Patrick Mahomes' big day somehow got people Mad Online about Mitchell Trubisky? lol

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I understand where you're coming from but I see weaknesses. Bookmark this please....I'm going on record as saying Mahomes will soon take a steep nosedive and will nowhere be close to MVP candidate. These defenses will figure him out real quick and his gunslinger mentality is going to bite him big time. Right now he's looking great, no doubt, but I think it's all smoke and mirrors.

Not to mention Smith looked great in that offense that year. He isn't a MVP. I hate the Packers, but to see what Rodgers means to that team, he really should win it every year. Even on one leg, he's miles better than Kizer.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Fitzmagic chest hair, 8 TD stole the day..
https://youtu.be/kHrdbn1LycI

Still hilarious how insecure Bears fans are..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Anytime Mahomes plays great, most people here will scream "We should of gotten him! Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Watson plays great, most people here will scream "We should of gotten him! Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Trubisky plays well, "yeah but he missed this guy or overthrew that guy".
Anytime Trubisky plays poorly, "Trubisky sucks, Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Mahomes or Watson plays poorly, "It's just 1 game, it wasn't his fault, Pace is an idiot".

Nevermind all 3 of these guys have just barely started their careers and NObody knows who will ultimately have the better career in the end. I'm certainly not going to pretend like I know everything or can predict the future like many people here. What I do know is that Trubisky is the starting QB for MY Bears and I will support and root for him each and every game while he continues to learn and grow as a NFL QB.

Anyone who is already jumping off the cliff are just looking to say "I told you so" as if that somehow makes you better than everyone. The chances of anyone becoming an elite NFL QB is astronomical so betting against Trubisky is the safe easy way out. Good for you. I for one, as a diehard Bears fan, love his determination and sheer will to succeed and get better. Therefore I will support him unless he proves without a doubt he cannot make it.

The problem is, Trubisky has yet to play well. I'm sure it would help calm a lot of people down if he went out and threw more than one TD every two games.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Anytime Mahomes plays great, most people here will scream "We should of gotten him! Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Watson plays great, most people here will scream "We should of gotten him! Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Trubisky plays well, "yeah but he missed this guy or overthrew that guy".
Anytime Trubisky plays poorly, "Trubisky sucks, Pace is an idiot".
Anytime Mahomes or Watson plays poorly, "It's just 1 game, it wasn't his fault, Pace is an idiot".

Nevermind all 3 of these guys have just barely started their careers and NObody knows who will ultimately have the better career in the end. I'm certainly not going to pretend like I know everything or can predict the future like many people here. What I do know is that Trubisky is the starting QB for MY Bears and I will support and root for him each and every game while he continues to learn and grow as a NFL QB.

Anyone who is already jumping off the cliff are just looking to say "I told you so" as if that somehow makes you better than everyone. The chances of anyone becoming an elite NFL QB is astronomical so betting against Trubisky is the safe easy way out. Good for you. I for one, as a diehard Bears fan, love his determination and sheer will to succeed and get better. Therefore I will support him unless he proves without a doubt he cannot make it.

Trubisky has had 13 starts. Soon, we’ll have a pretty damn sizeable sample size. I hope he takes a big step forward this year. But if he looks hardly any different, yes, we can make a judgment.

It’s totally understandable for fans to be miffed at what might have been.

Mahomes has started the season with two phenomenal all-time games. Watson was on pace last year to shatter touchdown records. Trubisky’s next multi-TD game will be his first.

You’re right that ultimately we don’t know *exactly* what these guys will be. But I’m a man of evidence. Evidence has shown potential greatness from Mahomes and Watson. I see no such evidence for Trubisky, just flashes here and there that he may one day be merely a good quarterback. He has a chance to be average-to-above-average. Again, that’s not a prediction, just what evidence is showing at this point. I’m more than happy to give Trubisky the full year until he cements a judgment in my eyes.

Also, I reject the idea that Bears fans are somehow unfairly propping up the other QBs while denigrating Trubisky. The other QBs have each given us multiple truly great performances, in some cases all-time performances. Trubisky has not played a great game. Not a single one. He’s gotta give me one game that tells me, “Wow, he can be great.” A 300-yard game. Or a 3-TD/0-INT game. Or a final drive for a win. He’s shown me none of that so far. Again, doesn’t mean he won’t or he can’t. But I’m talking evidence.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn’t lament. Mahomes is awesome. I’m a believer. But a few things to keep in mind.

-Mahomes wasn’t even thought of as a first-round talent until verrryyyy close to draft time.

-The vast vast majority of mock drafts had Trubisky going first among QBs (I know, who gives a shit about mocks, but it goes to show the Bears didn’t just whiff on Mahomes or something.)

-Trubisky was *generally* accepted as being the QB with the most upside, whose game would translate best to the NFL, who had the best footwork and head for the game (or so everyone thought)

-Mahomes gets wrecked by Fox and Loggains, becomes an INT machine, and Trubisky has a successful start in Kansas City. You know this to be true. Mahomes landed in the *perfect* spot with the *perfect* coach. He ain’t throwing for 6 TDs under John Fox. If he ends up anywhere else, who knows what happens. This isn’t to denigrate him.

So, knowing what they knew then, it made absolute sense to pick Trubisky first. This stuff happens. If Mahomes ends up being a Hall of Famer (which absolutely could happen), I wouldn’t beat myself up. Not many saw it coming.

Being the 2nd most desirable QB in a draft is far from no one seeing it coming. The arm talent was undeniable. The rest is correct. He was a pick that could have been a disaster or what you see now. That and the schoolyard O he ran were the only reasons he wasn't the top guy.

Pretty awesome having a 154 rating in your 3rd game.:hi5:

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has had 13 starts. Soon, we’ll have a pretty damn sizeable sample size. I hope he takes a big step forward this year. But if he looks hardly any different, yes, we can make a judgment.

Mahomes has started the season with two phenomenal all-time games. Watson was on pace last year to shatter touchdown records. Trubisky’s next multi-TD game will be his first.

You’re right that ultimately we don’t know *exactly* what these guys will be. But I’m a man of evidence. Evidence has shown potential greatness from Mahomes and Watson. I see no such evidence for Trubisky, just flashes here and there that he may one day be merely a good quarterback. He has a chance to be average-to-above-average. Again, that’s not a prediction, just what evidence is showing at this point. I’m more than happy to give Trubisky the full year until he cements a judgment in my eyes.

Also, I reject the idea that Bears fans are somehow unfairly propping up the other QBs while denigrating Trubisky. The other QBs have each given us multiple truly great performances, in some cases all-time performances. Trubisky has not played a great game. Not a single one. He’s gotta give me one game that tells me, “Wow, he can be great.” A 300-yard game. Or a 3-TD/0-INT game. Or a final drive for a win. He’s shown me none of that so far. Again, doesn’t mean he won’t or he can’t. But I’m talking evidence.

Are you taking into account that 12 of his starts were with Dowell Loggains as his OC? And John Fox his HC? Mahomes entire career has been under Andy Reid. Last year and this year.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I understand where you're coming from but I see weaknesses. Bookmark this please....I'm going on record as saying Mahomes will soon take a steep nosedive and will nowhere be close to MVP candidate. These defenses will figure him out real quick and his gunslinger mentality is going to bite him big time. Right now he's looking great, no doubt, but I think it's all smoke and mirrors.

If by steep nosedive, you mean he won't average 5 TDs a game, then I'd say you're correct.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm gonna guess after the NFL catches up to Mahomes and he falls back to Earth, you're gonna deny ever saying this every other bandwagon you've jumped on??

I notice all the Watson nuthuggers from last year aren't so loud anymore.
He's been all over Mahomes since he was drafted.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Are you taking into account that 12 of his starts were with Dowell Loggains as his OC? And John Fox his HC? Mahomes entire career has been under Andy Reid. Last year and this year.

I totally understand that. Like I said previously, if Mahomes ends up anywhere else, who knows what happens. I know for a fact he doesn’t have this kind of success with the Bears.

But he didn’t end up somewhere else. He ended up with the Chiefs, a perfect landing spot for him. That’s all part of it.

Likewise, if Trubisky ends up somewhere else—say, in Kansas City—his career trajectory is different, and maybe he’s a world beater with Andy Reid behind him.

But he didn’t end up somewhere else. He ended up with the Bears, a franchise with a history of futile quarterback scouting and development.

That’s all part of it.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Didn't realize all these formerly banned posters (and others) were all closet Chief fans...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think some are aware at how accurate Mahomes has always been. He'd lose an odd on but when he's on, they're dimes and that's all he's thrown this year.

I'm not hating on him and think he could still be a good pick but it's time to step it up. I'm actually less concerned about results than I am about his development. He still needs to go through some shit and come out the other side making something happen.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
I totally understand that. Like I said previously, if Mahomes ends up anywhere else, who knows what happens. I know for a fact he doesn’t have this kind of success with the Bears.

But he didn’t end up somewhere else. He ended up with the Chiefs, a perfect landing spot for him. That’s all part of it.

Likewise, if Trubisky ends up somewhere else—say, in Kansas City—his career trajectory is different, and maybe he’s a world beater with Andy Reid behind him.

But he didn’t end up somewhere else. He ended up with the Bears, a franchise with a history of futile quarterback scouting and development.

That’s all part of it.

I respect your post and I understand where you're coming from, I truly do. If Mahomes came to Chicago and Trubisky went to KC it might be totally different. But I also recognize that this coaching staff in Chicago is totally different from last year and many years before. I believe this coaching staff in Chicago will get things straight anf Trubisky will have every opportunity to succeed. I also believe that Andy Reid always finds a way to become predictable and teams always find a way to defend his offenses. He's never won a SB for a reason.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Mahomes has been learning that offense for a full year. Mitch has had a couple months. Many KC players have been in that offense for years. Most of ours, for months.

But if we don't play as well as them, something must be wrong. Not buying it just yet...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch liked to think of himself as a gunslinger coming out. He needs to unsnap the holsters and whip it out. Enough of this trying not to fail shit. It's time to try and excel.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Mitch liked to think of himself as a gunslinger coming out. He needs to unsnap the holsters and whip it out. Enough of this trying not to fail shit. It's time to try and excel.

You act like he's the one in charge of that decision...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mahomes has been learning that offense for a full year. Mitch has had a couple months. Many KC players have been in that offense for years. Most of ours, for months.

But if we don't play as well as them, something must be wrong. Not buying it just yet...

He gets time and Mahomes gets his to see what's real also but 'as well' is kinda underselling it, don't you think?

That said. A reality check would have you look at the game Mahomes played late last year. He got a result but was tight in the pocket and missed reads.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You act like he's the one in charge of that decision...

He gets to pick who he throws to this year once it's snapped. I agree that there was too much dumping and short tosses last week but they weren't all like that and even he said he left stuff out there so ya, some of it was obviously up to him.

I'm not down on the kid after 1 game in a new system etc but that's what I see so far.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The only thing I am personally worried about is did Fox and company neuter any possible killer instinct Mitch may have had by forcing him to be a conservative QB last season? I only say this because Nagy spent the off-season talking up how Mitch and the offense would be attacking defenses with aggressive play calling. The GB game was fucking anything but aggressive play calling. It may be something. It may be nothing. I just don't like what I am seeing thus far. Nagy better get a lot more ballsy with the play calling to change my mind.