PJ Released

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not every team operates outta the WCO. We don't
"and the timing of the West Coast passing that is a part of every offense in the NFL even it's not by the book."

Every aspect of offenses in the NFL include routes and concepts that are a part of the West Coast offense. Even if the Bears don't run an exact replica of a 2023 West Coast offense coached by a West Coast offense disciple that comes from the long winding tree of Bill Walsh there are still borrowed concepts of pocket passing from the offense itself.

Is that clear enough for you?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
"and the timing of the West Coast passing that is a part of every offense in the NFL even it's not by the book."

Every aspect of offenses in the NFL include routes and concepts that are a part of the West Coast offense. Even if the Bears don't run an exact replica of a 2023 West Coast offense coached by a West Coast offense disciple that comes from the long winding tree of Bill Walsh there are still borrowed concepts of pocket passing from the offense itself.

There are concepts from many different schemes in every playbook.

Edit: I don’t really for this argument but just pointing out that playbooks are much more varied these days. Also, I thought this offense was an off-shoot of the WCO.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not every team operates outta the WCO. We don't

Sigh....I know all about WCO. Do even know origins of the WCO? Walsh developed the WCO to mask a problem at Qb.
Look up the WCO origins.

The WCO requires and creates minimal stress on the OL in passing situations. We don't don't create minimal stress here with the OL . It would be advisable given the injuries to our OL. You talk about "pocket presence" as it relates to JF in link #120 what u fail to realize is ya gotta start off with a pocket, that doesn't collapse

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sigh....I know all about WCO. Do even know origins of the WCO? Walsh developed the WCO to mask a problem at Qb.
Look up the WCO origins.

The WCO requires and creates minimal stress on the OL in passing situations. We don't don't create minimal stress here with the OL . It would be advisable given the injuries to our OL. You talk about "pocket presence" as it relates to JF in link #120 what u fail to realize is ya gotta start off with a pocket, that doesn't collapse
He's not comfortable in the pocket regardless of how stable it is.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Look up the WCO origins.

He's not comfortable in the pocket regardless of how stable it is.
You talked about Bagent and "pocket presence". Well the times he ran for Td's was based on pocket collapsion
The point I was making is create a system that promotes pocket stability while creating minimal stress on the OL in passing situations. Good coaches create around the players talent and injury. Look up the WCO origins.