CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He's not wrong.
Like always, who they get matched up with in a first round plays a massive factor

sure, if they get the bucks again in the first round, yeah it’s likely a first round exit

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Like always, who they get matched up with in a first round plays a massive factor

sure, if they get the bucks again in the first round, yeah it’s likely a first round exit
Well yes, technically they might not ever see Giannis and the Bucks in the playoffs. What I think the larger point here is the need for a Tier 1 superstar like Giannis (I'm going to give him that status despite knowing there's a few - maybe you? - that disagree with that) to get through a team like the Bucks.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well yes, technically they might not ever see Giannis and the Bucks in the playoffs. What I think the larger point here is the need for a Tier 1 superstar like Giannis (I'm going to give him that status despite knowing there's a few - maybe you? - that disagree with that) to get through a team like the Bucks.
Giannis is def tier 1 star status. I don’t see how anyone could argue that really.

Thing is, the east isn’t exactly loaded with those tier 1 superstars, though

you got Giannis, Embiid in Philly, and Durant in Brooklyn(and its possible he gets moved).

that’s really about it

jimmy is great in Miami, so is Tatum in Boston, but I don’t think many consider them tier 1 superstars. They do play on very good teams to be sure, though

what the first round matchup ends up being, and what the injury situation is will go a long ways to determining if the bulls get out of the first round or not. I don’t think anyone can say much with any certainty right now.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think Bulls will beat any of the Top 4 teams in the East.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Giannis is def tier 1 star status. I don’t see how anyone could argue that really.

Thing is, the east isn’t exactly loaded with those tier 1 superstars, though

you got Giannis, Embiid in Philly, and Durant in Brooklyn(and its possible he gets moved).

that’s really about it

jimmy is great in Miami, so is Tatum in Boston, but I don’t think many consider them tier 1 superstars. They do play on very good teams to be sure, though

what the first round matchup ends up being, and what the injury situation is will go a long ways to determining if the bulls get out of the first round or not. I don’t think anyone can say much with any certainty right now.
I generally agree with you here. It's about the matchups in the first round, and then letting the superstars take over the further you go. Why he's using the Bucks as the example here is that Giannis is arguably the top superstar in the East, and a former champion. So that's a hill to get over.

I think he's also making a division rival connection here, even though in 2022 the divisions really don't mean as much as they once did. Nobody should really be celebrating a division title.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hear Ja Morant wants a piece of Scotty, but he's waiting for the osteoporosis to work its magic.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean, in a 7 game series there's a relatively low chance the Bulls beat the Bucks so Scottie ain't wrong. Star power is in the Bucks favor and it'd take a 100% fully healthy and on top of their game Bulls to take them out imo.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s a reinsdorf team. It’s only built to make the playoffs. It’s not built to legitimately challenge any legit contenders

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
It just Wisconsin owning the whole state of Illinois.

Bucks>>>>>>>>bulls
Packers>>>>>>>bears
Brewers>>>>>>>cubs
Badgers>>>>>>Northwestern/Illinois

Wisconsin is your Daddy!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It just Wisconsin owning the whole state of Illinois.

Bucks>>>>>>>>bulls
Packers>>>>>>>bears
Brewers>>>>>>>cubs
Badgers>>>>>>Northwestern/Illinois

Wisconsin is your Daddy!
Yeah but Goose Island >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miller and Pabst so...

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Yeah but Goose Island >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miller and Pabst so...
So, you think Miller and Pabst are the only breweries in Milwaukee, much less Wisconsin?

I can think of at least 15 breweries in Milwaukee alone that are better than Goose Island. Last time I had a Goose Island beer was in the 90's. Never went back, a little too fruity for me.

Check out some of the beers at Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee. Lakefront Brewery started about a year before Goose Island and is way larger today. I've been drinking Lakefront since I was kid in 1987. In the late 80's I became friends with the 2 cats that started it.

But yeah, Chicago will never compete with Milwaukee and all of Wisconsin for beer. They don't call it The Beer Capital Of The World for nothing.

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So, you think Miller and Pabst are the only breweries in Milwaukee, much less Wisconsin?

I can think of at least 15 breweries in Milwaukee alone that are better than Goose Island. Last time I had a Goose Island beer was in the 90's. Never went back, a little too fruity for me.

Check out some of the beers at Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee. Lakefront Brewery started about a year before Goose Island and is way larger today. I've been drinking Lakefront since I was kid in 1987. In the late 80's I became friends with the 2 cats the started it.

But yeah, Chicago will never compete with Milwaukee and all of Wisconsin for beer. They don't call it The Beer Capital Of The World for nothing.

You need a sarcasm detector lol.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Check out some of the beers at Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee. Lakefront Brewery started about a year before Goose Island and is way larger today. I've been drinking Lakefront since I was kid in 1987. In the late 80's I became friends with the 2 cats that started it.

Oh sorry was this a serious conversation? I thought you were just trolling so I trolled back

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
You need a sarcasm detector lol.
I actually agree with him about Goose Island being a better overall beer than Miller or Pabst. I don't drink Miller or Pabst. I don't drink Goose Island either, but I would order a Goose Island before I would a Miller or Pabst.

Too many better beers to choose from in Wisconsin to waste time on Miller, Pabst, or Goose Island swill.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif