Plot thickens Jimmy G to be pursued by Browns in trade

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or RGIII comes out and plays like his rookie season and just lights it up for the last four games. Maybe the Browns priorities change, a little.

He can't stay healty...he is Mr. Glass

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I am a Jimmy fan, but I am not bidding with the Browns for him.

Means they don't take QB and we get closer to Kizer.

I am pretty sure in your Jimmy G mock draft I wrote the browns were probably going to get him.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I almost find it funny. I wish we had a shot at Wentz.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If the Browns are able to make a trade for Garrappolo that doesn't involve this years #1 pick, they need to make it. To be able to get him and Myles Garret would be huge for them. Still think the Patriots should keep him, but don't think they can just let Brady walk. They won't be able to afford both QBs though..

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't see why the Browns would trade for him.

well, looking at the Browns draft history over the course of 10 seasons, it would appear they're just not good at drafting quarterbacks. I don't think anyone they drafted is still with the team, and they're like 4 years removed from Weeden, and 2 from Johnny Manziel. there was Colt McCoy and Brady Quinn before them -- insert whichever ones I missed. that's a lot of quarterbacks to only keep them around like 2 seasons at a time.

that said, they might take the plunge on a FA that isn't ancient or made of balsa wood.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If Cleveland Chicago is interested, it serves as virtual assurance Garoppolo will prove to be an utter failure.

I don't know how Bellichick gets away with this every couple of years. It's like Lucy and the Charlie Brown football kick trick. There isn't a single NE QB who has had sustained success anywhere else, yet BB keeps getting the suckers to bite.

What evidence is there that makes anyone believe the Bears can develop a young QB?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hope this is true. The Browns will show who Jimmy really is

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What evidence is there that makes anyone believe the Bears can develop a young QB?

you'd have to look at the coaching staff and see what they have done or had to do...

If you look at Fox his teams got the most out of some shitty QBing by Tebow.

Also, Jake DelHomme with the Panthers.....

Looking at Loggains......not seeing a lot. But he seems to be well respected from what I here as a good offensive mind......not sure about it though.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
All that rejoicing worked out great for Johny football, Weeden, Couch, >insert name<...
Did anyone rejoice for any of them? I missed it if they did. I only heard laughter.

Regardless, them trading for Jimmy would greatly increase the Bears chances of getting 1 of the 2 1st round worthy QBs. Now, just have to worry about the Jets moving ahead of the Bears cause they'll surely take a QB.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Did anyone rejoice for any of them? I missed it if they did. I only heard laughter.

Regardless, them trading for Jimmy would greatly increase the Bears chances of getting 1 of the 2 1st round worthy QBs. Now, just have to worry about the Jets moving ahead of the Bears cause they'll surely take a QB.
[video=youtube_share;0SGsdNFeA0w]https://youtu.be/0SGsdNFeA0w[/video]

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Looked like 1 or 2 cheering it, while other drunken jackasses just kinda followed along for fun.

This poor bastard will be immortalized on YouTube for eternity

[video=youtube_share;lZcXbIXcq_A]https://youtu.be/lZcXbIXcq_A[/video]

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
well, looking at the Browns draft history over the course of 10 seasons, it would appear they're just not good at drafting quarterbacks. I don't think anyone they drafted is still with the team, and they're like 4 years removed from Weeden, and 2 from Johnny Manziel. there was Colt McCoy and Brady Quinn before them -- insert whichever ones I missed. that's a lot of quarterbacks to only keep them around like 2 seasons at a time.

that said, they might take the plunge on a FA that isn't ancient or made of balsa wood.

This. They haven't had very good luck drafting QBs. Granted, none of those guys are running the team anymore, but it makes a ton of sense. The franchise needs a TON of rebuild. They could potentially have an experienced QB from the best run franchise in the league, who's still young with upside instead of using a top 10 pick (maybe even #1 overall) on a rookie in what is regarded as a QB class with no true star. I think they could get Jimmy G for their 2nd rounder, and still have their pair of top 10 picks. Add Jimmy G, the best player in the draft (Garrett) and maybe the best OT in the draft (Robinson) that either allows you to have great bookends or finally trade Joe Thomas......and maybe they are finally headed in the right direction. Also buys them another year and allows them to potentially go QB in a much better QB draft next year.