Plot thickens Jimmy G to be pursued by Browns in trade

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Myself and others fully expected the Browns to pursue Jimmy G. I also have read some didnt think Jimmy would sign a long term contract with the Browns but they can franchise for two seasons after acquiring him in trade so most likely if they give him a fair contract he signs it. Hue Jackson is a very good offensive coach so thats n the Browns favor.

The piece also says Myles Garrett gets picked by Browns with the top pick which would be the best thing they can do.

http://nfltraderumors.co/former-bro...rdi-expects-cle-pursue-trade-jimmy-garoppolo/

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think I'll take these rumors too seriously at this point. Also read Browns were focused just on Trubinsky.

The 2016 NFL season may be over for Bears fans but there's still a quarter of just the regular season left to play

Nicker

Liked Posts:
Bad news for the bears. I was all for JG for a second rounder, but the price for poker might just be too high here.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sucks to be Jimmy lol. Go from the Patriots to the Browns.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every team with a shitty quarterback will be "linked" to Garoppolo between now and when he is traded.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Or RGIII comes out and plays like his rookie season and just lights it up for the last four games. Maybe the Browns priorities change, a little.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm thinking this is awesome to possibly be able to draft the QB I like most... only to watch the Pats take Trubisky or get about 15 draft picks to move down, LOL

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or RGIII comes out and plays like his rookie season and just lights it up for the last four games. Maybe the Browns priorities change, a little.

I don't think RG111 would have much more to offer than that as I don't believe he will ever be a long term solution for any team. Cleveland would end up being duped and their never ending search for a QB saga would continue.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every team with a shitty quarterback will be "linked" to Garoppolo between now and when he is traded.
Cleveland would be in best position cause of the 2 top 10 picks they have (currently #1 and #9). Quite possibly could get Jimmy for the pick they got from Philly and use their #1 pick to take Garret.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Myself and others fully expected the Browns to pursue Jimmy G. I also have read some didnt think Jimmy would sign a long term contract with the Browns but they can franchise for two seasons after acquiring him in trade so most likely if they give him a fair contract he signs it. Hue Jackson is a very good offensive coach so thats n the Browns favor.

The piece also says Myles Garrett gets picked by Browns with the top pick which would be the best thing they can do.

http://nfltraderumors.co/former-bro...rdi-expects-cle-pursue-trade-jimmy-garoppolo/

If Jimmy G is what some think he is then a Jimmy G/M.Garrett is a big win win for the Browns.

BB will probably get C.Kessler and a couple of picks from Clev and Kessler will be the next QB BB trades for some picks...lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

If there's multiple teams trying to trade for him then someone will end up overpaying to get him and once again BB will win another trade.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe this rumor was started by New England......

trying to drive the price up.....

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I've been saying it for weeks now: If JG is good enough to bring the Bears back into relevance, why wouldnt the Browns just outbid us?

That being said, I will be glad if we dont trade for him. Every pick we dont send to New England is a pick we can use to try to build a young corps of players. We have so little depth, that even 6 and 7th round picks are a valuable asset

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

This is clearly just Lombardi doing his bff Belichek a solid. Everyone knows the Browns have the most ammo in draft picks so this inherently drives up the price to teams actually interested.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am a Jimmy fan, but I am not bidding with the Browns for him.

Means they don't take QB and we get closer to Kizer.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I believe this rumor was started by New England......

trying to drive the price up.....

As opposed to JA, when they shopped Briggs that fucktard JA announced to the world that only the redskins had expressed interest. That's how someone from the Bears FO runs an auction, by limited the bidders to one. Years later, still fucked by the FO. Fuck you fucking 'tarded McCaskeys.

billwade

Liked Posts:
If Cleveland is interested, it serves as virtual assurance Garoppolo will prove to be an utter failure.

I don't know how Bellichick gets away with this every couple of years. It's like Lucy and the Charlie Brown football kick trick. There isn't a single NE QB who has had sustained success anywhere else, yet BB keeps getting the suckers to bite.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Hoyer is tougher than Garoppolo. Has deeper compete in him required to withstand NFL punishment. When Jimmy G went down earlier this year he had that Holy Shit look in his eyes.

I'll take Hoyer as my back-up of the future anyday. I hope we keep him around and keep 3. We clearly need 3 or 4 every year. Same as 2 NT's and an extra DE but every year we sign a street player to PS and a PS to squad at least once during a season, and too me that is bad roster depth management. If you know something is going to happen, consider having a professional training year round for your team at that position. Having continuity amongst your depth has advantages.