Patrick Mahomes' big day somehow got people Mad Online about Mitchell Trubisky? lol

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patrick-mahomes-big-day-somehow-220536434.html

Patrick Mahomes has a pretty spectacular afternoon. The second-year QB walked into Heinz Field and torched the Steelers in their own house, throwing for 326 yards and *six* TDs.

For reasons that definitely don't have to do with the fact that the Bears don't play until tomorrow night, some fans jumped at the opportunity to lament about the 2017 NFL Draft:

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
OT labiaface

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patrick-mahomes-big-day-somehow-220536434.html

Patrick Mahomes has a pretty spectacular afternoon. The second-year QB walked into Heinz Field and torched the Steelers in their own house, throwing for 326 yards and *six* TDs.

For reasons that definitely don't have to do with the fact that the Bears don't play until tomorrow night, some fans jumped at the opportunity to lament about the 2017 NFL Draft:
I don't lament about the draft. I wanted Mahomes then and the Bears, as per usual, made the wrong choice.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bot said it best.

We all have QB envy. Mahomes looks awesome. Mitch has not to this point.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Anytime Mahomes plays great, most people here will scream "We should of gotten him! Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Watson plays great, most people here will scream "We should of gotten him! Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Trubisky plays well, "yeah but he missed this guy or overthrew that guy".
Anytime Trubisky plays poorly, "Trubisky sucks, Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Mahomes or Watson plays poorly, "It's just 1 game, it wasn't his fault, Pace is an idiot".

Nevermind all 3 of these guys have just barely started their careers and NObody knows who will ultimately have the better career in the end. I'm certainly not going to pretend like I know everything or can predict the future like many people here. What I do know is that Trubisky is the starting QB for MY Bears and I will support and root for him each and every game while he continues to learn and grow as a NFL QB.

Anyone who is already jumping off the cliff are just looking to say "I told you so" as if that somehow makes you better than everyone. The chances of anyone becoming an elite NFL QB is astronomical so betting against Trubisky is the safe easy way out. Good for you. I for one, as a diehard Bears fan, love his determination and sheer will to succeed and get better. Therefore I will support him unless he proves without a doubt he cannot make it.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Anytime Mahomes plays great, most people here will scream "We should of gotten him! Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Watson plays great, most people here will scream "We should of gotten him! Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Trubisky plays well, "yeah but he missed this guy or overthrew that guy".
Anytime Mahomes or Watson plays poorly, "It's just 1 game, it wasn't his fault, Pace is an idiot".

Nevermind all 3 of these guys have just barely started their careers and NObody knows who will ultimately have the better career in the end. I'm certainly not going to pretend like I know everything or can predict the future like many people here. What I do know is that Trubisky is the starting QB for MY Bears and I will support and root for him each and every game while he continues to learn and grow as a NFL QB.

Anyone who is already jumping off the cliff are just looking to say "I told you so" as if that somehow makes you better than everyone. The chances of anyone becoming an elite NFL QB is astronomical so betting against Trubisky is the safe easy way out. Good for you. I for one, as a diehard Bears fan, love his determination and sheer will to succeed and get better. Therefore I will support him unless he proves without a doubt he cannot make it.

*should have

points all taken however.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

6a00d8345190c169e20148c7ab2052970c-320wi

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't expect anything else from you Grimson. Attention span of a Gnat and the maturity of an infant. Keep it up buddy, your a true message board hero. That will take you far.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Because of Andy Reid and his ability to harness people’s natural talent, I’ve taken a 180 in just two games.

I was very skeptical about Mahomes going into the draft and going into this year.

But Mahomes landed in the perfect spot. And he’s making the most of it.

10 TDs and 0 INTs in 2 games. There will be a regression to the mean at some point, but even so, I’m ready to say I’d be very surprised if Mahomes isn’t clearly the best QB of the 2017 class when it’s all said and done.

He’s won me over. Reid is awesome. Mahomes has a ton of arm talent, and now he’s proven he has the head and recognition to go with it. Dude might be MVP.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would of loved to of seen what Mahomes would of been like with the team/offense and coaching staff we had last year. He went to a great situation with an established team and with the true QB whisperer of the NFL in A.Reid. Has Reid ever had a QB that was bad for him? There has to be at least one in there some where.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t lament. Mahomes is awesome. I’m a believer. But a few things to keep in mind.

-Mahomes wasn’t even thought of as a first-round talent until verrryyyy close to draft time.

-The vast vast majority of mock drafts had Trubisky going first among QBs (I know, who gives a shit about mocks, but it goes to show the Bears didn’t just whiff on Mahomes or something.)

-Trubisky was *generally* accepted as being the QB with the most upside, whose game would translate best to the NFL, who had the best footwork and head for the game (or so everyone thought)

-Mahomes gets wrecked by Fox and Loggains, becomes an INT machine, and Trubisky has a successful start in Kansas City. You know this to be true. Mahomes landed in the *perfect* spot with the *perfect* coach. He ain’t throwing for 6 TDs under John Fox. If he ends up anywhere else, who knows what happens. This isn’t to denigrate him.

So, knowing what they knew then, it made absolute sense to pick Trubisky first. This stuff happens. If Mahomes ends up being a Hall of Famer (which absolutely could happen), I wouldn’t beat myself up. Not many saw it coming.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Because of Andy Reid and his ability to harness people’s natural talent, I’ve taken a 180 in just two games.

I was very skeptical about Mahomes going into the draft and going into this year.

But Mahomes landed in the perfect spot. And he’s making the most of it.

10 TDs and 0 INTs in 2 games. There will be a regression to the mean at some point, but even so, I’m ready to say I’d be very surprised if Mahomes isn’t clearly the best QB of the 2017 class when it’s all said and done.

He’s won me over. Reid is awesome. Mahomes has a ton of arm talent, and now he’s proven he has the head and recognition to go with it. Dude might be MVP.

I understand where you're coming from but I see weaknesses. Bookmark this please....I'm going on record as saying Mahomes will soon take a steep nosedive and will nowhere be close to MVP candidate. These defenses will figure him out real quick and his gunslinger mentality is going to bite him big time. Right now he's looking great, no doubt, but I think it's all smoke and mirrors.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I don't lament about the draft. I wanted Mahomes then and the Bears, as per usual, made the wrong choice.

I'm gonna guess after the NFL catches up to Mahomes and he falls back to Earth, you're gonna deny ever saying this every other bandwagon you've jumped on??

I notice all the Watson nuthuggers from last year aren't so loud anymore.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I understand where you're coming from but I see weaknesses. Bookmark this please....I'm going on record as saying Mahomes will soon take a steep nosedive and will nowhere be close to MVP candidate. These defenses will figure him out real quick and his gunslinger mentality is going to bite him big time. Right now he's looking great, no doubt, but I think it's all smoke and mirrors.

I hear that. This absolutely could happen, but I’m not even seeing much evidence so far of him “getting away” with throws or having a bunch of near-INTs. I’m just seeing a guy with an awesome arm and good accuracy who can recognize quickly who’s open and get the ball to them. I’m not seeing evidence of a forthcoming nosedive, although I do think statistically there will be a regression to the mean, which I suppose in this instance may end up being similar.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

Exactly. The Bears are my team as well. Until he is benched or cut, he is THE guy to lead my team. We've already seen Mariotta flame out after everyone here talking up. Watson and Jimmy G have become average after everyone screaming they were future HOFers last year. I'm sure Mahomes will fall off too at some point. Where as Mitch hasn't reached that level yet, so maybe slow and steady will win the race in the end?

Ranting and raving about other teams' QBs does what in the long run? Do people like Spartan think if they bitch about Mitch enough the owners will get together and swap him for Watson or Mahomes? It kind of doesn't work that way.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I liked Mahomes but thought Trubs the safer pick. Watson was my 3rd. KC may have thought the same but lucked out... so far. In another year, they may all be good or not but it sure looks like Mahomes has matured a lot in a year and has this shit down. He was one of those guys that would on target and then one would sail. I haven't seen any of those this year.:beer:

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
I hear that. This absolutely could happen, but I’m not even seeing much evidence so far of him “getting away” with throws or having a bunch of near-INTs. I’m just seeing a guy with an awesome arm and good accuracy who can recognize quickly who’s open and get the ball to them. I’m not seeing evidence of a forthcoming nosedive, although I do think statistically there will be a regression to the mean, which I suppose in this instance may end up being similar.

I agree. He has proven to have great accuracy and a hell of an arm. The problem I see coming is when defenses start to really apply pressure and zone-scheme him so that his "big arm" passes turn into INT's. When he starts throwing a bunch of INT's his confidence will go down and he may become timid. Right now he's on cloud 9 and everything seems so easy but it's not gonna last for long. Tom Brady just got his ass kicked by JAX today and if anyone can overcome that defeat it's him...but someone like Mahomes might be scarred. IMO it's never a good thing to have so much success so quick and early nor so much failure so quick and early.