Pippen doesn’t think the Bulls can beat the Bucks

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I personally think the first half of the season was fools gold. Pretty weak schedule overall and a lot of games were won by some crazy DeMar heroics that likely won’t be replicated.

Lonzo coming back will help for sure but odds are he won’t stay healthy. Never had in his career. Even despite lonzo being out, the way the Bulls played after the all star break can’t be excused by injuries. It was some of the worst basketball I’ve had to watch in my life, especially considering the talent they had on the floor. It was possibly worse than Boylen ball because boylen didn’t have DeMar, Vuc, Williams, Ayo etc.

All in all, barring a gigantic leap from Pat, this is likely a 40-45 win team with no real chance in the east.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I agree with weak schedule but the chemistry looked really good and defense was far better than expected. It was only after Lonzo and Caruso got that we had to rely on DeRozan so heavy, which destroyed any offensive flow.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller High Life is a very weak beer for taste. Not much alcohol content there either. A pretty standard commercial beer content of 4.6. More of a corn on the cob flavored soda. Not really my jam, but to each their own.

Had a nice Eastside Dark with a late dinner tonite. The perfect compliment to a grilled chicken salad.

Eastside Dark honors the Eastside of Milwaukee. Anyone that knows anything about Milwaukee, knows that the Eastside is the eclectic side of the city.
View attachment 21449

Oh yeah, and the Bulls still suck!
View attachment 21450
Also they misspelled schwarzbier.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally think the first half of the season was fools gold. Pretty weak schedule overall and a lot of games were won by some crazy DeMar heroics that likely won’t be replicated.

Lonzo coming back will help for sure but odds are he won’t stay healthy. Never had in his career. Even despite lonzo being out, the way the Bulls played after the all star break can’t be excused by injuries. It was some of the worst basketball I’ve had to watch in my life, especially considering the talent they had on the floor. It was possibly worse than Boylen ball because boylen didn’t have DeMar, Vuc, Williams, Ayo etc.

All in all, barring a gigantic leap from Pat, this is likely a 40-45 win team with no real chance in the east.
Looking like a rotten core anyhow.

Like, don’t blow it up now but Lavine/Williams/Ball…

What are the odds of that trio making it through a season healthy?

Dosunmo is a wild card who can replace a lot of what Ball provides, especially were Caruso(also injury wild card?) his side kick(back-up).

Something to think about but the reason we all feel angst despite loving this team is that the best trade ideas long term usually look like DeRozan and Vucevic, who are the only guys who stay healthy, with Lavine, Williams, Ball, Caruso looking like they all run like a high octane British automobile.

I wish we signed an MLE like Warren if only for trade ammo, roster value shuffling.

I would look for high peaks to sell from your injury deck…Caruso/Ball/Lavine/Williams

But not this year. Let this year flow out. Take a crazy strong offer but trust all 4 will return to peak value beyond 2023 at some point. Look then at state of franchise before a panic Lavine move is necessary.

Like he’s our best chance at a chip but don’t hold on too long if a chance doesn’t materialize in free agency or trades the next 2-3 years.

These days the players will let you know what’s possible at some point. Like they opt out emotionally and it’s over.

It’s hard to captain these relationships for long these days it’s seems. Healthy rosters keep turning over fresh meat and producing good players every year…but an all-star relationship necessary for it all seem to burn the tinder too fast most times.

We are in good shape we just need a desperate old guy or two at the deadline or get a big surprise from Dosummo and Williams becoming all-stars in house.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Above needs a short version.

I like what AK did here. Dosunmo miracle draft fall probably covers the first round pick luck of being a pick behind the good shit when he’s had them.

Give this build a twirl and blow it up fast.

Williams and Dosunmo development are key.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kevin Durant - The same guy who played 35 and 55 games the past two seasons? The tier one superstar who only won 1 championship with GS and hasn’t been able to win much of anything before and since. Is that the guy who will propel the Bulls to a championship at 34 years old after the Bulls gut their roster to get him? Sounds like a lot of fantasy to me
I thought he won 2?

Durant IMO is certainly on the downside, but only when it comes to injuries, when he plays, he's very much still superstar worthy. I haven't seen a decrease in his ability yet. Though, certainly could come.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I mean first half they were healthy combined with a weaker schedule. They just seemed to lose all their mojo after the injuries, and after it became stand around a look at DeMar.

Lonzo being out for the year also just sucked the oxygen out of the room it seemed. The players likely knew before we knew as well. Granted, one shouldn't allow their teams chemistry and motivation to be based solely on Lonzo Ball.

Even with a healthy Lonzo, I don't see this team as anything more than having a ceiling of 2nd round. They won't go beyond that.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I thought he won 2?

Durant IMO is certainly on the downside, but only when it comes to injuries, when he plays, he's very much still superstar worthy. I haven't seen a decrease in his ability yet. Though, certainly could come.
You’re right, he did win 2. My mistake.