Pippen doesn’t think the Bulls can beat the Bucks

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I actually agree with him about Goose Island being a better overall beer than Miller or Pabst. I don't drink Miller or Pabst. I don't drink Goose Island either, but I would order a Goose Island before I would a Miller or Pabst.

Too many better beers to choose from in Wisconsin to waste time on Miller, Pabst, or Goose Island swill.
You get allot of the west side of Michigan beers coming into Wisconsin?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Well yes, technically they might not ever see Giannis and the Bucks in the playoffs. What I think the larger point here is the need for a Tier 1 superstar like Giannis (I'm going to give him that status despite knowing there's a few - maybe you? - that disagree with that) to get through a team like the Bucks.

Who they giving up to obtain that tier one guy though? Let's say it's Durant. Who do you give to get?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Who they giving up to obtain that tier one guy though? Let's say it's Durant. Who do you give to get?
Kevin Durant - The same guy who played 35 and 55 games the past two seasons? The tier one superstar who only won 1 championship with GS and hasn’t been able to win much of anything before and since. Is that the guy who will propel the Bulls to a championship at 34 years old after the Bulls gut their roster to get him? Sounds like a lot of fantasy to me

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I actually agree with him about Goose Island being a better overall beer than Miller or Pabst. I don't drink Miller or Pabst. I don't drink Goose Island either, but I would order a Goose Island before I would a Miller or Pabst.

Too many better beers to choose from in Wisconsin to waste time on Miller, Pabst, or Goose Island swill.
If we're talking craft beer than this statement is amazingly dumb. Portland, Austin, Grand fucking Rapids, Ashville, and oh by the way, Chicago, all produce much better quality craft beer than Wisconsin.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
JMO, but there is nobody on this current Bulls roster that is untradeable.

In your example of Durant, assuming the Nets made no other moves elsewhere, you're probably looking at Patrick Williams, Ayo, and one of LaVine or DD, and a whole bunch of draft picks.

But what's left over still only tops out at the 4th seed at best. The best bet for the Bulls, as it stands right now, to get one of the Tier 1 superstars is through the draft and development, as in the case of Kawhi (not that I would ever put him in that Tier 1 category, I just mean that trajectory).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
@Heidenlarm help us out here. I know my beer, but I'm the Phillip Rivers to your Peyton Manning.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Heidenlarm help us out here. I know my beer, but I'm the Phillip Rivers to your Peyton Manning.
I'll drink a High Life or PBR, before drinking Goose. PN's general sentiment isn't really wrong, there are much better options than Pabst, Miller, and Goose in Wisconsin, however, the same can be said for every postal code in the entire world. It's really not going too far out on a limb.

Where he is completely and absolutely wrong though is: it's not a waste of time. Any time you got a beer in front you is a good time, regardless of what's in front of us. Hell, it could even be a Stella.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also working in the industry has really curbed my intake of new stuff, it's easy to just drink what you're around. Plus, the beer world as a whole seemingly gets more and more trendy all the time. I mean it's been that way over a decade, but it just seems to get worse as time goes on. I couldn't give a flying fuck about the newest hype beer. Pastry stouts, milkshake IPAs, "fruited" sours... Ugh I'll just take a High Life.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Wisconsin has the highest alcoholic rate of all the states. They got that going for them

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I'm beside myself that Pippen would say something obvious like this.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'll drink a High Life or PBR, before drinking Goose. PN's general sentiment isn't really wrong, there are much better options than Pabst, Miller, and Goose in Wisconsin, however, the same can be said for every postal code in the entire world. It's really not going too far out on a limb.

Where he is completely and absolutely wrong though is: it's not a waste of time. Any time you got a beer in front you is a good time, regardless of what's in front of us. Hell, it could even be a Stella.
Well you're not helping my argument here. I'm saying this: Find a group of people and given them any 5 WI craft beers and put them up against stuff from Phase 3, Hop Butcher, Pipeworks, Revolution, and Maplewood and there is no way that WI would win.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well you're not helping my argument here. I'm saying this: Find a group of people and given them any 5 WI craft beers and put them up against stuff from Phase 3, Hop Butcher, Pipeworks, Revolution, and Maplewood and there is no way that WI would win.
You're not helping your argument when you mention Hop Butcher and Phase 3 :p At least Pipeworks got better over time.

You're talking to a cranky, jaded, old curmudgeon who hates hazy IPAs.

I'll say this though, Spotted Cow is one of the most overrated beers ever. Moon Man on the other hand, well, I could drink case upon case of that stuff.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Also working in the industry has really curbed my intake of new stuff, it's easy to just drink what you're around. Plus, the beer world as a whole seemingly gets more and more trendy all the time. I mean it's been that way over a decade, but it just seems to get worse as time goes on. I couldn't give a flying fuck about the newest hype beer. Pastry stouts, milkshake IPAs, "fruited" sours... Ugh I'll just take a High Life.
Miller High Life is a very weak beer for taste. Not much alcohol content there either. A pretty standard commercial beer content of 4.6. More of a corn on the cob flavored soda. Not really my jam, but to each their own.

Had a nice Eastside Dark with a late dinner tonite. The perfect compliment to a grilled chicken salad.

Eastside Dark honors the Eastside of Milwaukee. Anyone that knows anything about Milwaukee, knows that the Eastside is the eclectic side of the city.
beer-1354_c6780_hd.jpeg

Oh yeah, and the Bulls still suck!
500254-20220616_BPS_Pride_LW-12_1000x1000.progressive.jpg

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller High Life is a very weak beer for taste. Not much alcohol content there either. A pretty standard commercial beer content of 4.6. More of a corn on the cob flavored soda. Not really my jam, but to each their own.

Had a nice Eastside Dark with a late dinner tonite. The perfect compliment to a grilled chicken salad.

Eastside Dark honors the Eastside of Milwaukee. Anyone that knows anything about Milwaukee, knows that the Eastside is the eclectic side of the city.
View attachment 21449

Oh yeah, and the Bulls still suck!
View attachment 21450
Care to explain to me more things I already know?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Bulls will beat any of the Top 4 teams in the East.

Sure, this team now.

But we have some trade ammo and developing players. We will have to see how whole the top 4 get through their seasons as well.

It’s not wrong but I’m not saying it’s right to be like that either. Playoff prospects shouldn’t be discussed until the trade deadline for a handful of teams.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure, this team now.

But we have some trade ammo and developing players. We will have to see how whole the top 4 get through their seasons as well.

It’s not wrong but I’m not saying it’s right to be like that either. Playoff prospects shouldn’t be discussed until the trade deadline for a handful of teams.
I really like the team if healthy. They’re a lot of fun to watch.