PJ Released

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dialup doesn’t allow him to?

lol I once used dial-up. You had to disable call waiting when you connected your modem because receiving a call would drop your modem. Fun times.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Might be time
I would ask that you wouldn't do it. Other POVs are thoughtful. Just answer with facts. Plus, does this board need just people who agree with each other, all the time? How much fun would it be? It's the name calling that bothers me. Especially if it's at a family member. That's never been cool, and I hope it never does. Just my unasked for opinion. Thanks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All of them are misses that should have cost them nothing. You don't think Leatherwood would have cleared waivers last year? Harry could have been signed because he would have cleared waivers without needing to be traded for him.

This is armchair GM stuff, Poles is running this like an armchair GM.
There is no such thing as a 7th round miss. The other salaries mean nothing. Players that do count as misses(a refresher for you)

Kadeem Carey
Jeremy Langford
Will Sutton

I’m sure there are many others we can consider too. Shall we bring up more of your drafting history (your choices)?

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There is no such thing as a 7th round miss. The other salaries mean nothing. Players that do count as misses(a refresher for you)

Kadeem Carey
Jeremy Langford
Will Sutton

I’m sure there are many others we can consider too. Shall we bring up more of your drafting history (your choices)?
Oh wow Kadeem Carey got injured on top of other injuries he dealt with in college and retired.

Will Sutton had more sacks as a defensive tackle his junior at ASU than Aaron Donald had his final year at Pitt. What a loser I am for thinking Sutton might be good after racking up 13 sacks in one season as a defensive tackle.

Show me all of the defensive tackles in the last 25 years that have racked up 13 sacks in one college season.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh wow Kadeem Carey got injured on top of other injuries he dealt with in college and retired.

Will Sutton had more sacks as a defensive tackle his junior at ASU than Aaron Donald had his final year at Pitt. What a loser I am for thinking Sutton might be good after racking up 13 sacks in one season as a defensive tackle.

Show me all of the defensive tackles in the last 25 years that have racked up 13 sacks in one college season.
All of that is besides the point. They were misses.
Every GM has them. Get over it. (And yes Claypool was a big mistake to me)

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So you want to compare my misses to the Bears GM?

Hell let's compare the boards' hits and misses to that of the last few Bears GMs and I bet the board is about as good in terms of hits and misses as the GMs are.

Sometimes I wonder if this board with all of its idiocy could collectively run this franchise better than the Bears have the last 38 years.

There wouldn't have been Kevin White no Mitch Trubisky no Shea McClellin and we're already cooking with Crisco.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Claypool hasn’t even really played for us. Last year he was thrust on the team with zero knowledge of the playbook

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you want to compare my misses to the Bears GM?

Hell let's compare the boards' hits and misses to that of the last few Bears GMs and I bet the board is about as good in terms of hits and misses as the GMs are.

Sometimes I wonder if this board with all of its idiocy could collectively run this franchise better than the Bears have the last 38 years.

There wouldn't have been Kevin White no Mitch Trubisky no Shea McClellin and we're already cooking with Crisco.
You loved Mitch

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And half the board wanted Jamal Adams, a fkn strong safety, passing on HOf QB and riding with Glennon so yeah, very cool
A SS that isn’t elite at covering receivers and doesn’t get ints

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not trying to argue with anyone on this topic. At the end of the day its only 2M which on a team like this wont make or break putting them over the top or not. But if we're going to be honest, there are posters here who found reasoning in Poles not spending an extra million a year on a starting OL because "sustained success and stuffs" but when 2M is flushed down the toilet on a backup QB who doesnt even make the 53 its not a big deal.

Oh well, Poles is still perfect and all of his decisions are the right ones!

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That might be even worse that you loved him as he was playing. I’m assuming the Bucs game was your turn on?
He competed well as a rookie and eventually took over as the starter. Then played pretty decent in year two. Mitch didn't get much help so his overall development was hampered on one and on the other he didn't have enough raw talent.

Justin Fields just doesn't have the IT factor or natural feel for the position. Bagent has a natural feel and awareness in the pocket. He trusts his fundamentals in the pocket because he's always been a footwork natural in the pocket passer.

Justin Fields is the least natural pocket passer I've seen in a long time. It doesn't mean that Justin Fields isn't extremely talented but he just doesn't have the instincts in the pocket that Bagent has. It doesn't mean that I think Bagent will be better than Justin Fields over the long term. It's just one massively important thing that Justin Fields will probably never develop because it's not something you can develop in a player.

There are just certain things that can't be coached even with reps. Justin Fields has ZERO comfort in the pocket even when the protection holds up he still doesn't trust what's happening around him or what he's seeing down the field. Sometimes you can't coach confidence.

Bagent probably lacks in overall talent and other skills combined to never be good enough.
Caleb Williams looks a lot like Fields to me where they want to do too much outside the system and the structure and the NFL rarely let's you operate outside the structure and timing of the West Coast offense and the timing of the West Coast passing that is a part of ever offense in the NFL even it's not by the book.

Justin Fields makes great plays off script but the offense can't be consistent enough if he's spending the majority of his time trying to go off script.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He competed well as a rookie and eventually took over as the starter. Then played pretty decent in year two. Mitch didn't get much help so his overall development was hampered on one and on the other he didn't have enough raw talent.

Justin Fields just doesn't have the IT factor or natural feel for the position. Bagent has a natural feel and awareness in the pocket. He trusts his fundamentals in the pocket because he's always been a footwork natural in the pocket passer.

Justin Fields is the least natural pocket passer I've seen in a long time. It doesn't mean that Justin Fields isn't extremely talented but he just doesn't have the instincts in the pocket that Bagent has. It doesn't mean that I think Bagent will be better than Justin Fields over the long term. It's just one massively important thing that Justin Fields will probably never develop because it's not something you can develop in a player.

There are just certain things that can't be coached even with reps. Justin Fields has ZERO comfort in the pocket even when the protection holds up he still doesn't trust what's happening around him or what he's seeing down the field. Sometimes you can't coach confidence.

Bagent probably lacks in overall talent and other skills combined to never be good enough.
Caleb Williams looks a lot like Fields to me where they want to do too much outside the system and the structure and the NFL rarely let's you operate outside the structure and timing of the West Coast offense and the timing of the West Coast passing that is a part of ever offense in the NFL even it's not by the book.

Justin Fields makes great plays off script but the offense can't be consistent enough if he's spending the majority of his time trying to go off script.
This is another reason to never take you seriously

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure where I heard this, but NFL teams are allowed to suit 3 QBs this season. But the third can ONLY PLAY when the other two get injured and CAN'T return to the game. Anyone know or hear about this? Imo...that's a smart move by the league.
I heard there was a new rule? Something to do with what happened in a playoff game last year? Piggybacking off your post.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mounting misses? Your use of adverbs and adjectives are somewhere between exaggeration and hyperbole. Guaranteed money? This is "chump change" in the NFL. Poles, like any other GM, takes chances and sometimes they miss. The "jury is still out" on Claypool. If that doesn't work out, then that would be a big miss. The others....not really.
As soon as you see his username just skip it. Don't bother with it.