PJ Released

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Why? Am I just supposed to constantly be positive even when there's gross incompetence?

Am I only supposed to talk about how good DJ Moore is? Because the Bears essentially have one good player on the team that Poles is responsible for at a position that matters.
You’re crying about 2 million dollars on a back up QB lmao I can’t even with this take. They found a young developmental QB as udfa that out played the guy that looked okay/passable last year in Carolina and you are whining about 2 million?? How many games does that cost the bears this year or next?

Leatherwood was a risky signing that didn’t pan out and he made the right move to cut him, but it was a risk that could’ve worked. It didn’t, he cut him ??‍♂️ you’re acting like this is a 20 million dollar mike Glenn on signing or some shit.

Neither of these moves have any bearing on next year, and neither would’ve made a difference this year.

I’m not even going to get into claypool but I bet @remydat has some thoughts on that situation if you want you should dm him

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I thought some of the reporters said Leatherwood was playing well this camp. I guess that was just a bunch of puff reporting like everything else.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You’re crying about 2 million dollars on a back up QB lmao I can’t even with this take. They found a young developmental QB as udfa that out played the guy that looked okay/passable last year in Carolina and you are whining about 2 million?? How many games does that cost the bears this year or next?

Leatherwood was a risky signing that didn’t pan out and he made the right move to cut him, but it was a risk that could’ve worked. It didn’t, he cut him ??‍♂️ you’re acting like this is a 20 million dollar mike Glenn on signing or some shit.

Neither of these moves have any bearing on next year, and neither would’ve made a difference this year.

I’m not even going to get into claypool but I bet @remydat has some thoughts on that situation if you want you should dm him
I wish I could both simultaneously laugh & approve of a post at the same time.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you idiots think a QB cost for 2 yrs that has been in the league since 2017?

17 million says Ryan Pace buying the services of the Giraffe -

If PJ Walker played better - it would have been a cheap option for 2 seasons as a back up- When we signed him we didn't have any other options

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I thought some of the reporters said Leatherwood was playing well this camp. I guess that was just a bunch of puff reporting like everything else.
Probably meant playing better than last year which really doesn’t mean much I suppose.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Its also possible that he wasn't playing well enough to warrant the pay

Nothing wrong with taking flyers on a guy. The money is negligible

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I would've kept walker over peterman

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would've kept walker over peterman
Could be if it becomes an injury riddled shit show of a season again, they might decide to tank with Peterman.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Could be if it becomes an injury riddled shit show of a season again, they might decide to tank with Peterman.
If Peterman sees the field this year, I'm just gonna stop watching lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No you're wrong and wrong by a lot. The Bears need a competent backup that's actually gone out and won NFL games.

I mean it doesn't help that their starter is only of backup quality but I digress. Most of us don't know why he even signed Peterman he threw 5 first half INTs the last time he started a game.

Poles' evaluations leave a lot to be desired.
It's crazy how you're unemployed and Poles has a job.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Dead cap only impacts this season, right? So we're just eating the rest of their guaranteed money this season and will have that money freed up next year from how I understand it.

Reactions: DC

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Might be time

I mean you banned me for less a few days ago. He's in these threads just to diarrhea all over any sort of football discourse.

Also, of all the new mods, I knew it would be you to give me my first ban.. ?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
$2-million guaranteed that was another major miss by Poles.

This front office is starting to look like a shit show.

The Bears don't have a backup and are hoping one gets cut. Big ask.
Lol they had cap room limit, they had to reach...so please hush with the bs