Packers Cut All Pro Guard Josh Sitton

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be surprised if Pace makes a move for him but if he could play center it's hard to believe he wouldn't be a major upgrade from Larsen. Some say he didn't have a good 2015 season, and is slowed by a foot injury he never recovered from. The OL would be, as coach Trestman liked to say "in a good place" or better than what they have now if they signed him.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd be surprised if Pace makes a move for him but if he could play center it's hard to believe he wouldn't be a major upgrade from Larsen. Some say he didn't have a good 2015 season, and is slowed by a foot injury he never recovered from. The OL would be, as coach Trestman liked to say "in a good place" or better than what they have now if they signed him.

Unless he can't put weight on his foot, he'd definitely be an upgrade over Larsen.
Sitton has even played tackle before. Lotsa versatility with him. C, G, T in an emergency.
We need to invite him to Halas Hall for a beef sandwich

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is no way Sitton signs with us when he can probably get an offer from an actual contending team. Unless we offered him a fuck ton more money and/or a longer term deal than everyone else.

Also not sure if it makes sense for the Bears to spend big money on a guy who likely is going to be outside of his prime most likely when we are ready to seriously compete unless Pace thinks this team is farther along than it is now.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
There is no way Sitton signs with us when he can probably get an offer from an actual contending team. Unless we offered him a fuck ton more money and/or a longer term deal than everyone else.

Also not sure if it makes sense for the Bears to spend big money on a guy who likely is going to be outside of his prime most likely when we are ready to seriously compete unless Pace thinks this team is farther along than it is now.

Only if he is pissed at the Packers about something and wants revenge.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless he can't put weight on his foot, he'd definitely be an upgrade over Larsen.
Sitton has even played tackle before. Lotsa versatility with him. C, G, T in an emergency.
We need to invite him to Halas Hall for a beef sandwich

The one game he played T, he gave up 2 sacks, 2 pressures, 2 QB hits and 2 tackles for loss. It was a desperation move and not something to refer to as a can do. He said so himself. He also has a chronic back issue.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I expect Long to play and C is not Sitton's best spot so I don't see a great fit. I also like Edison's future and wouldn't mind him playing. If we were in contention for a SB, maybe I roll the dice but I wouldn't do it under the current circumstances

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Any list of the most surprising moves made on cutdown day would be incomplete without the Packers’ decision to release guard Josh Sitton.

Sitton has missed two games since becoming a starter in 2009 and has played at a high enough level to be named a second-team All-Pro after each of the last three seasons. Inklings of what was coming only surfaced in the hours before Saturday’s 4 p.m. ET deadline to get to 53 players with word that the Packers were trying to trade Sitton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/04/josh-sitton-sad-about-being-cut-by-packers/

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ever hear of waivers. We could afford to rent him for a year at $6.8m but I expect Long to play and C is not Sitton's best spot so I don't see a great fit. I also like Edison's future and wouldn't mind him playing. If we were in contention for a SB, maybe I roll the dice but I wouldn't do a one year rental under the current circumstances

Edison didn't play terrible, so he could work. IF Sitton did make a visit to Halas Hall his body may be so used up he may not pass a physical but ya he would be a 1 year bandaid. He was on the last year of his GB contract so he probably is looking for multi years.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Edison didn't play terrible, so he could work. IF Sitton did make a visit to Halas Hall his body may be so used up he may not pass a physical but ya he would be a 1 year bandaid. He was on the last year of his GB contract so he probably is looking for multi years.

I think he can still play but he's not getting any younger and I see us as looking forward. I wouldn't hate the acquisition but don't see us making a claim.

I think the Browns did us a favor by playing starters for a bit of the 4th preseason game. Gave us a chance to actually get a feel for Edison. I think he's got good awareness, motor and plays stronger than his size.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If a player is cut like Sitton, had 1 year left of a non-guaranteed salary. That contract is out the window and where ever he went he'd get a new deal. I don't know how that works just raising the question. If Sitton is healthy, lot of teams out there will be going after him...hard to see him landing here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your right. He's a FA in the current CBA. My bad. I corrected my initial post. thanks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any list of the most surprising moves made on cutdown day would be incomplete without the Packers’ decision to release guard Josh Sitton.

Sitton has missed two games since becoming a starter in 2009 and has played at a high enough level to be named a second-team All-Pro after each of the last three seasons. Inklings of what was coming only surfaced in the hours before Saturday’s 4 p.m. ET deadline to get to 53 players with word that the Packers were trying to trade Sitton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/04/josh-sitton-sad-about-being-cut-by-packers/
No doubt but this is also how the Packers never seem to get old.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Sitton makes sense, but considering the current situations with both McPhee (long term) and the present with Long, Pace may have a hard time convincing people that Sitton is money well spent. Throw in Wilson, Fuller and to some degree Royal and the argument not to pay AJ makes less and less sense.

Just my opinion, obviously.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
Looks like former Packers' Pro Bowl G Josh Sitton's first visit will be to...division-rival Chicago Bears, per sources. Saints could follow

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Our GM that we hire after Pace is a fucking idiot.

In before Ommy! Heh. Now ya can't be the first. [emoji6]

Now you have to shit on every other future move the Bears will make and keep us all from hearing the old man bitch about EVERY....SINGLE....MOVE......IT'S SOOOOO EXHAUSTING.