Payton: Cutler can be an elite quarterback

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't you realize that if our rushing attack averaged 3 more yards a game and Johnny knox was healthy, Cutler wouldn't have thrown those back breaking picks against Minnesota and we would have been in the playoffs?

Yeah, no shit. Cutler regresses in nearly every statistical category possible despite Brandon Marshall dry humping teams all season long and Cutler is absolved of blame because the Bears rushing attack scored more points than last year but ended up rushing for 3 less yards per game. Awesome standard.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
[video=youtube;DYlTpX9bNIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYlTpX9bNIs[/video]

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't you realize that if our rushing attack averaged 3 more yards a game and Johnny knox was healthy, Cutler wouldn't have thrown those back breaking picks against Minnesota and we would have been in the playoffs?

I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that if Johnny Knox was healthy, maybe YPA would have increased. No telling how that would have actually translated on the field with wins and such though.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that if Johnny Knox was healthy, maybe YPA would have increased. No telling how that would have actually translated on the field with wins and such though.
[video=youtube;Qw9oX-kZ_9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k[/video]

:gary:

:D.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Maybe....Maybe not. Knox hasn't really been that spectacular when he was healthy. At least not enough where I was thinking to my self last year "man if only we had Johnny Knox out there". Someone earlier used his injury as one of his points on why Cutler regressed. I'm sorry but if thats the leg you are going to stand on I am going to make sure to kick it out from under you.

Maybe Cutler's yards per attempt would have gone up. But I don't think hi addition would have brought more 3-4 WR sets, his addition wouldn't have taken away a lot of those bad throws. The only factor is the o-line maybe more time or less max protect would have helped Cutler out but that still doesn't take away the awful INT's he threw.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe....Maybe not. Knox hasn't really been that spectacular when he was healthy. At least not enough where I was thinking to my self last year "man if only we had Johnny Knox out there". Someone earlier used his injury as one of his points on why Cutler regressed. I'm sorry but if thats the leg you are going to stand on I am going to make sure to kick it out from under you.

Maybe Cutler's yards per attempt would have gone up. But I don't think hi addition would have brought more 3-4 WR sets, his addition wouldn't have taken away a lot of those bad throws. The only factor is the o-line maybe more time or less max protect would have helped Cutler out but that still doesn't take away the awful INT's he threw.

I agree. I'm not saying that he would have been all the difference. I would think that YPA would increase, because Knox has put up pretty good YPC stats. I can't remember what game it was, but the one where Forte lined up at WR and caught the slant for a TD? Another healthy WR would have made a difference there, as Knox is clearly better than Weems and Sanzenbacher.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree. I'm not saying that he would have been all the difference. I would think that YPA would increase, because Knox has put up pretty good YPC stats. I can't remember what game it was, but the one where Forte lined up at WR and caught the slant for a TD? Another healthy WR would have made a difference there, as Knox is clearly better than Weems and Sanzenbacher.

Obviously, but why do these names keep getting thrown around as though they played a ton. You're talking about two guys that combined for 3 catches on the season. Sanzenbacher only played in 4 games. Weems in 12 and he started 1...and most of those 12 games he played in were on special teams and not him lining up as a WR. Bennett, Hester, Jeffery, and Marshall was the main receiving corp combination this season for the most part and while I think Knox is better than Hester I'm not sure having him would have increased Cutlers YPA or YPC by any truly statistically significant value.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously, but why do these names keep getting thrown around as though they played a ton. You're talking about two guys that combined for 3 catches on the season. Sanzenbacher only played in 4 games. Weems in 12 and he started 1...and most of those 12 games he played in were on special teams and not him lining up as a WR. Bennett, Hester, Jeffery, and Marshall was the main receiving corp combination this season for the most part and while I think Knox is better than Hester I'm not sure having him would have increased Cutlers YPA or YPC by any truly statistically significant value.

I bring them up for the specific game I was talking about. When Bennett got hurt, Hester was hurt, and Jeffrey was already hurt. I agree that having Knox would not have significantly improved anything. Was just saying I think it would have improved it, not fixed our offense or anything like that. I think had he been healthy though, Marshall and Knox would have started the season, which who knows how that would have turned out.

dondraper

Remember when fools were saying Sean Payton would leave the saints and come to the bears. Rofl those were the days