OT: Players hated Vic Fangio

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Problem is that Vic did not use Ramsey in a scheme that utilized his strengths. He used his zone coverage scheme which is a poor fit for the corners he had, as they are much better in a press man coverage scheme.
Well I think there's some truth to this, but at 29 years old and nearly 9 years in the league, there may be a legitimate question of whether or not Ramsey can cover at the level he used to. I'm not saying he can or can't as I haven't watched film on him lately, but what I did watch earlier in his career suggested to me that he was a bit of a mauler who if you shook him well enough either on release or at the top of the route he'd quickly end up in the trail position (see the move Mooney put on him). I think he's got something to prove. I honestly wouldn't trade him for any of our starting corners (I think both of last year's rookie corners are going to be better than Ramsey, though Stevenson reminds me a lot of him).

I said all that to say it's possible that Fangio was protecting him by the scheme.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Fangio has a track record of success. It may take some time for him to get things to how he wants them, but he knows what is required to make a successful defense. To criticize him is silly. You make yourself look soft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Miami gonna win 10-11 games again and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Those guys dont want to work, they want to go to the beach

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Thinner skinned youth not used to the old school training style that makes hardened warriors. Much too abrasive for the kids these days. Story as old as time.
Or it's a story as old as kids these days.

Either way, he said he wants a coach that can relate to him. Which, hey, fair. But in a job where you get beat up every day, you'd think that that concern goes away on game day

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He could become the greatest ST coach of all time with the new kickoff rule. He basically ran that D at the end of half when a team was threatening from 20.

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vaunted Vic . . . "We can't lose Vic," cried Bear fans in love with mediocrity . . .

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Fangio has a track record of success. It may take some time for him to get things to how he wants them, but he knows what is required to make a successful defense. To criticize him is silly. You make yourself look soft.
Yeah, he didn't turn the Bears Defense around overnight. It took a couple seasons to get the roster in order.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Miami gonna win 10-11 games again and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Those guys dont want to work, they want to go to the beach
Not only that, they can’t play in the cold nor beat good teams. Only one win against a .500 or better team last year. I think they’re the most overrated team in the NFL and big time pretenders. It would not shock me to see McDaniel on the hot seat sooner than later.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Young player used to being coddled got his Lil feelins hurt. These pups now days are used to everyone gets a trophy, Vic took his trophy and shoved it in his ass.

Cringe boomer comment.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
you dont gotta like the people you work with. welcome to corporate america mr Holland!

It could even be not that bad. If someone is a good coach and makes you work hard players could dislike them more than a bad coach who lets them slack.

We need the real dirt like former players say Trestman was taking part in the hand holding shower pics naked after the fully clothed photo shoots.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vic is old school, with all the good and bad that comes with that. I thought he did well for the Bears and thought losing him hurt the team. I didn't really follow him after he left.

Lol "oldschool" is boomer for "antiquated, irrelevant and doesn't work anymore"

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol "oldschool" is boomer for "antiquated, irrelevant and doesn't work anymore"
People who use the term "Boomer" are characterized by being the first generation to grow up getting "participation trophies", believing "There is nothing that I could possibly learn from people who were born before me on planet Earth" because I am an entitled, insufferable cunt.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
People who use the term "Boomer" are characterized by being the first generation to grow up getting "participation trophies", believing "There is nothing that I could possibly learn from people who were born before me on planet Earth" because I am an entitled, insufferable cunt.

Participation trophies for everything including an education that should've taught them what a generation is.

But Boomers are racists. Yeah those nasty Boomers who created the civil rights movement were racist. :rolleyes:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Participation trophies for everything including an education that should've taught them what a generation is.

But Boomers are racists. Yeah those nasty Boomers who created the civil rights movement were racist. :rolleyes:
Ummmmm

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Okay boomer

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah because the 10 year old receiving the 'participation trophy' was the person who decided he would receive said participation trophy.