I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ha I was told by some on here Darnell Wright isn’t any good. Yet, he’s our best lineman and he’s played all of 3 games in his career

The guy is a stud and will only get better and better as the year goes on

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ha I was told by some on here Darnell Wright isn’t any good. Yet, he’s our best lineman and he’s played all of 3 games in his career

The guy is a stud and will only get better and better as the year goes
@Montucky thinks he's below average but Montucky is an idiot though so

Montucky

Liked Posts:
At the end of the day if he was good then Ryan Poles wouldn't have drafted him. Can't argue with that. Guys a bum. Next stop: glue factory.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
UPDATED WEEK 6 GRADES AND STATS. (Also updated on page 1 of thread)

PFF Offensive Lineman Grades

After Week 6:

Darnell Wright
Snaps: 379
Penalties: 3
Sacks Allowed: 4
Grade: 70.4 +3.1

Cody Whitehair
Snaps: 352
Penalties: 1
Sacks Allowed: 2
Grade: 43.2 -8.2

Lucas Patrick
Snaps: 290
Penalties: 3
Sacks Allowed: 0
Grade: 46.7 +2.7

Larry Borom
Snaps: 253
Penalties: 2
Sacks Allowed: 2
Grade: 50.1 -13.1

Nate Davis:
Snaps: 220
Penalties: 0
Grade: 55.6 +7

Ja'Tyre Carter
Snaps: 170
Penalties: 1
Sacks Allowed: 1
Grade: 50.9 +6.4

Braxton Jones
Snaps: 126
Penalties: 5
Sacks Allowed: 1
Grade: 63.2 --

Teven Jenkins
Snaps: 103
Grade: 59.4 --

Dan Feeney
Snaps: 2
Grade: 60.0 --

Average Grade for top 5 OL with most snaps: 53.2 -0.88
Average Grade for all OL over 10% of snaps: 54.94 +0.34

Other Significant Stats

Total Sacks Allowed: 25 (30th in League)
Sack Percentage: 12.4% (30th in League)
Pass Attempts: 176 (24th in League)
Total Dropbacks: 201

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The legendary Dan Feeney remains perfect. All is right with the world #SuperBearsSuperBowl

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Some of my observations after week 6

- A rookie, Darnell Wright is currently the only OLimeman with a passing grade with 70.4.

- Everyone else outside of Wright and injured Braxton Jones are graded under 60.0.

- Our Line in general did not show any signs of improvement from the first 3 weeks. We graded about the same with an average score of 53. We are still 30th in both sacks allowed and sacks per dropback percentage.

- Cody Whitehair is officially washed up. He has had a good career here, but outside of being a backup guard it is time to see what else we have.

- I was hoping our OLine would stabalize with the return of Teven Jenkins and Nate Davis. But both haven't performed at a high enough level at this point and Davis has re-injured himself.

- With Davis out for a few weeks with an ankle sprain and Braxton Jones still out for a mysterious amount of time, the Bears are again down 2 starting OLineman.

- It will be interesting to see if the Line improves with Tyson "Hot Potato" Bagent at QB. Afterall he gets rid of the ball really quickly.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The pass blocking ratings will improve with Bagent because of his quick releases. But it remains to be seen if the offense will be better.
Jenkins is damn good in run blocking. Sucks to lose Davis just as he was getting started (finally). Amazing that Poles has somehow amassed 3 C’s in the roster but 1 can’t snap, the other is soft & injured and Feeney gets zero playing time.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cody Whitehair is playing out of position. Patrick is fkn terrible.

Larry Borom (I’ve said a few times ). Looked light years better than Jones in pass protection anyway. “Not a scheme for” for a scheme the offensive coordinator refuses to call plays around lmao.

And lastly, with all due respect to the dead, what the actual fuck Nate Davis are you kidding me? Or no balls Fluser? What are we doing with this guy?

Poles ignored the middle of the offensive line when anyone with eyes can see we have needed a center for years. Velus Jones over Abraham Lucas. Yes I know he’sa tackle, gotta burn him on this pick

Lastly lastly, you’ve let the quarterback get hit so much that yes, 3/4 of the sacks are on him.

The offensive line has been surprisingly better. That’s sad because they’re not good, they just don’t suck as much snap to snap.
I consider the fact Fields takes extra sacks because he thinks it's too late by time he notices his line is basically out of his frontal vision, that he has to worry about a rusher causing a turnover from behind him, so he just ducks and move to where he can.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Some of my observations after week 6

- A rookie, Darnell Wright is currently the only OLimeman with a passing grade with 70.4.

- Everyone else outside of Wright and injured Braxton Jones are graded under 60.0.

- Our Line in general did not show any signs of improvement from the first 3 weeks. We graded about the same with an average score of 53. We are still 30th in both sacks allowed and sacks per dropback percentage.

- Cody Whitehair is officially washed up. He has had a good career here, but outside of being a backup guard it is time to see what else we have.

- I was hoping our OLine would stabalize with the return of Teven Jenkins and Nate Davis. But both haven't performed at a high enough level at this point and Davis has re-injured himself.

- With Davis out for a few weeks with an ankle sprain and Braxton Jones still out for a mysterious amount of time, the Bears are again down 2 starting OLineman.

- It will be interesting to see if the Line improves with Tyson "Hot Potato" Bagent at QB. Afterall he gets rid of the ball really quickly.
Totally fucked up how we have a hole @ RG because Daivs isnt that guy, because Poles was fucking around with Jenkins emotions.. (y):poop: Poles.

Once again.. we need what we been needed since the last 2or3 seasons.
LT, Center & LG.
Move Jenkins back to RG where he's elite. they fucked this up big time.

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
does pff grade shotgun snaps?..

giphy.gif

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
I think both, D-line O-line coaches are pathetic. I don't see any improvement in lines play. Do you?

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think both, D-line O-line coaches are pathetic. I don't see any improvement in line play. Do you?
What does a defensive line coach really coach? "Uh yeah see that guy with the ball? Try and take his head off" or "Beat your double team idk"...there are a few things like stunts and some of these rushers can drop back into coverage when asked but ultimately it ain't much of a job. A defensive line coach is going to look as good as the talent he's coaching pretty much every time.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
The pitch might actually be the QB misreading give vs. keep. The Bears run a bunch of this GT counter play and if Fields keeps it the Bears have a numbers advantage of blockers on the right side and theres a pretty big hole between the OLB and DE on the right side of the D. I obviously dont know the specific playcall here but weve seen this run where Fields keeps it, if pulling it was an option here Fields should have read the 3v4 on the left side of the line presnap and seen the pitch to a RB who has been on the team 5 days was probably DOA there.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

The guy is a stud and will only get better and better as the year goes on
Wait, what?

So you are blaming Wright for three of their losses?

Seeing that the Bears played 6 games this season, Wright playing "all of 3 games in his career" means that he was major-league loafing on the other 3 games.

Shame on him for loafing or shame on you for badmouthing your own team's best O lineman.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The pass blocking ratings will improve with Bagent because of his quick releases. But it remains to be seen if the offense will be better.
Jenkins is damn good in run blocking. Sucks to lose Davis just as he was getting started (finally). Amazing that Poles has somehow amassed 3 C’s in the roster but 1 can’t snap, the other is soft & injured and Feeney gets zero playing time.
Don't forget about Kramer. He is probably better than washed-up and injured-and-bad, so he should be able to make it to the 53.