nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool story but if he was considered as good as he is playing then his price would have been higher as multiple teams would recognize his value and compete for his services.

So it is perfectly obvious that most NFL teams did not have him valued as the the 3rd best G in the NFL. They has him valued as a fringe starter/backup likely because he actually didnt play well last year.
It happens when you play between an all-pro tackle and an all pro center.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His grade last year was 59.3 hence why he was available for 2.5m.

Hindsight is such a stupid way to judge things. This is his highest graded season every so no I dont think it is reasonable to pretend this was expected of him.
Hindsight is the only way to judge things if a FA signing was good or bad.

Ryan Poles signed Nate Davis on May 15 to a 3 year 30 million dollar contract.
Brad Holmes signed Graham Glasgow on May 16 to a 1 year 2.5 mil contract

Holmes > Poles

Again

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Are really this stupid? I already noted he is the 3rd rated G this year. The point is he sucked last year hence why he was available for so cheap.

So no his performance this year was not foreseeable based on his performance in previous years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Holmes > Poles

Again

Yes and he did so because Davis' market value was higher owing to his having a better season last year.

The Lions got lucky is all. We know they got lucky because if they really thought Glasglow was a top 3 guard they would have signed him for more than 1 year and for more than 2.5m.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes and he did so because Davis' market value was higher owing to his having a better season last year.

The Lions got lucky is all. We know they got lucky because if they really thought Glasglow was a top 3 guard they would have signed him for more than 1 year and for more than 2.5m.
Do you know what happens when you sign a player based off of purely last years production?

Meet Tremain Edmunds

Holmes > Poles

/end debate

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's only when a true Bears fan say so.. You only serving as Pinata.

Odd, from my perspective it is clearly the Bears that are the Pinata.
Pour another glass of copium.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you know what happens when you sign a player based off of purely last years production?

Meet Tremain Edmunds

Holmes > Poles

/end debate

No one was debating who was the better GM jackass. The topic was whonwas available in FA that was good. I simply told you that Glasglow played poorly last year and that is why he only signed a 1 year deal for 2.5m. The end.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kaleb McGary never made it to free agency last year.
I was making the statement that the Bears did focus on improving the OL, but there were no quality tackles available, so it was more limited. He could have gone after both a center and guard, rather than just guard, but many of us thought we could do ok with Whitehair and/or Patrick for a year (little did we know they both suck as much as Mustipher did).

Problem has been injuries this year. Jones, Jenkins, Davis, and Wright all have performed well. Problem is they all haven't been healthy at the same time. Now add in the center debacle and poor blocking scheme coaching and games are a roller coaster along the line.
Davis was damn good in the limited amount of time he played.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Kaleb McGary never made it to free agency last year.

Davis was damn good in the limited amount of time he played.
I'm pretty certain mcgary did make it to FA. Then signed much cheaper than expected because teams clearly didn't value him

Edit: he never technically made it to FA in that he re-signed before March 15 but he definitely was able to test the market as he was still available during the legal tampering window but decided to stay in atl at a fraction of what people thought he'd get paid which is a reflection of what other teams thought of him.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty certain mcgary did make it to FA. Then signed much cheaper than expected because teams clearly didn't value him
I thought he agreed to resign during the tampering period? I could be wrong though

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Holmes > Poles

Again

Looking that way.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
*UPDATED ON FRONT PAGE*

PFF Offensive Lineman Grades

After Week 10:

Darnell Wright
Snaps: 650
Penalties: 6
Sacks Allowed: 5
Grade: 63.1 -7.3

Cody Whitehair
Snaps: 628
Penalties: 2
Sacks Allowed: 3
Grade: 44.7 +1.5

Lucas Patrick
Snaps: 563
Penalties: 7
Sacks Allowed: 0
Grade: 46.7 +2.2

Larry Borom
Snaps: 406
Penalties: 5
Sacks Allowed: 3
Grade: 49.5 -0.6

Teven Jenkins
Snaps: 379
Penalties: 2
Grade: 72.0 +12.6

Braxton Jones
Snaps: 249
Penalties: 7
Sacks Allowed: 1
Grade: 61.5 - 1.7

Nate Davis:
Snaps: 220
Penalties: 0
Grade: 55.6 +/- 0.0

Ja'Tyre Carter
Snaps: 175
Penalties: 1
Sacks Allowed: 1
Grade: 49.0 -1.9

Dan Feeney
Snaps: 3
Penalties: 0
Grade: 60.0 --

Average Grade for top 5 OL with most snaps: 55.2 +2.00
Average Grade for all OL over 10% of snaps: 55.26. + 0.32

Other Significant Stats

Total Sacks Allowed: 30 (26th in League)
Sack Percentage: 9.0% (27th in League)
Pass Attempts: 305 (26th in League)
Total Dropbacks: 335

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Observations:

- Teven Jenkins has really performed well since coming back. Going to be interesting to see how he performs thevrest of the year and which side he and Nate Davis end up best on.

- Darnell Wright - has dropped off a little. I think that Saints game was a bit rough for him. Overall still a good rookie year. Would prefer Teven to stay on the right and build good chemistry beside Wright

- Despite the OL only slightly improving their average, in the last 4 games the team has only allowed 5 sacks. I honestly think alot of that has to do with Bagent more than the OLine. Afterall, the OLine has been slowly getting healthier and was still a bit of patchwork. Now thet are fully healthy and Fields is back at starter it will be interesting to see if this trend of less sacks allowed continues.

- Will the grades improve and more sacks over the next four game span? That will not look good for Justin if so. To me, it will solodify the opinion that Justin eats too many sacks and does not get rid of the ball quick enough.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Observations:

- Teven Jenkins has really performed well since coming back. Going to be interesting to see how he performs thevrest of the year and which side he and Nate Davis end up best on.

- Darnell Wright - has dropped off a little. I think that Saints game was a bit rough for him. Overall still a good rookie year. Would prefer Teven to stay on the right and build good chemistry beside Wright

- Despite the OL only slightly improving their average, in the last 4 games the team has only allowed 5 sacks. I honestly think alot of that has to do with Bagent more than the OLine. Afterall, the OLine has been slowly getting healthier and was still a bit of patchwork. Now thet are fully healthy and Fields is back at starter it will be interesting to see if this trend of less sacks allowed continues.

- Will the grades improve and more sacks over the next four game span? That will not look good for Justin if so. To me, it will solodify the opinion that Justin eats too many sacks and does not get rid of the ball quick enough.
Spot on. Fields coming back and hesitating to pull the trigger might make the o-line look worse. The Lions' d-line isn't a slouch but we should be able to handle them alright with a healthy line. Short of an early DJ Moore injury there really shouldn't be any excuses for Justin if he can't get it done.

Not saying we should win but we should be able to move the ball through the air a bit.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Observations:

You mean the guy playing with only 1 good arm has had his play drop off? This is some serious crazy talk.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Spot on. Fields coming back and hesitating to pull the trigger might make the o-line look worse. The Lions' d-line isn't a slouch but we should be able to handle them alright with a healthy line. Short of an early DJ Moore injury there really shouldn't be any excuses for Justin if he can't get it done.

Not saying we should win but we should be able to move the ball through the air a bit.

The Lion's Defense is averaging 2.3 Sacks per game, which is in the bottom third of the league. If the Bears and Fields revert to their 4.0 Sacks allowed average against them in their two games against each other it will be a strong indictment in itself.