I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, and I didn't. So what is your point? Or are you happy with the Center play on the pathetic Bears O-line?
because you literally responded to his post about there being no quality tackles with nonsense about a lions player being able to play both guard spots and center. what was your point with that statement??? are you that branedead???

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
because you literally responded to his post about there being no quality tackles with nonsense about a lions player being able to play both guard spots and center. what was your point with that statement??? are you that branedead???
My first post wasn't a response to anyone.
It was a relevant post in a thread titled "PFF offensive Lineman grades"
Newsflash, Glasgow was an offensive lineman available in FA.
He responded to me.
Again, try harder, you are just not very good at this.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My first post wasn't a response to anyone.
It was a relevant post in a thread titled "PFF offensive Lineman grades"
Newsflash, Glasgow was an offensive lineman available in FA.
He responded to me.
Again, try harder, you are just not very good at this.
i wasnt referring to your first post, dumb dumb. fact is you responded to someone talking about tackles with a post about guards.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the fact is he responded to you talking about tackles after you posted about a guard/center.

FIFY dumb dumb
I then clarified Glasgow could also play Center, not just guard.
is the Center position an area of need for the Bears?
Now, who is the dumb dumb?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think both, D-line O-line coaches are pathetic. I don't see any improvement in lines play. Do you?
There's absolutely zero talent on the offensive line.

Whitehair predictably regressed very quickly. But everyone and their grandma knew Whitehair had a history of bad snaps. Whitehair back at center went as wrong as predicted.

Lucas Patrick is trash.

When Nate Davis is playing his best football he's average at best.

The primary backup is a seventh round pick. We've seen Carter before, he used to be known as Josh Beekman and Lance Louis.

Larry Borom and Braxton Jones are both trash.

So you have one player who can't snap the ball, one player who doesn't care and had character concerns per Mike Vrabel in Tennessee. Two players who are trash and a primary backup who is equally bad. That's zero talent for the coaches to work with. That's on the GM.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
FIFY dumb dumb
you clearly are the dumb dumb becasue you are still going on about positions that are not tackles, the topic of discussion from the poster you responded to

ColumbusRod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Detroit Tigers
  1. Dallas Mavericks
  1. Cleveland Browns
  1. Detroit Red Wings
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
Glasgow can play right guard, left guard, and Center.
Yeah, we get it, the Lions are making the right choices/picks, and we are making terrible choices/picks. That's pretty obvious. Poles may be over his head here, as a GM. What does an "Executive director of player personnel" do? Was he any good at it? Was he in demand for other GM positions? He started off great, stripping down the roster, but his picks have been missing, and signing the 2 linebackers, after letting Smith go, and letting Monty go. I hate to say it, but Poles needs to go, and we start over again.

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
I was making the statement that the Bears did focus on improving the OL, but there were no quality tackles available, so it was more limited. He could have gone after both a center and guard, rather than just guard, but many of us thought we could do ok with Whitehair and/or Patrick for a year (little did we know they both suck as much as Mustipher did).

Problem has been injuries this year. Jones, Jenkins, Davis, and Wright all have performed well. Problem is they all haven't been healthy at the same time. Now add in the center debacle and poor blocking scheme coaching and games are a roller coaster along the line.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's kind of infuriating that Borom looks better than anyone else this regime has brought in through FA

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I was making the statement that the Bears did focus on improving the OL, but there were no quality tackles available, so it was more limited. He could have gone after both a center and guard, rather than just guard, but many of us thought we could do ok with Whitehair and/or Patrick for a year (little did we know they both suck as much as Mustipher did).

Problem has been injuries this year. Jones, Jenkins, Davis, and Wright all have performed well. Problem is they all haven't been healthy at the same time. Now add in the center debacle and poor blocking scheme coaching and games are a roller coaster along the line.
If you wouldn't rather have Kaleb McGary or Mike McGlinchey and Jalen Carter instead of just Darnell Wright you are delusional.

Also, Braxton Jones sucked ass before getting hurt. Larry Borom has honestly been an improvement, or worst case about the same.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FIFY dumb dumb

His grade last year was 59.3 hence why he was available for 2.5m.

Hindsight is such a stupid way to judge things. This is his highest graded season every so no I dont think it is reasonable to pretend this was expected of him.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
His grade last year was 59.3 hence why he was available for 2.5m.

Hindsight is such a stupid way to judge things. This is his highest graded season every so no I dont think it is reasonable to pretend this was expected of him.
Crazy thought: maybe they did their own actual scouting instead of just blindly believing in some number cranked out by some cricket fan locked in a basement watching a sport he doesn't understanding for four dollars a day.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Suffice it to say Poles and Fluss both suck at evaluating OL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Crazy thought: maybe they did their own actual scouting instead of just blindly believing in some number cranked out by some cricket fan locked in a basement watching a sport he doesn't understanding for four dollars a day.

Cool story but if he was considered as good as he is playing then his price would have been higher as multiple teams would recognize his value and compete for his services.

So it is perfectly obvious that most NFL teams did not have him valued as the the 3rd best G in the NFL. They has him valued as a fringe starter/backup likely because he actually didnt play well last year.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
So where does our offensive line rate overall? 20th? 25th? Don't tell me last place?
I think you could make a case we are somewhere in that range of 20th-25th. Considering our Rushing offense is top 5-10 in the league, it helps balance out our putrid pass blocking ability which is 30th/31st in sacks allowed per dropback.

But, I'm far more concerned with our pass blocking. We've beeb near dead last in the league from when Nagy was the coach. It would be nice if we gave our QB some time to prove thenselves on the field.