Plot thickens Jimmy G to be pursued by Browns in trade

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Matt Hasselback
Matt Schaub
Brett Favre
Alex Smith
Carson Palmer

Drew Brees was a free agent, but same idea of not playing for the team that drafted him
Alex Smith is the best recent example, I suppose. Trading a late round pick for a QB I wouldn't count because that likely means the QB wasn't very good.

Palmer is another example, but very different. His big trade was a flop for the Raiders. I don't believe the Cards paid much for Palmer.

Buying high on a QB is expensive and doesn't usually work out.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice one. forgot he was was traded by the bucs to 9ers.

Was not picked up via trade.
Haha. Keep forgetting it matters if traded or FA. Don't think it does actually. Point being there's no hard fast rule you can only have success by drafting the right guy to be your QB.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alex Smith is the best recent example, I suppose. Trading a late round pick for a QB I wouldn't count because that likely means the QB wasn't very good.

Palmer is another example, but very different. His big trade was a flop for the Raiders. I don't believe the Cards paid much for Palmer.

Buying high on a QB is expensive and doesn't usually work out.
Palmer was prepared to never play again if not released/traded by the Bengals. Really didn't see it coming when the Raiders offered them so much. Then the Raiders got little to nothing in return when they traded him to Cards.

Think it's time for Cards to move on from him now. Probably time for him to really retire.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Rick Mirer

Wait, that one didn't work out.

Jay Cutler

Wait, that one didn't work either.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Have you looked up Tebow's college passing numbers?

Doug Flutie? Doug Flutie? That's your idea of a franchise QB?

I care about winning...that's my idea and that's what those guys did and so does Watson

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I care about winning...that's my idea and that's what those guys did and so does Watson

Matt Leinart agrees with you!! So does Tebow!

Clemson has been winning for a while now, verrrrry shortsighted argument by you.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
As opposed to JA, when they shopped Briggs that fucktard JA announced to the world that only the redskins had expressed interest. That's how someone from the Bears FO runs an auction, by limited the bidders to one. Years later, still fucked by the FO. Fuck you fucking 'tarded McCaskeys.

Lol. Remember when Angelo announced to the media after yet another disappointing season that he wasn't going to try harder? Lol, classic Angelose. They still play that sound byte on espn1000 to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's the Pats plan. They trade him to the Browns and tell him they'll eventually want him back. He signs a 3 year deal, Browns tag him one more and he's a FA that goes back to NE (if he continues to develop) when Brady retires in 4 years. That is if he doesn't get killed in Cleveland.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have just described the top 5 college prospects every year from the last 20 years.

Well, that's exactly who wanted to draft.. as long as he was, err, 'mobile'.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Matt Leinart agrees with you!! So does Tebow!

Clemson has been winning for a while now, verrrrry shortsighted argument by you.

8-10-0,.....that's Matt Leinart's NFL W-L record.

Tebow had a winning NFL record, so he's got nothing to be ashamed of ( his biggest downfall was openly believing in God.....the powers that be didn't like it). Yeah..ur gonna say what a horrible Qb he was. OK, but he left the NFL with a knack for winning and as a leader of men.

Watson coming outta' Clemson has the leadership, smarts, passing #'s and intangibles ( nothing shortsighted about what this kid has done) . NO none of them have ur beloved JG's 3game NFL resume.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
WHY? Watson's smart, a leader, a winner and can make plays as a Qb. Tell us WHY's it "fucked up" ?

You have just described the top 5 college prospects every year from the last 20 years.

Oh and not all Qb's can make plays on da move.

Anyway.....

Here's what was said......
Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
If the Bears take Watson with their first round pick, they've seriously reached and fucked up.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jimmy does seem skittish. I 'm not saying that to suggest Hoyer is better. The Browns should have taken Wentz. I don't think it's very complicated - if they want JG now, they are going to pay a price.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Well, that's exactly who wanted to draft.. as long as he was, err, 'mobile'.

Staubach, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Elway, Young, Gannon, Luck and Conner Shaw were all mobile Watson too.......so where ru going with this.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jimmy does seem skittish. I 'm not saying that to suggest Hoyer is better. The Browns should have taken Wentz. I don't think it's very complicated - if they want JG now, they are going to pay a price.

I'm with Bearmick ( let him go to da Browns).....I just want this discussion about jg to stop. The guy has played in 3 games and ppl. are proclaiming him a so-called "franchise Qb"

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Seen him and typical college QB. When he's struggling passing, he'll do a lot of running and he's good at it but we know that's not as easy to do in the NFL. No matter, you'll see how it goes for him at the next draft and then you can kiss my ass and say you're sorry.

Looks like the next draft will go much like the last. We'll see Kizer and Trubisky dominate the talk as the draft draws near. Some teams will think Kizer is the one while others say Trubisky. Before the Jimmy rumor to Cleveland, there was talk they were heavily favoring Trubisky.

I know you're not new so stop acting like it. Tis the lying season.