OT: Notre Dame at Florida State

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The unsportsmanlike if called, would have been a deadball, which does not offset the OPI.

The defensive holding on Prosise would have. Oh yeah and Darby stood there like an idiot on a blown coverage. Full ran into him. Darby wasn't even trying to go back a play on the ball.

Yeah all that would have done is give ND 4 more downs from the 8. Clearly not helpful.

el oh el.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The defensive holding on Prosise would have. Oh yeah and Darby stood there like an idiot on a blown coverage. Full ran into him. Darby wasn't even trying to go back a play on the ball.

Yeah all that would have done is give ND 4 more downs from the 8. Clearly not helpful.

el oh el.
Our buddy JJ wasn't arguing about defensive holding, just the USC.

I don't remember saying the First and Goal from the 8 wouldn't have helped.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Our buddy JJ wasn't arguing about defensive holding, just the USC.

I don't remember saying the First and Goal from the 8 wouldn't have helped.

So do you think Prosise committed OPI or was held?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So do you think Prosise committed OPI or was held?
I actually think the OPI was on the other receiver in the second picture you posted last page. He was blocking #5(maybe - hard to tell the number) on FSU, and that goes back to the definition I posted of the offensive player having to avoid contact with the defense. The contact at Prosise at the los I have no problem with. It looks like jersey is grabbed in that second picture.

If that is the guy they called it on, the refs got the number wrong. That being said, as we sit here and post about this we have the benefit of still pictures and different angles. Those guys have one angle and full speed.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually think the OPI was on the other receiver in the second picture you posted last page. He was blocking #5(maybe - hard to tell the number) on FSU, and that goes back to the definition I posted of the offensive player having to avoid contact with the defense. The contact at Prosise at the los I have no problem with. It looks like jersey is grabbed in that second picture.

If that is the guy they called it on, the refs got the number wrong. That being said, as we sit here and post about this we have the benefit of still pictures and different angles. Those guys have one angle and full speed.
On the field call was #7. Play by play listed #20.

The refs fucked a lot on that play.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Let's just put the whole game in slomo, review every play and see how many missed calls there were. Let's do that for every game that is a one score game and I bet any fan could whine about a different outcome.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's just put the whole game in slomo, review every play and see how many missed calls there were. Let's do that for every game that is a one score game and I bet any fan could whine about a different outcome.

That's actually one of my bigger issues with this game in general. The refs swallowed their whistles constantly during the game for both teams. Then on the deciding play decide to show up.