OT - PHI Extends Fletcher Cox, Most Guaranteed $$ In The NFL For A Non-QB

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
It's obvious we are moving forward with Cutler at this point in time. But we did try to get rid of Cutler while obtaining a young QB via the draft in Mariota. Idk why Cutler fanboys are trying to hide that fact.

And another media outlet stated it was Mariotas camp/Titans trying to gauge interest in the pick.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Cutler bounces passes off his own linemen's helmets. Meanwhile, Fales is so great he doesn't even need blocking.

David-Fales-God.gif

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Please explain it to me. Its like you are unable to talk football, yet you are perfectly content at being an asshat.

Do people really think that the #7 overall pick and Jay Cutler was a viable trade package to acquire the Titans' #2 overall pick? You would think it would be the opposite...the Bears would be willing to trade down from #2 to #7 if the #7 team was willing to take Cutler's contract off their hands.

You should have read my take on Cutler and 7 for Mariota. I said it probably 3 times in the last page.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Can't find anything related to that in the last two pages of this thread, even though you managed to post 17 times. Lots of personal attacks and not much else.

Refresh my memory as to why its logical to think that the Titans would move out of the #2 spot AND take on Cutler's contract in exchange for the #7 pick, in light of the recent Bickell trade.

Post 373. I never said it was logical for the Titans to take that trade. Just that it was the main rumor being presented by multiple sources. FirstTimer denied that and was proven wrong by multiple links.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Post 373. I never said it was logical for the Titans to take that trade. Just that it was the main rumor being presented by multiple sources. FirstTimer denied that and was proven wrong by multiple links.

I actually wasn't.

I've already told you why.

But whatever.

Continue to play the victim here.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Do you know what a rumor is? Not once in the article you provided did Cole mention a source within the Bears suggesting that, it sounded more of an article of what Jason Cole thought could happen...from your article that you provided http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...sted-in-marcus-mariota-could-trade-jay-cutler

there are some people in the Bears organization -- and the Bears pick No. 7 overall -- who believe that Mariota might be the answer and that ultimately, trading Cutler may actually work out.

This is the only mention of any insider information and none of it says that just the #7 and Cutler would get it done, but that "trading Cutler may actually workout"

AS FT pointed out later in the article it says this

According to the Draft Value Chart used by many teams around the league, the Bears would have to surrender their entire draft and more to move up from the seventh pick to the second pick, though if Cutler were in the trade, that obviously changes the calculation a bit.

Which again suggests that it would take more than just Cutler and the 7th overall pick to get that deal done. So the Cole article was more him kicking around the idea of Cutler being a part of a trade for the #2 overall pick...which was actually rumored, but not as the main bargaining chip.

In the sports mockery article that was later posted, it again wasn't any rumor but more of a writer kicking around an idea. The tweets referenced in the article only mention the Titans as a potential trade partner, and the benefits the Bears would get from trading Cutler. The article says this:

Recently, Twitter has been talking about the possibility of Chicago offering up Cutler to Tennessee in an effort to exchange draft picks. This is the speculated move: Chicago gives up Jay Cutler and the #7 overall pick in 2015. Tennessee gives up the #2 overall pick in 2015.

It mentions that as a speculated move referencing twitter, but they don't post the tweets suggesting this as the move...again the tweets referenced from Rappaport and Schefter only suggest Tennessee as a possible trade partner and how it makes sense for Chicago. The rest of the article discusses the benefits of that trade on both sides of the deal.

I believe that Cutler was a part of the trade talks between Chicago and Tennessee, but as much as I would have wanted it to be just swapping picks and throwing in Cutler, realistically (as you admitted) there had to be multiple picks/future picks in order to make this happen.

So neither article posted proved FT wrong, it was just speculation from a couple writers who had no real source to back the swapping of picks + Cutler deal.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Do you know what a rumor is? Not once in the article you provided did Cole mention a source within the Bears suggesting that, it sounded more of an article of what Jason Cole thought could happen...from your article that you provided http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...sted-in-marcus-mariota-could-trade-jay-cutler

This is the only mention of any insider information and none of it says that just the #7 and Cutler would get it done, but that "trading Cutler may actually workout"

AS FT pointed out later in the article it says this

Which again suggests that it would take more than just Cutler and the 7th overall pick to get that deal done. So the Cole article was more him kicking around the idea of Cutler being a part of a trade for the #2 overall pick...which was actually rumored, but not as the main bargaining chip.

In the sports mockery article that was later posted, it again wasn't any rumor but more of a writer kicking around an idea. The tweets referenced in the article only mention the Titans as a potential trade partner, and the benefits the Bears would get from trading Cutler. The article says this:

It mentions that as a speculated move referencing twitter, but they don't post the tweets suggesting this as the move...again the tweets referenced from Rappaport and Schefter only suggest Tennessee as a possible trade partner and how it makes sense for Chicago. The rest of the article discusses the benefits of that trade on both sides of the deal.

I believe that Cutler was a part of the trade talks between Chicago and Tennessee, but as much as I would have wanted it to be just swapping picks and throwing in Cutler, realistically (as you admitted) there had to be multiple picks/future picks in order to make this happen.

So neither article posted proved FT wrong, it was just speculation from a couple writers who had no real source to back the swapping of picks + Cutler deal.

Trust me, She knows all of this. It's been explained to her many times. She just chooses to ignore it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
it again wasn't any rumor but more of a writer kicking around an idea.

Whatever, that is basically 99% what is written in the offseason and treated as "rumors". We had discussions on here for days upon days about Cutler and 7 for 2. That is what was implied and brought up originally. There were mentions of that exact scenario. Whether or not that was what someone heard or it was his own idea, it doesn't matter.

No one here KNOWS FOR SURE what was offered, if anything really was offered. Not one person here.

This whole thing stemmed from me and a lot of other people that think that Fox has the idea that Cutler can be apart of the future and he can win with him. It's all going to go down this year. If he leads us to the playoffs and is a main reason why, his going to be a part of the future. That is why I made the bet with you. That is what I think is going to happen. You obviously have a different opinion and that is fine.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I once heard a rumor the royal family was actually lizard people in disguise.

Once I saw it being discussed for days on CCS..... I knew the rumor had to be true.

Thanks CCS!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I once heard a rumor the royal family was actually lizard people in disguise.

Once I saw it being discussed for days on CCS..... I knew the rumor had to be true.

Thanks CCS!

Then we shouldn't talk about any articles until they become breaking news verified by the team.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Whatever, that is basically 99% what is written in the offseason and treated as "rumors". We had discussions on here for days upon days about Cutler and 7 for 2. That is what was implied and brought up originally. There were mentions of that exact scenario. Whether or not that was what someone heard or it was his own idea, it doesn't matter.

Last year I suggested that the Bears should have traded down with Cleveland or Houston and acquire more picks and throw Cutler in with the deal, would you consider that a "rumor". What I did is no different than what Cole did.

No one here KNOWS FOR SURE what was offered, if anything really was offered. Not one person here.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/30/8525607/nfl-draft-rumors-trade-jay-cutler-titans-bears

The Bears have reportedly spoken to the Titans about moving up to No. 2, but Tennessee is "not interested" in the veteran quarterback, according to Bob Holtzman of ESPN.

Here is the tweet referenced in that article:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/593919782224814082

It seems like there was an offer on the table, but Tennessee wasn't interested in Cutler.

This whole thing stemmed from me and a lot of other people that think that Fox has the idea that Cutler can be apart of the future and he can win with him. It's all going to go down this year. If he leads us to the playoffs and is a main reason why, his going to be a part of the future. That is why I made the bet with you. That is what I think is going to happen. You obviously have a different opinion and that is fine.

Exactly, which is why Cutler being offered in a trade to Tennessee contradicts that whole notion.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then we shouldn't talk about any articles until they become breaking news verified by the team.

:aj:

didshereallysaythat!!?!?!

You can talk about anything you want, we all just ask that you have a brain/use it while doing so.

Why such the victim?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Last year I suggested that the Bears should have traded down with Cleveland or Houston and acquire more picks and throw Cutler in with the deal, would you consider that a "rumor". What I did is no different than what Cole did.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/30/8525607/nfl-draft-rumors-trade-jay-cutler-titans-bears

Here is the tweet referenced in that article:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/593919782224814082

It seems like there was an offer on the table, but Tennessee wasn't interested in Cutler.

Exactly, which is why Cutler being offered in a trade to Tennessee contradicts that whole notion.

..... He's not going anywhere and the organization is building around Jay. You really need to accept that.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

No it doesn't. It just would show that the Bears would rather have Mariota than Cutler. It doesn't mean that Fox thinks he can't win at all with Cutler.

All those articles still qualify as rumors. Some might hold more weight than others. But we have seen time and time again that even the most reliable sources have been dead wrong. So I think it is silly to knock on one rumor and then hype up another as fact.

Here is what probably happened. The Bears liked Mariota. They tried to trade up to get him and logically used Cutler. Tennessee probably wanted king's ransom like anytime would with the 2nd pick. The Bears refused taking a bad deal for them that would have involved giving multiple high picks. The Bears (who still liked Cutler - but not as much as Mariota) decided to stay put and take a shot at building a team with him. This makes sense as they didn't draft a QB AT ALL with 15 picks in the last 2 years.