Plot thickens Jimmy G to be pursued by Browns in trade

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope Cleveland gets him just so this shit stops and we can focus on who the Bears are going to draft.

It makes more sense for the Browns to get him. They have a ton of money $100M + and a good amount of draft picks. It they trade their 2nd round pick it is akin to really a first round pick so they have that going for them also. The Bears, while being in good shape cap wise, need a lot of other stuff besides a qb.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This would be fantastic. Browns take on JG and the Bears have a realistic shot at Watson or Kizer.

Watson is going 2nd overall to the Niners. He has Chip Kelly written all over him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson is going 2nd overall to the Niners. He has Chip Kelly written all over him.
Don't think so. Kizer will go long before Watson. Watson has been falling. Doesn't play in a pro style offense, accuracy erratic especially on deep balls. Quicker to take off and run than go through his progressions. Take away his running ability and you're not left with a whole lot to work with. Kinda small too.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Don't think so. Kizer will go long before Watson. Watson has been falling. Doesn't play in a pro style offense, accuracy erratic especially on deep balls. Quicker to take off and run than go through his progressions. Take away his running ability and you're not left with a whole lot to work with. Kinda small too.

This post got a well deserved hearty guffaw.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This post got a well deserved hearty guffaw.
Cause most Bears fans are stupid. It's a weak QB class but here I see people throwing around names like they're all strong but in reality you dummies are just elevating QBs who have no business going in the 1st round.

You'd be far better off to wait and take Mahomes than spend a top 4 pick on Watson.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Cause most Bears fans are stupid. It's a weak QB class but here I see people throwing around names like they're all strong but in reality you dummies are just elevating QBs who have no business going in the 1st round.

You'd be far better off to wait and take Mahomes than spend a top 4 pick on Watson.

You're on a roll.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
If the Browns go after Garoppolo it will likely cost them their 2nd 1st round draft pick 2017 and one of their 2nd rounders 2017. That means they come away with Garrett, Garoppolo and another 2nd round pick (CB or OT). I'd take that deal if I was the Browns. I think they still have another 4 or 5 draft picks in later rounds and 100m in FA to spend. They go get Trumaine Johnson and Eric Berry, sign Jamie Collins and perhaps trade Joe Haden (not sure on that) and they have the beginnings of a real football team.

Do the Patriots really want to get rid of Garoppolo though? Difficult one for them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You offer them 2(36) and change, if they take it great draft defense.

If the Browns beat that then draft Kizer, Trubisky or Watson in that order

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You could say that every single year though. Wentz and Goff had no business going 1/2 last year, but the fact of the matter is that is how teams value QBs. It's the most important position. So, the top 5 teams who are usually starved of good QB play are obviously going to overvalue the class and take them high because that's what they need and it's the hardest position to fill. Sure, you could sit on a QB and draft one in the 4th because you're getting better 'value' but how many times does a Dak Prescott type pick work out?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If the Browns go after Garoppolo it will likely cost them their 2nd 1st round draft pick 2017 and one of their 2nd rounders 2017. That means they come away with Garrett, Garoppolo and another 2nd round pick (CB or OT). I'd take that deal if I was the Browns. I think they still have another 4 or 5 draft picks in later rounds and 100m in FA to spend. They go get Trumaine Johnson and Eric Berry, sign Jamie Collins and perhaps trade Joe Haden (not sure on that) and they have the beginnings of a real football team.

Do the Patriots really want to get rid of Garoppolo though? Difficult one for them.

Patriots drafted Jacoby Brissett this year, who played decently when given a chance this year. They also know they can find and draft players all over that team. That's why they traded Collins. That's why they traded Chandler Jones. That's why they'd trade Garoppolo. I also don't think it'll cost the Browns their 2nd 1st round pick, which projects as a top 10 pick right now. The Browns are stupid, so they might give up that pick, but there's no reason to offer a top 10 pick to the Patriots when nobody else will. That 33rd pick is as good as a late 1st and they can throw in a lot more (including their other 2nd) that would be more than any other team would give the Pats if they are motivated to trade Jimmy G.

I'd offer #33, #49 and a conditional 2018 pick (2nd/3rd) and see if the Pats bite. Pats potentially get 3 top 50 picks for their backup QB. Browns could walk out of the 1st day of the draft with the best player in the draft, the best OL in the draft, and a franchise QB. Think both teams would be happy.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could say that every single year though. Wentz and Goff had no business going 1/2 last year, but the fact of the matter is that is how teams value QBs. It's the most important position. So, the top 5 teams who are usually starved of good QB play are obviously going to overvalue the class and take them high because that's what they need and it's the hardest position to fill. Sure, you could sit on a QB and draft one in the 4th because you're getting better 'value' but how many times does a Dak Prescott type pick work out?
Sure, there will always be reaching but when you start believing the Bears will take Watson with their #4 or so pick, I think your thinking is just not current because most scouts have soured on him. You'd be hard pressed to find a current mock draft that has Watson going in the first round at all. Think it just comes down to 2 guys if the Bears use their first pick on QB, Kizer or Trubinsky.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Or RGIII comes out and plays like his rookie season and just lights it up for the last four games. Maybe the Browns priorities change, a little.

RG3 is done. He is garbage.

I don't think RG111 would have much more to offer than that as I don't believe he will ever be a long term solution for any team. Cleveland would end up being duped and their never ending search for a QB saga would continue.

He can't stay healty...he is Mr. Glass

I agree, nothing RGIII does in the next four weeks should have any impact on the Browns plans for the future, but they are fucked up enough to make that mistake.

Are the Bears fucked up enough to let anything that happened in the preseason (Shaw) or at the end of the season (Barkley) have any impact on their plans for the future?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I agree, nothing RGIII does in the next four weeks should have any impact on the Browns plans for the future, but they are fucked up enough to make that mistake.

Are the Bears fucked up enough to let anything that happened in the preseason (Shaw) or at the end of the season (Barkley) have any impact on their plans for the future?

I'd like to say no. I won't, but I'd like to.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sure, there will always be reaching but when you start believing the Bears will take Watson with their #4 or so pick, I think your thinking is just not current because most scouts have soured on him. You'd be hard pressed to find a current mock draft that has Watson going in the first round at all. Think it just comes down to 2 guys if the Bears use their first pick on QB, Kizer or Trubinsky.

Never said the Bears were gonna take him. I said the 49ers. I agree with Kizer and Trib though. Also, scouts may have soured on him, but their is a lot of time left. People move up and down like crazy over the next few months. How he plays in the playoffs and tests at the combine could hurt or help his draft position.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

All you're doing is repeating the rhetoric of some people who are not very good at thier jobs. Id bet good Money you Haven't watched much of Watson.

Mitchapalooza

All you're doing is repeating the rhetoric of some people who are not very good at thier jobs. Id bet good Money you Haven't watched much of Watson.
If Browns get Jimmy I'll be thrilled. Most likely leaves us with either Kizer or Watson (depending on whoever SF takes if they take a qb)

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

It's waaaaaay too early to be projecting draft positions. QBs tend to rise quickly, but they also fall quickly as well. The point is, things get shaken up when April rolls around... 5 months or so from now.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seen him and typical college QB. When he's struggling passing, he'll do a lot of running and he's good at it but we know that's not as easy to do in the NFL. No matter, you'll see how it goes for him at the next draft and then you can kiss my ass and say you're sorry.

Looks like the next draft will go much like the last. We'll see Kizer and Trubisky dominate the talk as the draft draws near. Some teams will think Kizer is the one while others say Trubisky. Before the Jimmy rumor to Cleveland, there was talk they were heavily favoring Trubisky.