Plot thickens Jimmy G to be pursued by Browns in trade

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That's my favorite part. He does not force things and turn the ball over. Stays in the pocket where it's safe and he can play a full season.
Not too sure about that. When Barkley has been pressured, he's made some really stupid decisions in throwing the ball.

It just so happens that Barkley has gotten pretty good protection the last few weeks.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Not too sure about that. When Barkley has been pressured, he's made some really stupid decisions in throwing the ball.

It just so happens that Barkley has gotten pretty good protection the last few weeks.

Well in all fairness Brady looks the fool under pressure too. There has never been a QB that likes pressure or looks good with it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well in all fairness Brady looks the fool under pressure too. There has never been a QB that likes pressure or looks good with it.
From PFF, Brady’s current pressure numbers are unheard of, as he leads the NFL in every major pressure category, starting with a 95.0 adjusted completion percentage.

200_s.gif

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Comprehend it's not just about what he's done in 2 games but the overwhelming fact he just has a better skill set than any QB who can be drafted next year and is obviously more NFL ready than any rookie would be and that is most important for a team starting over at the starting QB position.

U say "better skill set". Can he move around and buy time for wr's to get open, can he stay healthy behind a weak OL. Are there better Qb's in FA with better experience ( i.e. playoff / post season exp.) Hell, the guy has already been injured. With your logic....no team should draft a Qb, cuz most NFL Qb's have NFL experience.

....obviously more NFL ready than any rookie

then why do drafted Qb's end taking over for veteran Qb's

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'd say that Big Ben thrives on it. Drew Brees does very well also.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G is still better than anyone the Bears could pick in the 2nd round.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Jimmy G is still better than anyone the Bears could pick in the 2nd round.

I'm with you here. Still prefer a top prospect but if they would rather go defense Rd 1 Jimmy is likely the best option day 2.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the nadir of this season (or season and preseason) to me is basing Connor Shaw's worth on a little more than a quarter's worth of play.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm with you here. Still prefer a top prospect but if they would rather go defense Rd 1 Jimmy is likely the best option day 2.

John Clayton was on ESPN radio and thought the Bears would be interested in Jimmy G and that it would likely cost their 2nd this season and 3rd next season.

If that gets me an upgrade at QB better than I am going to get in the draft and ALLOWS me to take Jonathan Allen I am in.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
John Clayton was on ESPN radio and thought the Bears would be interested in Jimmy G and that it would likely cost their 2nd this season and 3rd next season.

If that gets me an upgrade at QB better than I am going to get in the draft and ALLOWS me to take Jonathan Allen I am in.

2nd and a 3rd next year is a price I would pay. With that being said I would still rather try and land Watson or Kizer in the first. I could certainly get down with Jimmy G and Allen or Derek Barnett but I am very high on Watson and Kizer and would do what I can to land one of the two. Watson in particular is my guy but I also would do what I could for Kizer as I think both have immense potential.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

you probably said you would pay three 1st round picks for cutler in 2009

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you probably said you would pay three 1st round picks for cutler in 2009

No, but I was okay with what they paid.

Turned out to be way too much. The Cutler trade and the end of Angelo, beginning of Emery really did show you the importance of 1st round picks.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Falk is equal armed, less mobile, but more accurate, heady, lunch pail, leader version of Jimmy.

I don't know about equal armed. I have wanted to like Falk but it just hasn't happened. He looks smaller than listed and his arm strength is a real concern. Despite playing in a QB proof system he failed when it counted.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about equal armed. I have wanted to like Falk but it just hasn't happened. He looks smaller than listed and his arm strength is a real concern. Despite playing in a QB proof system he failed when it counted.

Failed when it counted? I think you are putting too much on the shoulders of a college QB if you are going to blame him for every loss. Go check out WSU's record the last 8 years before Falk was QB then compare that with the last 2 years Falk has played. He has a bigger impact on his squad then any other QB in college.