Plot thickens Jimmy G to be pursued by Browns in trade

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
You offer them 2(36) and change, if they take it great draft defense.

If the Browns beat that then draft Kizer, Trubisky or Watson in that order

I'd be stoked if we got him with our second and could go.D. I take Garrett or Allen before all those guys. Both will grade out as future perrenial all pros and can not be passed up with this draft class. I'm not reaching just because we need a QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd be stoked if we got him with our second and could go.D. I take Garrett or Allen before all those guys. Both will grade out as future perrenial all pros and can not be passed up with this draft class. I'm not reaching just because we need a QB.

Fox and Pace will because a season of Barkley will get everyone fired.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
When was the last time a team traded for a QB and it worked out for that team? I'm drawing a blank.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I hope Cleveland gets him just so this shit stops and we can focus on who the Bears are going to draft.

Hell f-ing yes......I so done with hearing about this guy whose only played 3 f-ing NFL games and got injured. Some ppl. here talk about this guy like he's been 2 da playoffs several times and has a SB under his belt.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If the Bears take Watson with their first round pick, they've seriously reached and fucked up.

WHY? Watson's smart, a leader, a winner and can make plays as a Qb. Tell us WHY's it "fucked up" ?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Don't think so. Kizer will go long before Watson. Watson has been falling. Doesn't play in a pro style offense, accuracy erratic especially on deep balls. Quicker to take off and run than go through his progressions. Take away his running ability and you're not left with a whole lot to work with. Kinda small too.

Have u looked at his Passing #'s

Kinda small too.

They said Doug Flutie was small.....but he was f-ing winner with heart . If jay had Flutie's brain & heart......we'd have won a couple SB's by now and Smith would still be da HC.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
When was the last time a team traded for a QB and it worked out for that team? I'm drawing a blank.

If by "success" you mean led team to the SB win. I think the last was Eli Manning. Then before him was Bret Favre?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Matt Hasselback
Matt Schaub
Brett Favre
Alex Smith
Carson Palmer

Drew Brees was a free agent, but same idea of not playing for the team that drafted him

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
WHY? Watson's smart, a leader, a winner and can make plays as a Qb. Tell us WHY's it "fucked up" ?

It wouldn't be.

I prefer Kizer, but will not be shocked or angered by Watson.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Fox and Pace will because a season of Barkley will get everyone fired.

I certainly don't expect them to roll one of those guys, but if they have a chance at either of those two, QB will addressed with a stop gap and a QB later in the draft. The pressure to draft QB high is tremendous, but we also need more than just a QB. It doesn't have to be the first round pick thid year, especially with the level of talent potentially there. This is the kind of decision that will define our team. BTW I'm basing this on my assumption that no QB in this draft will grade out as a top 10 pick. If one does then I can definitely see us going thst direction.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I certainly don't expect them to roll one of those guys, but if they have a chance at either of those two, QB will addressed with a stop gap and a QB later in the draft. The pressure to draft QB high is tremendous, but we also need more than just a QB. It doesn't have to be the first round pick thid year, especially with the level of talent potentially there. This is the kind of decision that will define our team. BTW I'm basing this on my assumption that no QB in this draft will grade out as a top 10 pick. If one does then I can definitely see us going thst direction.

Practically speaking they will probably be 9-23 over their first 2 years.

They probably won't be .500 next year with Barkley, a 1st round pick or a veteran.

At the end of 2017 season they probably need to be able to say our record sucks but look what we we building with the 4th pick in the draft.

Not, our record sucks and we have a 3rd round pick that might be something but stats tell us will not be any good.

The gun is to there heads way more than people think. Even if Watson doesn't play at all in 2017 he allows them to sell HOPE.

mecha

Liked Posts:
If by "success" you mean led team to the SB win. I think the last was Eli Manning. Then before him was Bret Favre?

yeah, strange technicality, considering he had nothing to do with the Chargers that drafted him, but I think he's the only one. Drew Brees as noted and Peyton Manning were FAs; Manning being I think the only player in league history to win championships with 2 different teams.

Matt Hasselback
Matt Schaub
Brett Favre
Alex Smith
Carson Palmer

Drew Brees was a free agent, but same idea of not playing for the team that drafted him

all players listed (from trade scenarios, not FA like Brees) didn't win the big one however. it's debatable that the Seahawks got fucked in the Super Bowl in 2005 however. Favre additionally was one of the bounties; Vikings should have won that NFC game. woulda coulda shoulda though.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I hope the Browns trade for Jimmy G. It would be SOOO browns.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have u looked at his Passing #'s

They said Doug Flutie was small.....but he was f-ing winner with heart . If jay had Flutie's brain & heart......we'd have won a couple SB's by now and Smith would still be da HC.
Have you looked up Tebow's college passing numbers?

Doug Flutie? Doug Flutie? That's your idea of a franchise QB?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
yeah, strange technicality, considering he had nothing to do with the Chargers that drafted him, but I think he's the only one. Drew Brees as noted and Peyton Manning were FAs; Manning being I think the only player in league history to win championships with 2 different teams.

all players listed (from trade scenarios, not FA like Brees) didn't win the big one however. it's debatable that the Seahawks got fucked in the Super Bowl in 2005 however. Favre additionally was one of the bounties; Vikings should have won that NFC game. woulda coulda shoulda though.

Favre was traded by Atlanta to the Packers.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is more rare that a team have 2 QBs worth a shit, but it happens.

Can you imagine if the Chargers had Brees and Rivers in today's NFL what they would have traded Brees for in year 3 of his deal?

Jimmy G can play. The Patriots are just going to get screwed out of keeping him because Brady is ageless. Otherwise Jimmy would be the Patriots QB of the future.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is more rare that a team have 2 QBs worth a shit, but it happens.

Can you imagine if the Chargers had Brees and Rivers in today's NFL what they would have traded Brees for in year 3 of his deal?

Jimmy G can play. The Patriots are just going to get screwed out of keeping him because Brady is ageless. Otherwise Jimmy would be the Patriots QB of the future.
All true. I think Cincy could even get something much better than the 5th round pick it took them to get McCarron.