Pace & Nagy scheduled to talk to the media on Tuesday.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
the bears won 8 games with nick foles and trubisky. literally 2 back up QBs. you’re going to have a tough time convincing me Nagy couldn’t have gotten 10+ wins with Watson or Mahomes.

Wow. Right, I forgot. You don't know how to watch football and see all the sloppiness all over, the laziness inherent in the players and the chaos of the playcalling that was the primary factor in losing / winning by less than what should have been won.

Watson or Mahomes? LOL That IS my point. We MIGHT win 10 with them as they can play out of how shitty Nagy is but we win NOTHING with Nagy here no matter IF Pace brings in a FA stud QB.

In what WAY do you ever actually blame Nagy? I call bullshit on you saying they are both trash. I have never read anything specific from you re: how terrible Nagy is

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Could Foles/Trubisky have gotten more wins with someone other than Nagy.....

million dollar question

Foles literally did way more than 8 wins with 2 other coaches. I think he CAN never get there again despite any coaches but Nagy wanted Foles ... no wait, @WestCoastBearsFan blames ONLY Pace for the low talent at QBs. He has a narrative here so never mind that point, haha

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
If the Bears get someone who is of that caliber (Wilson, Watson) the offense would run itself. These guys are tacticians who are not 1 read QBs and they audible out of like the 50% of plays anyway to their own liking.

They don’t need the PERFECT play call to make shit happen and move the ball downfield. A guy like Trubisky or Darnold need the perfect play call just to make 6 yard competitions.

I can’t stand Nagy but I can’t imagine him preventing Wilson from doing his thing. Wilson is just too good.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Wow. Right, I forgot. You don't know how to watch football and see all the sloppiness all over, the laziness inherent in the players and the chaos of the playcalling that was the primary factor in losing / winning by less than what should have been won.

Watson or Mahomes? LOL That IS my point. We MIGHT win 10 with them as they can play out of how shitty Nagy is but we win NOTHING with Nagy here no matter IF Pace brings in a FA stud QB.

In what WAY do you ever actually blame Nagy? I call bullshit on you saying they are both trash. I have never read anything specific from you re: how terrible Nagy is
What do i blame Nagy for? He’s too focused on being a player’s coach and not an X’s and O’s coach. He often has good play designs but they aren’t called at the right time, and this was noticeable when Lazor took over.

and no they probably would have won 11 games last season with deshaun watson at QB. I would say they beat the Saints at home, Vikings at home, and probably Tennessee.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Thing have been relatively quiet. I feel like something is about to pop.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What do i blame Nagy for? He’s too focused on being a player’s coach and not an X’s and O’s coach. He often has good play designs but they aren’t called at the right time, and this was noticeable when Lazor took over.

and no they probably would have won 11 games last season with deshaun watson at QB. I would say they beat the Saints at home, Vikings at home, and probably Tennessee.

Your first sentence is all true and I like it.

It was also noticeable that Nagy took back more control by the obvious Nagy signature playcalls in the losses at the end (GB/NO).

This means - (and here you will probably agree) - that even IF Pace gets Wilson or Watson, we are doomed not to win it all. This coach does NOT have what it takes to be a championship-winning NFL HC.

Where you lose me is when you start excusing Nagy for Pace's misses and ignore the fact that last offseaon, it was stated that **Nagy fired Hiestand and THAT will fix the OL**

*** and Foles is just as much of a "Nagy-approved" pickup as it was a Pace move.

Everything you (rightfully) give Pace shit for ALSO gets on Nagy at this point. He has far more weaknesses than just baffling playcalling and getting outsmarted on game day.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can’t stand Nagy but I can’t imagine him preventing Wilson from doing his thing. Wilson is just too good.

Foles was an MVP candidate one regular season and a Super Bowl MVP winner outright, and Nagy prevented him from doing his thing even after approving trading for him. I know, I know, Wilson >> Foles especially Foles of 2020, but the principle is the same.

Don't overestimate Nagy's ability to do what it takes to win vs. his ego and reputation as an "offensive guru".

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Your first sentence is all true and I like it.

It was also noticeable that Nagy took back more control by the obvious Nagy signature playcalls in the losses at the end (GB/NO).

This means - (and here you will probably agree) - that even IF Pace gets Wilson or Watson, we are doomed not to win it all. This coach does NOT have what it takes to be a championship-winning NFL HC.

Where you lose me is when you start excusing Nagy for Pace's misses and ignore the fact that last offseaon, it was stated that **Nagy fired Hiestand and THAT will fix the OL**

*** and Foles is just as much of a "Nagy-approved" pickup as it was a Pace move.

Everything you (rightfully) give Pace shit for ALSO gets on Nagy at this point. He has far more weaknesses than just baffling playcalling and getting outsmarted on game day.
i don’t think Nagy has what it takes to be an NFL play caller. i do think he has what it takes to be an NFL HC. i can’t tell you if i think the bears are contenders with the acquisition of wilson or watson without knowing how much they gave up.

and in terms of the OL, Pace is literally Nagy’s boss. If Nagy thought the OL was fine, he’s an idiot, but Pace should have known better. he at the end of the day is responsible for player acquisition.