OT: Notre Dame at Florida State

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
All I know is that if the Bears lost on a call like that I would be livid. That touchdown was a result of poor defending. It had nothing to do with a 'pick.'

Let the guys play in that situation.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
DG continued

10645134_773181602742173_2434720324268076482_n.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I still don't see it. First defender locked on right away and got pushed back. Had nothing to do with the open receiver.

Second defender (#3) jumped inside and Fuller got him but that was as Golston was throwing it. Fuller's defender put himself in a bad situation and he impeded the route. His assignment was Robinson outside because he had inside help.

The Seminoles got bailed out. They defended that play horribly.

Also, the first defender locked on to #20 right away. What the hell else is the receiver supposed to do? It's not like #20 sought out the block.

I keep watching it over and over. #3 for FSU had Robinson dead to rights if he maintains outside contain. Instead he jumps Fuller's (#7 for ND) route inside and gets blocked.

Bad, bad call. I can't believe that called that. If FSU maintains their assignments they there's a good chance they have all ND's receivers covered.

The receivers never disengaged from their DBs nor did they ever give the impression that that was their intention. If they'd tried to sell it at all, they may have gotten away with it. True that FSU blew the coverage. But ND's receivers committed a penalty on that play, too, and that supersedes the blown coverage.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not quite there, but they are close. I'd love Kelly as a head coach, but I think he'd be nuts to leave ND.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is this the 70s, with the cutoff jeans? I guess it doesn't matter, haha!

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
The receivers never disengaged from their DBs nor did they ever give the impression that that was their intention. If they'd tried to sell it at all, they may have gotten away with it. True that FSU blew the coverage. But ND's receivers committed a penalty on that play, too, and that supersedes the blown coverage.

I would agree with you that they never disengaged, however, that doesn't and shouldn't supersede blown coverage.

Fuller didn't do anything illegal either. His block came right when the ball was thrown and it was after his defender idiotically jumped inside. In fact, his defense also engaged him.

FSU got bailed out for bad defending. Maybe you call that earlier in the game (I'm aware of the first touchdown 'pick' play). But not on the last play. #20 had nothing to do with the play and it was just two guys locked up at the line of scrimmage. Maybe he was blocking, maybe he wasn't.

Let the play go. The only way I throw a flag on that is if the receiver impedes a defenders path to the ball, which didn't happen. Fuller's defender blew his assignment, which resulted in the touchdown.

Fuller's defender also initiated the contact.

OK, so I just saw the first ND today. That IMO is offensive PI, morso than the last play. Receiver was not chucked at the line, sought out the defender and engaged. Impeding the defenders path to the ball.

Completely different than the last play. FSU defenders initiated contact on both receivers and #3 messed up going inside.

Maybe it was a make up call from earlier or maybe Jimbo complaining about the first TD influenced the call. Whatever the case. That is not offensive PI, especially on the last play of the game.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would agree with you that they never disengaged, however, that doesn't and shouldn't supersede blown coverage.

Fuller didn't do anything illegal either. His block came right when the ball was thrown and it was after his defender idiotically jumped inside. In fact, his defense also engaged him.

FSU got bailed out for bad defending. Maybe you call that earlier in the game (I'm aware of the first touchdown 'pick' play). But not on the last play. #20 had nothing to do with the play and it was just two guys locked up at the line of scrimmage. Maybe he was blocking, maybe he wasn't.

Let the play go. The only way I throw a flag on that is if the receiver impedes a defenders path to the ball, which didn't happen. Fuller's defender blew his assignment, which resulted in the touchdown.

Fuller's defender also initiated the contact.

OK, so I just saw the first ND today. That IMO is offensive PI, morso than the last play. Receiver was not chucked at the line, sought out the defender and engaged. Impeding the defenders path to the ball.

Completely different than the last play. FSU defenders initiated contact on both receivers and #3 messed up going inside.

Maybe it was a make up call from earlier or maybe Jimbo complaining about the first TD influenced the call. Whatever the case. That is not offensive PI, especially on the last play of the game.

Crappy calls on both sides. FSU is more explosive, if you had to sum it up in a sentence.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Watch the replay again. #8 is asking for a flag. #3 is telling #8 someone messed up the coverage. Bail out call.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe it was just the bra back then, but it didn't look good. Boobs today are better than ever.

I don't want to get vulgar, but women are women - if you're a guy it doesn't change much if they've had a boob job or not. They are what they've always been and so are we.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hate to say it, but unless that was a screen pass it merits an offensive pass interference call. Prosise blocked his man well into the endzone. And it was totally unnecessary because FSU blew it. Refs have no choice but to call it.