Paul Konerko Re Signs With Sox

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
Baseball reference only uses stat lines, they don't take into account whether they retired that offseason...

The players which most resemble Paul Konerkos stat line, at the same age, either have done bad or retired at that age, most players retire when they feel as though they cant play at the same level.

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
A quote I ran across, showing Paulie's value as a mentor and captain:

Gordon Beckham is ecstatic that Paul Konerko will be retuning to the South Side next season. Apparently it was Konerko who helped the White Sox second baseman through his toughest times in 2010, “He helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel. He helped me get perspective on the game.”

140662_white_sox_tigers_baseball.jpg

Lefty

Liked Posts:
A quote I ran across, showing Paulie's value as a mentor and captain:

Gordon Beckham is ecstatic that Paul Konerko will be retuning to the South Side next season. Apparently it was Konerko who helped the White Sox second baseman through his toughest times in 2010, “He helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel. He helped me get perspective on the game.”

140662_white_sox_tigers_baseball.jpg

None of that means or implies value. In fact, it doesn't even mention any specific (or general) aspect of baseball at all, just that Konerko helped Beckham "see the light at the end of the tunnel". That doesn't mean anything, and thus isn't specific value attributable to any one person.

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
None of that means or implies value. In fact, it doesn't even mention any specific (or general) aspect of baseball at all, just that Konerko helped Beckham "see the light at the end of the tunnel". That doesn't mean anything, and thus isn't specific value attributable to any one person.

Don't you have some puppies to kick? :smug2:

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
Have you Guys seen Bill James Projections for Konerko? ... .273/.361/.496 32 HR 96 RBI, I'd be ok with that

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's right around his career averages, which would be perfectly fine by me. I'm a little worried about the third, and possibly second, year of his deal, though.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's right around his career averages, which would be perfectly fine by me. I'm a little worried about the third, and possibly second, year of his deal, though.

Honestly, I feel his actual numbers may be lower than these projections, but I will happily take these numbers.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hell we could have had morel at 3b and vicideo playing 1b, so im trying to be optimistic. :)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Optimism is overrated, I want WINS!!!!!!

well so do i. you have to be somewhat encouraged with the sox going into 2011. i know we are all always negative, but we do have somethings to look forward to.

what is hidden in this offseason of dunn, paulie etc is the simple fact that KW finally took over as a GM and is building a team the way he wants and not letting little ozzie control the boat with his stupid ass ideas on players.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
well so do i. you have to be somewhat encouraged with the sox going into 2011. i know we are all always negative, but we do have somethings to look forward to.

what is hidden in this offseason of dunn, paulie etc is the simple fact that KW finally took over as a GM and is building a team the way he wants and not letting little ozzie control the boat with his stupid ass ideas on players.

I was halfway kidding, but behind every joke there is some truth; that truth, the Sox more often than not "look better on paper" than they play and its time for them to win and take that division by the balls. To your point about KW finally took over sometimes its hard to tell what is really going on at 35th and Shields with the circus that seems to surround the management of the team. Ozzie and Kenny have denied the claim that last years team was "Ozzies team" but its hard to argue that when it basically was an NL team playing in the AL.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was halfway kidding, but behind every joke there is some truth; that truth, the Sox more often than not "look better on paper" than they play and its time for them to win and take that division by the balls. To your point about KW finally took over sometimes its hard to tell what is really going on at 35th and Shields with the circus that seems to surround the management of the team. Ozzie and Kenny have denied the claim that last years team was "Ozzies team" but its hard to argue that when it basically was an NL team playing in the AL.

last year was ozzies year, ozzies nl style in the al and it failed, kw said now its my turn.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Indeed.