OT - PHI Extends Fletcher Cox, Most Guaranteed $$ In The NFL For A Non-QB

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
What came out of Jefferys mouth is a canned response that toes the company line.

Skipping OTA's, not bonding with team mates, not being in Chicago - in other words, his actions - speak a lot louder than words.

Is what Von Miller said a canned response?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You absolutely would try to make that trade if you thought Mariota could be better than Cutler - who btw they know they have to work with to make successful anyway!

If the Bears/Fix were so confident they could win with Cutler why would they pay the price to go get Mariota? Wouldn't you think a rebuilding team that already had a QB they could win with would not give up a ton of picks for another "unproven" QB?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
That's not the point.

If the Bears/Fix were so confident they could win with Cutler why would they pay the price to go get Mariota? Wouldn't you think a rebuilding team that already had a QB they could win with would not give up a ton of picks for another "unproven" QB?

It makes zero logical sense.

Lol just let it go. NO ONE KNOWS FOR CERTAIN THE BEARS ENTERTAINED THAT IDEA!

You seriously are arguing over the dumbest Shit. 6 is the guy moving forward and the Bears believe they can win with him!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
That's not the point. The point was to show that an unproductive player with a huge contract is not a tradeable asset. Its not like at any point of a trade negotiation were the Titans going to say "Just throw in Jay Cutler, and you have yourself a deal".

Maybe you are right.

Maybe the Bears never even tried to trade Cutler to Tennessee...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Because those that are truly unhappy SAY IT one way or another.

No. Some people say it. Some don't. Some toe the company line. Some don't give a fuck.

You can't use Von Miller as an example of what Jeffery should say because...

Well...

They're two completely fucking different people.

:obama:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No. Some people say it. Some don't. Some to the company line. Some don't give a fuck.

You can't us Von Miller as an example of what Jeffery should say because...

Well...

They're two completely fucking different people.

:obama:

What do your inside sources say?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Again, that makes no sense and is irrelevant. My question to you was about the logic of including Cutler's contract in a draft trade when the Bears are trying to trade UP, not down. At one point you "agreed", but then you continued to ramble on and eventually circled back to your original haze of confusion. Now, what you are saying is that it makes sense for the Titans to accept Cutler as part of the trade because while the Bears like Cutler, they like Mariota more. Hence, the Titans should cede to the Bears' demands.

Makes sense.

I'm done. Get help dude.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
They are trying to say that they are NOT building around Jay. They are building around him if he plays well this year. It's obvious.

And if he doesn't, are you suggesting they are going to scrap everything and start from scratch....the team they are building isn't contingent on Cutler and if he is with the team, that is plain stupid given Cutler's track record of mediocrity. They are building a team where in the scenario that they move on from Cutler the next QB can have as much and potentially have more success than Cutler.

Cutler will be 34 this time next year, i would hope Pace and company are thinking about not only bettering the position but get younger there also. The big reason Cutler is still here is the contract, at the end of the year his contract will be pennies in terms of QB contracts so letting him go will be nothing for the Bears.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Lol it's not because the contract, cut it out.

The team firmly believes they can make a run with 6 under center. How is this even a question anymore

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Lol it's not because the contract, cut it out.

The team firmly believes they can make a run with 6 under center. How is this even a question anymore

Yeah you are right, I don't know where I would get that idea

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/30/8525607/nfl-draft-rumors-trade-jay-cutler-titans-bears

Cutler has been rumored in potential trades all offseason, but few teams seem interested. It's not that he's not capable of being an effective quarterback in the NFL; it's that the Bears signed him to a massive contract extension that they seemed to immediately regret. Taking on that kind of contract seems to be a major sticking point for potentially interested teams.

and expecting a team to trade for the right to pay him that much money is a little foolish at this point

For what it's worth, Paul Kuharsky of ESPN reports that the Bears and Eagles are "two teams pushing hardest" for a deal with Tennessee.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Think last year should've shut up any(somewhat) logical haters. Cutlers a stud, it's the point where if you don't think so you just look foolish. Numbers aside the man works wonders with shit he's dealt with.

What did my main man Doug Buffone say about Jay? " You can't give a Ferrari bald tires and expect it to run well."

Boom.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Think last year should've shut up any(somewhat) logical haters. Cutlers a stud, it's the point where if you don't think so you just look foolish. Numbers aside the man works wonders with shit he's dealt with.

What did my main man Doug Buffone say about Jay? " You can't give a Ferrari bald tires and expect it to run well."

Boom.

1 a.m. after a Friday night.

Kinda low energy and sad, no?