PJ Released

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the odd man out would be Peterman since he didn't play yesterday- Well maybe they pick him up after waivers and he can get on the Practice squad and run the scout team -

mecha

Liked Posts:
At this point there is no reason to keep Peterman as the #3 qb and waste a roster spot

Release and resign to PS and elevate if needed because of injury or poor play (heck, they may be able to do same thing with walker)
you should work the teams military intelligence with such bold and strong strategies. I mean you were even able to figure out the biggest mastermind the team ever hired years before his inevitable expiration. and gave him a cool nickname also.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It was honestly such a weird QB room. Fields has more starts and snaps than Walker and Peterman, two other bad QBs. No real veteran presence.

Anyways this is the right move though the conversation surrounding the next great white hope is going to be obnoxious.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
$2-million guaranteed that was another major miss by Poles.

This front office is starting to look like a shit show.

The Bears don't have a backup and are hoping one gets cut. Big ask.
You're protecting the McCaskey's money like Virginia's your Sugar Momma.
PJ Walker played well last year. Kudos to Poles for going after talent and not trying to stick a round peg in a square hole.

Historically, Bears fans have let loose on staffs that retain high priced players instead of keeping players that play well.

I'm betting dollars to donuts that you would have laid into Poles for cutting Bagent and keeping walker.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
PJ Walker played well last year. Kudos to Poles for going after talent and not trying to stick a round peg in a square hole.

Historically, Bears fans have let loose on staffs that retain high priced players instead of keeping players that play well.

I'm betting dollars to donuts that you would have laid into Poles for cutting Bagent and keeping walker.

Of course

mecha

Liked Posts:

if it represents something that's wrong, they'll be on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich. these contrarian argumentative fucks are annoying.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It was the correct decision to cut him. It was a dumb signing to begin with, but at least they recognized their mistake early and moved on. I wouldn't be surprised though if they brought him or Peterman back to the practice squad once they clear waivers. I can't imagine they want to go in to this season without some kind of vet 3rd stringer with experience to aid the other two quarterbacks. We were spoiled with Dalton and Foles.

Last edited:

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

No you're wrong and wrong by a lot. The Bears need a competent backup that's actually gone out and won NFL games.

I mean it doesn't help that their starter is only of backup quality but I digress. Most of us don't know why he even signed Peterman he threw 5 first half INTs the last time he started a game.

Poles' evaluations leave a lot to be desired.