Patrick Mahomes' big day somehow got people Mad Online about Mitchell Trubisky? lol

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine thinking it's the coaching staff making Mitch play like a deer in headlights.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I respect your post and I understand where you're coming from, I truly do. If Mahomes came to Chicago and Trubisky went to KC it might be totally different. But I also recognize that this coaching staff in Chicago is totally different from last year and many years before. I believe this coaching staff in Chicago will get things straight anf Trubisky will have every opportunity to succeed. I also believe that Andy Reid always finds a way to become predictable and teams always find a way to defend his offenses. He's never won a SB for a reason.

What people don't seem to understand is that it didn't fucking matter who the Bears drafted. We were going to back the kid regardless. I wanted Watson, we got Trubisky. I'm going to root for the kid until he proves without a shadow of a doubt that he isn't the franchise QB we are looking for.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
What people don't seem to understand is that it didn't fucking matter who the Bears drafted. We were going to back the kid regardless. I wanted Watson, we got Trubisky. I'm going to root for the kid until he proves without a shadow of a doubt that he isn't the franchise QB we are looking for.

Sure you did... lmao.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure you did... lmao.

What is so hard to believe about that? People were asked who they wanted at the time of the draft. I said Watson. In retrospect I am glad it was anyone but him. 2 major knee injuries in non-contact practice to both knees. I don't know how much he will play in the NFL at this point. Good luck.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
What is so hard to believe about that? People were asked who they wanted at the time of the draft. I said Watson. In retrospect I am glad it was anyone but him. 2 major knee injuries in non-contact practice to both knees. I don't know how much he will play in the NFL at this point. Good luck.

2 major knee issues... still more accomplished than our dear Mitchell.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Watson looked much better today... I think it helped having Fuller back.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has had 13 starts. Soon, we’ll have a pretty damn sizeable sample size. I hope he takes a big step forward this year. But if he looks hardly any different, yes, we can make a judgment.

It’s totally understandable for fans to be miffed at what might have been.

Mahomes has started the season with two phenomenal all-time games. Watson was on pace last year to shatter touchdown records. Trubisky’s next multi-TD game will be his first.

You’re right that ultimately we don’t know *exactly* what these guys will be. But I’m a man of evidence. Evidence has shown potential greatness from Mahomes and Watson. I see no such evidence for Trubisky, just flashes here and there that he may one day be merely a good quarterback. He has a chance to be average-to-above-average. Again, that’s not a prediction, just what evidence is showing at this point. I’m more than happy to give Trubisky the full year until he cements a judgment in my eyes.

Also, I reject the idea that Bears fans are somehow unfairly propping up the other QBs while denigrating Trubisky. The other QBs have each given us multiple truly great performances, in some cases all-time performances. Trubisky has not played a great game. Not a single one. He’s gotta give me one game that tells me, “Wow, he can be great.” A 300-yard game. Or a 3-TD/0-INT game. Or a final drive for a win. He’s shown me none of that so far. Again, doesn’t mean he won’t or he can’t. But I’m talking evidence.

Exactly... Bears fans have to be honest with themselves about what they see. Trubs needs to give us something to believe he can be great. No more excuses about well if he had this or that, we did that with Cutler. Dak Prescott (2016 draft) as a 4th round pick lit it up as a rookie, as well as Watson & Mahomes (in his 2nd year). And no more experience excuses, Pace could have chosen any QB in the 2017 draft.

Pace picked Trubisky #2 overall, traded up & gave away picks to get him. He was picked higher then all the previously mentioned QBs, so Trubs needs to start showing why.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Exactly... Bears fans have to be honest with themselves about what they see. Trubs needs to give us something to believe he can be great. No more excuses about well if he had this or that, we did that with Cutler. Dak Prescott (2016 draft) as a 4th round pick lit it up as a rookie, as well as Watson & Mahomes (in his 2nd year). And no more experience excuses, Pace could have chosen any QB in the 2017 draft.

Pace picked Trubisky #2 overall, traded up & gave away picks to get him. He was picked higher then all the previously mentioned QBs, so Trubs needs to start showing why.

This is exactly right...
The offense put up 10 points in GB in the first half while they looked dazed... they adjusted and the Bears didn’t. I don’t care if it’s Nagys calls... if Mitch sees something the hit it or change the play and hit it.
On the other hand maybe he doesn’t see anything past the script... in which case Mitch is a missed pick and a bust.
I don’t want Tyrod Taylor for the price paid.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Didn't realize all these formerly banned posters (and others) were all closet Chief fans...

Neither did they but once they saw Mahomes for a couple of games that bandwagon was easy to jump on.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Must feel really shitty being a Texans fan. Just think, you gave up a first round pick to move up and grab Deshaun Watson 2 picks too late. Had they been more aggressive they could’ve moved up and got Mahomes. Alas, what’s done is done.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anytime Mahomes plays great, most people here will scream "We should of gotten him! Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Watson plays great, most people here will scream "We should of gotten him! Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Trubisky plays well, "yeah but he missed this guy or overthrew that guy".
Anytime Trubisky plays poorly, "Trubisky sucks, Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Mahomes or Watson plays poorly, "It's just 1 game, it wasn't his fault, Pace is an idiot".

Nevermind all 3 of these guys have just barely started their careers and NObody knows who will ultimately have the better career in the end. I'm certainly not going to pretend like I know everything or can predict the future like many people here. What I do know is that Trubisky is the starting QB for MY Bears and I will support and root for him each and every game while he continues to learn and grow as a NFL QB.

Anyone who is already jumping off the cliff are just looking to say "I told you so" as if that somehow makes you better than everyone. The chances of anyone becoming an elite NFL QB is astronomical so betting against Trubisky is the safe easy way out. Good for you. I for one, as a diehard Bears fan, love his determination and sheer will to succeed and get better. Therefore I will support him unless he proves without a doubt he cannot make it.

It's logical and unemotional posts like these that make ccs a great place to chat about football.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Idk who vick ashley is, but MMM does NOT struggle with sack-eating, it's literally one of his better skills, if not the best. wtf

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
QBs from the same class always get compared to each other. It has happened with every QB class ever.

The end result is what matters. Mitch is clearly progressing much more slowly than his classmates, that does not mean he does not reach their level of exceed eventually.

But it has been slow, it probably will continue to be slow, and in the meantime all we can do is watch, pray, doubt, and over react.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
QBs from the same class always get compared to each other. It has happened with every QB class ever.

The end result is what matters. Mitch is clearly progressing much more slowly than his classmates, that does not mean he does not reach their level of exceed eventually.

But it has been slow, it probably will continue to be slow, and in the meantime all we can do is watch, pray, doubt, and over react.

Speak for yourself Windy, I'll literally be doing backflips in my basement (dont worry, raised ceilings) when MMM dunks 3 TDs on the hawks. Not even worried at all