OT: Prince Fielder to AL

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
wonder what they do when Vmart is healthy?? Probably have to trade him.

He just has a three-year deal right? This is year two. I think they let him go to DH in year three before trading him at the deadline.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Now the Cespedes derby should be down to just us and the Marlins no way the Tigers add him now.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, we experienced it once, the greatness, would be nice to experience it again, but looks like that wont happen for 9 years.

I honestly don't think Fielder will be good for 9 years. Rebuild the White Sox right and you'll be back in it in 3-5.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its sad that Detroit of all cities (which has no tv deal) trumps the cubs and sox in the 3rd largest market.

Someone told me Detroit just signed a ginormous TV contract with FOX Sports. I'll look that up later, but apparently that's how they can afford him.

The problem with the Cubs and Sox is timing. Not to mention you guys are still paying for Konerko and Dunn and can't exactly dump either of them without eating a shitload of money.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Its sad that Detroit of all cities (which has no tv deal) trumps the cubs and sox in the 3rd largest market.

All about timing, IMO. Both Sox and Cubs are trying to unload bad contracts, while Detroit hasn't overspent on old, bad players recently.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
you have officially lost for the 2nd year in a row a sig bet that lasts 1 year to me. hmmmmm....what should i have you wear as your sig?
You have the power.

I'm glad the Cubs didn't sign him to those years and that price tag.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone told me Detroit just signed a ginormous TV contract with FOX Sports. I'll look that up later, but apparently that's how they can afford him.

The problem with the Cubs and Sox is timing. Not to mention you guys are still paying for Konerko and Dunn and can't exactly dump either of them without eating a shitload of money.

disagree on that player for sure.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
You have the power.

I'm glad the Cubs didn't sign him to those years and that price tag.

sucks to be an NL team you cant give long deals to hitters or it will bite you AL with the DH has the advantage in that sense.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
disagree on that player for sure.

I didn't mean that Konerko is a bad player. I meant that he's getting paid a ton of money and you're not getting rid of him anyway.