OT: SCOTTIE SCHEFFLER ARRESTED & CHARGED WITH FELONY

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is beginning to look like an over-zealous cop probably on a power trip. This will likely go away quickly. The Louisville police department has a bad reputation for a reason.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What if it was a random minority golfer and not scottie doesn't know?
Wasn't about that. It was about the setting and I doubt it had gone different if it were a black pro golfer IN THIS INSTACE. Also, while I'm strongly against excessive force by cops, most of them don't deserve that rap and show incredible patience. But like those that profile complexion, many are profiling cops. Everything is extreme today with the social media amplifier. That said, a few bad apples spoil the bunch when it comes to that job and there are some entire jurisdictions that are problematic.

For a different forum but I do know that while a minority, there is a high % of crime from the community. It's not that they're black but a socio-economic condition and all people still need to be treated as individuals. I've had a shop in Lincoln Park and have great customers of all ethnicities but a disproportionate issue when it comes to theft and attempted scams.

Does it mean I profile? No, I don't due to complexion but if someone comes in with a trench, large bag or a buddy and split up...

It's not a big problem and my current location but it was bit more so on Clark Street and the ratio was at an ethnic factor of about 5-1 though not a huge issue as events were still seldom. What you need to understand is that it has absolutely zero to do with complexion but at the same time, I do understand why there is profiling. The ignorant can't differentiate what's going on here and simply see complexion instead of the individual.

Ducks.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope Scottie gets an appropriately guilty judgment and punishment for it.

He might get a slap on the wrist. We don’t know the details yet. By most accounts I’ve read and seen it was an honest mistake and a (over) zealous police officer. Given the Louisville police department’s reputation I would not take them at their word. I doubt they’ll host another major for a long while. I’d guess the cop went to the hospital to bolster his tenuous case.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
It is beginning to look like an over-zealous cop probably on a power trip. This will likely go away quickly. The Louisville police department has a bad reputation for a reason.
I mean it immediately looked like that. LPD tried to do damage control and cover up how bad it looked with an exaggerated police report and having officer doofy go to the hospital. But yeah it's looking like for their sake it might be best if it disappears instead of turning into anything bigger.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some people - Why don't these people being killed by cops just comply.

Same people - Why the cops mad Scotttie disobeyed orders tried to drive on the median to get by and then dragged a cop to the ground with his car who tried to stop him. Poor Scottie.

1. Wonder what the reaction would be if it was Rashee Rice who knocked a cop over with his car after disobeying cops orders.

2. Wonder if it were Rashee Rice charged with a felony if he would be released with bail in a couple of hours.

3. Wonder what the reaction would be if the cop had responded to being knocked down by Scottie's car by unloading on said car because he feared for his life.

4. Who can spot the difference between Scottie and these other people noted above? I wonder what could it be that causes the reaction to be different. Why shouldn't Scottie have just obeyed orders.
There are too many problems with this. I take your point, but it doesn't begin to address the individual cop, who may or may not have behaved differently if Scottie was black, nor does it take into account the setting. I highly doubt the entrance to a posh golf club is anything like that of some troubled inner city district.

That being said, Scottie should have been Dq'ed from the tournament, and face the punishment for his actions.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some people - Why don't these people being killed by cops just comply.

Same people - Why the cops mad Scottie disobeyed orders tried to drive on the median to get by and then dragged a cop to the ground with his car who tried to stop him. Poor Scottie.

1. Wonder what the reaction would be if it was Tiger Woods who knocked a cop over with his car after disobeying cops orders.

2. Wonder if it were Tiger Woods charged with a felony if he would be released with bail in a couple of hours.

3. Wonder what the reaction would be if the cop had responded to being knocked down by Tiger's car by unloading on said car because he feared for his life.

4. Who can spot the difference between Scottie and these other people noted above? I wonder what could it be that causes the reaction to be different. Why shouldn't Scottie have just obeyed orders.
Hmmmmmmm

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
There are too many problems with this. I take your point, but it doesn't begin to address the individual cop, who may or may not have behaved differently if Scottie was black, nor does it take into account the setting. I highly doubt the entrance to a posh golf club is anything like that of some troubled inner city district.

That being said, Scottie should have been Dq'ed from the tournament, and face the punishment for his actions.
🐠 🐟 🐠 🐟 🐠 🐟

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Innocent until proven guilty? Is that still a thing? They are moving his next appearance to June 3. They’ll kick this down the road and eventually drop the charges.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts: