PJ Released

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
What do you idiots think a QB cost for 2 yrs that has been in the league since 2017?

17 million says Ryan Pace buying the services of the Giraffe -

If PJ Walker played better - it would have been a cheap option for 2 seasons as a back up- When we signed him we didn't have any other options
Exactly. They took a chance on him and it didn't pan out. He's not the first.

I mean, Dalton, Foles, Giraffe all of late history people here should remember.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean you banned me for less a few days ago. He's in these threads just to diarrhea all over any sort of football discourse.

Also, of all the new mods, I knew it would be you to give me my first ban.. ?

Just because I did it doesn't mean it wasn't discussed.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Practice squad most likely for him
Not sure where I heard this, but NFL teams are allowed to suit 3 QBs this season. But the third can ONLY PLAY when the other two get injured and CAN'T return to the game. Anyone know or hear about this? Imo...that's a smart move by the league.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Why? Am I just supposed to constantly be positive even when there's gross incompetence?

Am I only supposed to talk about how good DJ Moore is? Because the Bears essentially have one good player on the team that Poles is responsible for at a position that matters.
Be cool if you could say one damn positive thing. All you do is bitch about some aspect of the team.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Keep him around to tank last 2-3 games and get that #1 pick again
Why not let the Panthers tank to get the No. 1 pick, and have our young guys gain experience by growing as a team? Just a thought... but I sense you were joking......

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No it's just another missed evaluation. Sort of like all of the other mounting misses Poles is racking up. Walker and his guaranteed money, the trade for Harry, the trade for Claypool Leatherwood there's money and draft capital that's being spent that's getting zero return on investment.

It's no wonder the Bears are talking about trading for Chris Jones that would go along with this incompetence.
The trade for Harry? Are you ducking serious? It was a 7th round pick. Leatherwood was minimal investment. Walker as well. Your bitching about the wrong things bud.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
$2-million guaranteed that was another major miss by Poles.

This front office is starting to look like a shit show.

The Bears don't have a backup and are hoping one gets cut. Big ask.
Major miss? Don't have a backup? I guess it depends on how one defines those statements. Signing a player when BOTH parties know that player WILL NOT BE a starter, isn't a major miss. That's called trying to make a roster as a backup. Obviously, they have a backup, just not who most of us thought it would be. Keep posting.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
$2-million guaranteed that was another major miss by Poles.

This front office is starting to look like a shit show.

The Bears don't have a backup and are hoping one gets cut. Big ask.
Are you really going to do this all season?

$2 million is no big deal and it was a worthy gamble. No GM expects to hit on every single move. They have to take chances or they don’t have any opportunity to add talent. You can make trades you can pick up waiver wire cuts you can draft you’re not gonna hit 100%.

Nobody wants to read your cunting for the next 17 weeks.

Some moves work some don’t. Some moves are positive some will be negative. We get that. No one thinks Poles is perfect.

But your bullshit looking to make a jab at every single turn really gets old.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
It was the correct decision to cut him. It was a dumb signing to begin with, but at least they recognized their mistake early and moved on. I wouldn't be surprised though if they brought him or Peterman back to the practice squad once they clear waivers. I can't imagine they want to go in to this season without some kind of vet 3rd stringer with experience to aid the other two quarterbacks. We were spoiled with Dalton and Foles.
like your take......but........do you think you should have used quote marks around the word spoiled?........lol.......imo...Bear fans being "spoiled" by QBs on their own team is a oxymoron...........lol.....again, great take!

Last edited:

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Are you really going to do this all season?

$2 million is no big deal and it was a worthy gamble. No GM expects to hit on every single move. They have to take chances or they don’t have any opportunity to add talent. You can make trades you can pick up waiver wire cuts you can draft you’re not gonna hit 100%.

Nobody wants to read your cunting for the next 17 weeks.

Some moves work some don’t. Some moves are positive some will be negative. We get that. No one thinks Poles is perfect.

But your bullshit looking to make a jab at every single turn really gets old.
You're starting to see how many mistakes he's making by how much material I have to go off of.

There should be nothing for me to complain about but after 3-14 there's not a lot of hope.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
No it's just another missed evaluation. Sort of like all of the other mounting misses Poles is racking up. Walker and his guaranteed money, the trade for Harry, the trade for Claypool Leatherwood there's money and draft capital that's being spent that's getting zero return on investment.

It's no wonder the Bears are talking about trading for Chris Jones that would go along with this incompetence.
Mounting misses? Your use of adverbs and adjectives are somewhere between exaggeration and hyperbole. Guaranteed money? This is "chump change" in the NFL. Poles, like any other GM, takes chances and sometimes they miss. The "jury is still out" on Claypool. If that doesn't work out, then that would be a big miss. The others....not really.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The trade for Harry? Are you ducking serious? It was a 7th round pick. Leatherwood was minimal investment. Walker as well. Your bitching about the wrong things bud.
All of them are misses that should have cost them nothing. You don't think Leatherwood would have cleared waivers last year? Harry could have been signed because he would have cleared waivers without needing to be traded for him.

This is armchair GM stuff, Poles is running this like an armchair GM.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mounting misses? Your use of adverbs and adjectives are somewhere between exaggeration and hyperbole. Guaranteed money? This is "chump change" in the NFL. Poles, like any other GM, takes chances and sometimes they miss. The "jury is still out" on Claypool. If that doesn't work out, then that would be a big miss. The others....not really.
Claypool isn't going to work out. Pickens and Carter are both misses because this team has so few impact players. Leaning into Justin Jones as the starting 3-technique this stuff half the board knows is bullshit.