OT - PHI Extends Fletcher Cox, Most Guaranteed $$ In The NFL For A Non-QB

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
..... He's not going anywhere and the organization is building around Jay. You really need to accept that.

where have I suggested otherwise? After this season may be a different story though.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
where have I suggested otherwise? After this season may be a different story though.

They are trying to say that they are NOT building around Jay. They are building around him if he plays well this year. It's obvious.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No it doesn't. It just would show that the Bears would rather have Mariota than Cutler. .

If the Bears/Fix were so confident they could win with Cutler why would they pay the price to go get Mariota? Wouldn't you think a rebuilding team that already had a QB they could win with would not give up a ton of picks for another "unproven" QB?

It makes zero logical sense.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
"Chicago Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery said on Tuesday that finalizing a long-term contract with Chicago is a priority, but he added that he would be OK playing under the franchise tag in 2016 if the two sides cannot strike a deal before the July 15 deadline."

A source close to Jeffery came away from a recent conversation with him convinced he felt unhappy in Chicago and, at times, isolated because of a lack of close friends since Brandon Marshall's departure. Jeffery mentioned how much he looked forward to free-agency, according to the source.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If the Bears/Fix were so confident they could win with Cutler why would they pay the price to go get Mariota? Wouldn't you think a rebuilding team that already had a QB they could win with would not give up a ton of picks for another "unproven" QB?

To see if they can get a pipe dream trade. Then they backed out.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
A source close to Jeffery came away from a recent conversation with him convinced he felt unhappy in Chicago and, at times, isolated because of a lack of close friends since Brandon Marshall's departure. Jeffery mentioned how much he looked forward to free-agency, according to the source.

A "source" providing that "a source close to Jeffery"

vs

WHAT COMES OUT OF JEFFERY'S MOUTH

Bort

Liked Posts:

1466176072573.gif

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No, that's 100% wrong. Its completely illogical to use Cutler to "trade up". His contract is an albatross. The Blackhawks had to throw in arguably their top young player just to get rid of Bickell. Cutler's contract is not a tradeable asset.

How do you not understand this basic and integral part of the situation this far into the discussion?

The Hawks want to re-sign Shaw and make sure they don't ever lose Panarin who is only 24. Teuvo was good but not as important as those 2.

If you are trading up for a team that needs a QB and is drafting one, it makes sense to give up your starter in the process. That is the logical part.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To see if they can get a pipe dream trade. Then they backed out.

I love how you keep saying like it was the Bears who got cold feet, yet that's the furthest thing from the truth.

The Titans told the Bears they had zero interest in Cutler and his contract. That's not the Bears "backing out", that's them getting shoved away.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I love how you keep saying like it was the Bears who got cold feet, yet that's the furthest thing from the truth.

The Titans told the Bears they had zero interest in Cutler and his contract. That's not the Bears "backing out", that's them getting shoved away.

The Titan shoved the Eagles and Redskins out of the way too. They wanted king's ransom. They probably gave all teams the same speech of multiple 1st and 2nd round picks needed.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So it makes sense to use Cutler as "trade up" bait because Panarin and Shaw are better than Teuvo.

This is a new low.

As for the second part of your statement, I am not speaking in hypotheticals. I am speaking specifically about Cutler.

I mentioned the Hawks because you did and gave the reason why that trade went down.

If the Bears were going to trade up for Mariota, they would HAVE TO give up Cutler. You don't trade up to 2 and not start that draft pick. And you don't have Cutler with his contract coming off the bench.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I want to know why it is so illogical for a team to like 2 QBs but 1 more that the other.

That's not the point.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
But you missed the entire point of my mention of the Hawks (how was that possible??)...that the Hawks had to give up an asset just to get another team to take on Bickell's contract. Brian Bickell was not a tradeable asset.

The second part of your statement makes NO SENSE...you are implying that the TITANS would agree to a "Cutler and 7 for 2" trade because the BEARS have to give up Cutler.

You are the worst.

The Hawks part is a stupid comparison because the Bears don't have to give up Cutler by giving up another player just to keep 2 of their stars. We get that the contract has a lot of guaranteed money (although not after this year) but it's a dumb example.

I am not implying that the Titans would agree to the trade, just WHY the Bears would suggest it. The Bears probably knew there was a 99.9% chance that the Titans wouldn't except it. Then they moved on to Cutler - WHO THEY LIKED.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
A "source" providing that "a source close to Jeffery"

vs

What came out of Jefferys mouth is a canned response that toes the company line.

Skipping OTA's, not bonding with team mates, not being in Chicago - in other words, his actions - speak a lot louder than words.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That's not the point.

nothing she says makes sense.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

You absolutely would try to make that trade if you thought Mariota could be better than Cutler - who btw they know they have to work with to make successful anyway!