Paul Konerko Re Signs With Sox

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
Paulie is Human Garbage. There, I said it.

:obama:
Is Human Garbage a super hero? Unless you didn't mean it as a proper noun...oh, I see...you think Paul Konerko is less than human. Well, since you're always right, I guess all of those thousands of fans, including myself, as well as Jerry Reinsdorf, who was willing to spend $37.5 million of his money and Kenny, who said, "he's a first-class person," must be wrong. Oh what a terrible mistake! You must want to abandon such a ship of fools. Well, good luck finding another team who won't disappoint you with signing such a loser like Paulie.

Last edited:

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
he had MVP numbers last year, ill take the risk, lol.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Konerko is kind of a dick, and he's known to throw teammates under buses.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
One time I went to a game and he only signed one autograph, it was my baseball!

lol

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
:turrible:
Will someone please give some links to actual examples of how Paulie has thrown anyone under the bus? I've lived in Phoenix for the past 15 years and had a hard time following the White Sox, which was part of the reason I also became a Diamondbacks fan. It hasn't been until the past 2 years that I've been able to follow the Sox again, like I did while growing up in Chicago, because I've been able to listen to every game on my iPhone I can't watch, and follow everything else through social media. And now that White Sox Spring Training is at Camelback Ranch in Glendale, instead of Tucson or Sarasota, I've been able to go to numerous games and watch up close. This forum is honestly the first time I've heard anyone mention anything negative about Paulie. I'd like to know specific examples of what was said and when they happened, as well as the context of the incidents.

Last edited:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
:obama:
Is Human Garbage a super hero? Unless you didn't mean it as a proper noun...oh, I see...you think Paul Konerko is less than human. Well, since you're always right, I guess all of those thousands of fans, including myself, as well as Jerry Reinsdorf, who was willing to spend $37.5 million of his money and Kenny, who said, "he's a first-class person," must be wrong. Oh what a terrible mistake! You must want to abandon such a ship of fools. Well, good luck finding another team who won't disappoint you with signing such a loser like Paulie.

1) Since when does the amount of money a player makes determine his have or have-not of supremely dickish qualities?

2) Because the general manager of the Chicago fucking White Sox is going to go to the media and say "he's an asshole", right. :rolleyes:

3) Everything you say reeks of stupidity. Stick to the Facebook White Sox pages with your pud brethren.

The White Sox should sign some more human garbage then, if it's that good at baseball. :smug2:

Let's not go anointing Paul Konerko some baseball god. He's above average, that's it.

he had MVP numbers last year, ill take the risk, lol.

For as long as you've been on this board and have been seeing people unfathomably more intelligent than you speak about baseball, you still don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
1) Since when does the amount of money a player makes determine his have or have-not of supremely dickish qualities?

2) Because the general manager of the Chicago fucking White Sox is going to go to the media and say "he's an asshole", right. :rolleyes:

3) Everything you say reeks of stupidity. Stick to the Facebook White Sox pages with your pud brethren.

Lefty, you crack me up! :rolling:

ChicTownBoyJohn

Liked Posts:
Paul K is the face of that baseball team, and I'm sure no other team would give him more money if they felt maybe he won't have another great season.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
.280 .356 365 homeruns

that is a pretty good career, especially a guy who probably didnt use PEDs.

If the sox had a prospect and someone that can predict the future came down and told me that, that prospect would have those numbers...i would be very happy.

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
I think Lefty is just a grumpy old man. He makes me laugh! :lmao:

181d1291838669-paul-konerko-re-signs-sox-konerko-chicago-white-sox-logo-bkg2-jpg

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
also, above average is a bit of a stretch. Average is about right

no, now that is wrong. what are you guys basing this off of, the current konerko or are we looking at him as a whole (career)

again. .280 ba 356 OBP 365 Homeruns

Im sure when his career is over he will be in the 400's for homeruns, is his price too high? yes. but look at all these fuckers getting overpaid.

i wouldnt call him average.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
Im Basing that off the fact that he has lost a step the last couple of years and that i dont see him being of the the elite 1st basemen in 2011, do i disagree with the signing, no. Do I think he has had an awesome career for the Sox, without doubt. im just saying going into 2011 he will be an average, at best, 1st baseman. look at the players most similar through age 34 at the bottom of his Baseball-Reference.com page the only one who did anything is The Crime Dog

BTW as a Sox fan I love Konerko

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
Konerko is fine! He always signs. He's personable.

Here's a quote to back you up from the White Sox Facebook PK signed jersey contest page, regarding Paulie:

"Met him at hawks game during spring training in az! Gave my son an autograph and was sincerely impressed he is my sons favorite sox. Good things happen to good people! Paulie! Paulie!" - Pat Neylon

181d1291838669-paul-konerko-re-signs-sox-konerko-chicago-white-sox-logo-bkg2-jpg

PhotoChop by Chi Sox Nut

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Im Basing that off the fact that he has lost a step the last couple of years and that i dont see him being of the the elite 1st basemen in 2011, do i disagree with the signing, no. Do I think he has had an awesome career for the Sox, without doubt. im just saying going into 2011 he will be an average, at best, 1st baseman. look at the players most similar through age 34 at the bottom of his Baseball-Reference.com page the only one who did anything is The Crime Dog

BTW as a Sox fan I love Konerko

Yea, it sure helps when most of those players are either 34 right now or retired at the age of 34. :obama: