Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's..which one do you hate the least?

i guess i'll take

• pizza hut

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • domino's

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • papa john's

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I've found that Domino's can vary by location. Some stores, it tastes like shit, while others are actually pretty good. I cannot eat Pizza Hut... something about their crust makes it inedible for me. It definitely has an atypical crust, imo. And Papa John's is shit, so I voted for Domino's.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Papa johns and that's only because they have the garlic butter sauce-y shit

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Totino's Party Pizzas are my favorite. I eat them 4 at a time.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
tumblr_nf76lvLJay1ttsiu4o1_500.jpg

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I prefer the 7-eleven pizza.

[video=youtube_share;iWGVBwA_Gak]https://youtu.be/iWGVBwA_Gak[/video]

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A tractor trailer slammed into the Mablevale Overpass on I-30, causing frozen pizzas to cover the interstate, blocking all traffic. :cringe:
DGzuyPYUIAAg1TL.jpg

DGzuyPYUAAEE0gl.jpg

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Roadkill can be aight, if prepped properly.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Tombstone's are awful....a landfill is where those belong.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Have you peeps from Illinois heard of Casey's pizza? It's about the only pizza I get for carry out anymore and it's fantastic. I doubt they have any locations near Chicago though.

Sorry, man - looks like they're just an Iowa thing (well, a couple of them in Missouri).

https://www.caseys.com/locations

I agree, though - best pizza you can get from a convenience store by a long shot - and there is always one nearby if you're in Iowa.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Sorry, man - looks like they're just an Iowa thing (well, a couple of them in Missouri).

I agree, though - best pizza you can get from a convenience store by a long shot - and there is always one nearby if you're in Iowa.

As soon as you're out of the Chicagoland area, Casey's are everywhere in IL. Use the same link and type Illinois, because it seems to default to Iowa.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

As soon as you're out of the Chicagoland area, Casey's are everywhere in IL. Use the same link and type Illinois, because it seems to default to Iowa.

I've been to a Casey's in Indiana before. It was like one of the first ones and the pizza was terrible. Hope it's not like that everywhere out of the state of Iowa.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I've been to a Casey's in Indiana before. It was like one of the first ones and the pizza was terrible. Hope it's not like that everywhere out of the state of Iowa.

I have no idea. I've been to good ones and bad ones. But the main thing here is to order one fresh, and not get the slices that live in the food warmer.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have no idea. I've been to good ones and bad ones. But the main thing here is to order one fresh, and not get the slices that live in the food warmer.

The breakfast pizza is amazing. Highly recommend it. I've ordered it for dinner before.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If i had to choose from these i'd go with Papa Johns. There was a small period where i ate Domino's quite often and it got to the point where i couldn't stand the smell and i still can't. Pizza Hut is okay but haven't ate there in years.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Papa John's is the least terrible of the 3.

Home Run Inn for frozen.

I don't get why anyone who lives in Chicago would eat any of this crap, though.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't get why anyone who lives in Chicago would eat any of this crap, though.

Sadly, all the great mom and pop places that once made Chicago the greatest city for pizza on earth have left/quit or gone chain corporate with watered down quality. What sucks even more, younger generations don't even know what they missed. I just turned 40 last month, and even I know I may have missed the tail end of a great thing. So now we either have to make it at home or settle for what is essentially fast-food pizza.

All the best Pizza places now, were considered among the worst just a few decades ago, and IMO that is very sad. Just like the hot dog places and beef joints. Yes, some of those places got better over time, but they will likely not be as good as when Chicago was the world's hub for meat packing, farming, cheese, and a far more diversity in layers of immigrants. Back then to have the best of all fresh ingredients, it was wholesale prices for the restaurant. Where today, adjusted prices can only afford a businessperson (in an industry that has a ton of failures) a fraction of that. I guess that's why some of the shitty places stood the test of time, they were using cheap ingredients before it was cool.