Pitching Options for The 2014-2015 Winter

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Still the best answer is to let it play out. Right now Castro is at Chicago and 3B/2B/CF/LF/RF are all in question. Lake may be long term but he lacks a good BB rate. So he could bust.

And I never said they should trade Castro today. I said if he rebounds next year and Baez shows he can stick defensively at SS at least in the minors then it makes sense. Regardless, the point here was Castro is a potential tradable piece that could net them a top of the rotation type prospect given things fall right. In general, Shark is the only one mentioned having the ability to bring anything of decent value back at the moment. That's all I'm saying. It's very real that Castro may not fit with the team long term. If Baez and Alcantara are what they appear to be in the minors and if they both can stay where they are in the minors both are better options than Castro in the middle infield. Even that being said, the 2012 Castro has a lot of value. In the case of the cubs, they are lucky to have that much MI talent and they may be able to exploit it if things go right.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I agree but the thing is as you posted about his comparisons to Cabrera. Both can up SS. Cabrera went to 3B soon after.

It should be about his bat. If he is error prone due to his aggressive behavior 3B is a better solution.

Personally I want him to play aggressive. It is what makes him him. Just like Castro. They tried to polish him into this wait for it guy and it back fired.

The point is Castro has a few years of adjustment and improvement at SS going on and when on he is a near .300 BA hitter.

That is why I would rather move Baez off position to 3B. Lessen his aggressiveness of charging the ball. Makes him work on his reaction time more. (Twitch muscle). Plus his power is legit for 3B. His arm is top end.

IMO the weak link is Soler in RF. If I'm trading for any pitching Soler is my pick. I believe NYM would be more willing to push the button with him to early promote vs Theo. theo doesn't like to let his babies off the nipple too fast.