenders coveting 2 receivers. Blown assignment.

Also, the defender on the second receiver engaged. It wasn't an obvious block down field by the receiver.

The outside defender should have stayed outside. But he got sucked in and was eaten up on the inside by the receiver. His teammate had inside leverage on that receiver. Two guys covering one player.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Definitely the right call on the OPI on that TD pass. What really sucks from an Irish standpoint is the OPI wasn't even necessary. The two DBs to the outside each read slant and jumped up on the two outside ND WRs. When Robinson ran to the flat, the third Florida State DB had no fucking idea what he was doing, even though it was the same play that the Irish scored on in the first half. Robinson would've been that open without the OPI.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
This is as good of a time as any to admire the co-eds at Florida State University.

fsu-superfan.png

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Also, Delta Gamma at FSU was rated the hottest sorority in the nation. Because nothing goes down faster than an anchor.

DG at FSU:
ccaf1c6903f115b55bbca9e4063e1bc4.png

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Definitely the right call on the OPI on that TD pass. What really sucks from an Irish standpoint is the OPI wasn't even necessary. The two DBs to the outside each read slant and jumped up on the two outside ND WRs. When Robinson ran to the flat, the third Florida State DB had no fucking idea what he was doing, even though it was the same play that the Irish scored on in the first half. Robinson would've been that open without the OPI.
I still don't see it. First defender locked on right away and got pushed back. Had nothing to do with the open receiver.

Second defender (#3) jumped inside and Fuller got him but that was as Golston was throwing it. Fuller's defender put himself in a bad situation and he impeded the route. His assignment was Robinson outside because he had inside help.

The Seminoles got bailed out. They defended that play horribly.

Also, the first defender locked on to #20 right away. What the hell else is the receiver supposed to do? It's not like #20 sought out the block.

I keep watching it over and over. #3 for FSU had Robinson dead to rights if he maintains outside contain. Instead he jumps Fuller's (#7 for ND) route inside and gets blocked.

Bad, bad call. I can't believe that called that. If FSU maintains their assignments they there's a good chance they have all ND's receivers covered.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1.Do those girls have to wear name tags to tell each other apart?
2. Old Crab Legs is a money player.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
So Jimbo told the refs to watch for the 'picks' and ended up getting the call. Awesome. Now, let's get the refs to watch Manning run picks every week and call it.

The refs rewarded bad defense. I'm not even an ND fan and I'm pissed about that call.